2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr. | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr.

Reaction Score
Being part of the fab 5 does not necessarily mean high iq coach. Are any of them a coach now
Juwan Howard as a low basketball IQ coach won AP coach of the year, Sporting News Coach of the Year; and Big Ten Coach of the Year.

Therefore, since low basketball IQ coaches have proven they can win those accolades, Dan Hurley is possibly an even lower IQ coach than Howard as he is yet to win an AP coach of the year award.

Reaction Score
Juwan Howard as a low basketball IQ coach won AP coach of the year, Sporting News Coach of the Year; and Big Ten Coach of the Year.

Therefore, since low basketball IQ coaches have proven they can win those accolades, Dan Hurley is possibly an even lower IQ coach than Howard as he is yet to win an AP coach of the year award.
Did he get fired because his basketball IQ was TOO high?

Reaction Score

I know you're a troll. I do. But I can't help but get the intense urge to smack the bejesus out of you.

Reaction Score

Big deal, Dick Jauron and Matt Nagy won NFL coach of the year honors.

Reaction Score
I know you're a troll. I do. But I can't help but get the intense urge to smack the bejesus out of you.
Sounds like a personal control issue. I’d talk to someone about your anger issues. Seriously. It’s a message board and you’re mad at logic.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a personal control issue. I’d talk to someone about your anger issues. Seriously. It’s a message board and you’re mad at logic.
Can only speak for myself but I'm just mad that someone who exists solely to troll isn't even good at it

Reaction Score
From ESPN article… this stat line is awfully similar ..

“It’s unclear if any of those three schools were the one that offered Omoruyi the $2M deal.
Omoruyi has averaged 10.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game during his college career, all of which has been spent at Rutgers.
He averaged 10.4 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game as a senior for the Scarlet Knights last season.”

What do we learn?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Logic? You don't know what the word means. There wasn't an iota of logic in that post. None. Zilch. Just rambling idiocy.

You want to keep this up?

Reaction Score
My Bookie makes some good points as Reed does have some issues. He had the worst +/- on Michigan the past 2 years and he was ranked as the #1392 player by Evan Miya stats. The bet is that Hurley and staff can develop him and put him in a better situation to succeed.

Look at some past UConn players and see their first year development under Hurley based on Evan Miya stats:

Tarris Reed: ranked #1392 at Michigan

Cam Spencer: ranked #1130 at Rutgers improved to #10 at UConn

Tristen Newton: ranked #798 at East Carolina improved to #28 at UConn

Hassan Diarra: ranked #358 at Texas A&M improved to #164 at UConn

RJ Cole: ranked #592 at Howard improved to #68 at UConn

Tyrese Martin: ranked #434 at Rhode Island improved to #147 at UConn

In Hurley we trust!

We know Dan can coach but you also have to question Evan Miya stats they seem ridiculous. I’m not going to look up the dynamic of his stats or what they factor in but they seem inconsistent at best. Many stats are anyway these days.

Reaction Score
You add nothing here- I don’t usually feed trolls but sometimes I wish we banned people like u more quickly. (However bottom feeders gotta eat too I guess). Lucky for you we are tolerant as well as being arrogant and spoiled.

Reaction Score
You add nothing here- I don’t usually feed trolls but sometimes I wish we banned people like u more quickly. (However bottom feeders gotta eat too I guess). Lucky for you we are tolerant as well as being arrogant and spoiled.
I choose the ignore button prudently. In his case it’s justified

Reaction Score
We know Dan can coach but you also have to question Evan Miya stats they seem ridiculous. I’m not going to look up the dynamic of his stats or what they factor in but they seem inconsistent at best. Many stats are anyway these days.

Looking at 1 stat is never a good idea. Or at minimum you have to contextualize it. Cam didn't get THAT much better in a year, he just ended up in a better system. That's why the art of the scout is so key in the portal.

Reaction Score
Did he get fired because his basketball IQ was TOO high?
Yes rumor was everything he was running at Michigan was just too high level for everyone’s basketball IQ and that’s why it looked so bad, Howard was just too smart for the program…..

Reaction Score
I wonder how many centers in the transfer portal wanted to go to UConn…and UConn chose Reed… I got to believe Wolf would have wanted to play for UConn ..most Israel’s have got to be UConn fans..with all the Israel players UConn has had over the years

Reaction Score
I wonder how many centers in the transfer portal wanted to go to UConn…and UConn chose Reed… I got to believe Wolf would have wanted to play for UConn ..most Israel’s have got to be UConn fans..with all the Israel players UConn has had over the years

I'm thinking having Yarin Hasson play 10 total minutes and score exactly 0 points isn't the calling card you'd think to potential recruits. Who was our last Israeli player before him?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm thinking having Yarin Hasson play 10 total minutes and score exactly 0 points isn't the calling card you'd think to potential recruits. Who was our last Israeli player before him?

I think it was Baruch Hashem. Or Chatzi Kaddish.

Reaction Score
I’m going with Gilda Katz for 20 Alex

Reaction Score
I was thinking Sheffer and Henefeld

Reaction Score
It’s not just Wolf it’s all the centers… it’s rumored that Cliff got 2 million in the transfer portal… it seems to me that Reed is the player UConn wanted and could have had any center they wanted

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score

I think the order was. Henefeld. If only he could have stayed and played another season. Katz - not a big contributor. Sheffer - a great addition. Uri Cohen Mintz - he didn’t play any meaningful minutes.

That’s off the top of my head so that may not be everyone.

Reaction Score
Wolf is from Glencoe, Illinois. Just because someone is Jewish doesn't make them Israeli. Lol

Reaction Score
Yes rumor was everything he was running at Michigan was just too high level for everyone’s basketball IQ and that’s why it looked so bad, Howard was just too smart for the program…..
Smart people/coaches know how to adjust to their personnel and make any necessary modifications or adaptations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom