2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr.

Reaction Score
No, he needs to develop his skills and get reps. His quickness with his size his best quality. He shouldnt be playing the 5.
He a career 47% from the line and 11% from 3. He ain’t developing the shooting touch necessary to become a PF probably ever, never mind in one summer. Hes a rising senior. Who you saw this season is who he is. If he can put on some weight and stop fouling so much that’s a huge win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He a career 47% from the line and 11% from 3. He ain’t developing the shooting touch necessary to become a PF probably ever, never mind in one summer. Hes a rising senior. Who you saw this season is who he is. If he can put on some weight and stop fouling so much that’s a huge win.
Wrong. I'm keeping this receipt for next year.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
To be fair to Samson, this was his first year playing any semblance of significant minutes since he was a senior in high school. He may never develop a shooting touch, but what reason do we have to assume he won’t make a big jump in his overall development this summer?

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Triple bigs?!
1713033624216.gif

Reaction Score
Two years ago at the beginning of the season SJ and Karaban were neck and neck for who would start at the 4. SJ got hurt, Karaban took over and SJ never made it back into the rotation. This past year SJ played out of position, Hurley using him as a backup game-changing 5. Next year, SJ will need to showcase some 4 man skills, perimeter/midrange shooting/short drives in the lane, if he wants to get a look at the draft. I'm thinking it's Hurley's responsibility to try and put his players in a position to succeed within the framework of the team and winning games, and Samson will now be a senior. It's a long offseason for developing players; maybe with Singare picking up some minutes as a backup 5, SJ might see some time at the 4.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Asked a UM alum friend (who grew up and remains a huge UConn MBB fan) about Reed and what he said was consistent with what most people have been saying:

“Tarris Reed is good but hard to really know given dumpster that was UM / juwan

But highly ranked and flashes”

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Looking at the highlights I posted, he could benefit from losing a few pounds. His frame is much different than Clingan and carries the weight differently.
After leaving Michigan and coming to Uconn the practices might help a bit there if need be LOL. He looks kind of cat like quick from 10 feet in. A lot to like if our staff likes him. His environment is about to change 100% and if he is a gamer (and betting he is knowing our staff) it will be like going to heaven after where he has been. It would be great having a bruiser up front again! It's amazing how basketball bigs can be that size and strength and still be so agile.

Reaction Score
Two years ago at the beginning of the season SJ and Karaban were neck and neck for who would start at the 4. SJ got hurt, Karaban took over and SJ never made it back into the rotation. This past year SJ played out of position, Hurley using him as a backup game-changing 5. Next year, SJ will need to showcase some 4 man skills, perimeter/midrange shooting/short drives in the lane, if he wants to get a look at the draft. I'm thinking it's Hurley's responsibility to try and put his players in a position to succeed within the framework of the team and winning games, and Samson will now be a senior. It's a long offseason for developing players; maybe with Singare picking up some minutes as a backup 5, SJ might see some time at the 4.
There’s no way Hurley is gonna play someone at the 4 who can’t shoot the three more than a couple minutes a game. It would kill our spacing and efficiency.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
To be fair to Samson, this was his first year playing any semblance of significant minutes since he was a senior in high school. He may never develop a shooting touch, but what reason do we have to assume he won’t make a big jump in his overall development this summer?
He improved so much over the season too, no reason to think he won’t improve over the summer

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think that’s basically what bendm was saying. If he gets stronger and stays on the floor, he’ll produce. But he’s not gonna remind anyone of Kyle Filipowski.

Reaction Score
He may never develop a shooting touch, but what reason do we have to assume he won’t make a big jump in his overall development this summer?
You’re putting words in my mouth. My comment was limited to him being able to play PF in our offense. If he can put on some weight so he can hold his position down low and stop fouling, without compromising his speed and agility, then he will make a big jump.

Reaction Score

I think that’s basically what bendm was saying. If he gets stronger and stays on the floor, he’ll produce. But he’s not gonna remind anyone of Kyle Filipowski.
I didn't think he was just talking shooting when he said "Who you saw this season is who he is" but maybe that's what he meant.

I doubt Samson becomes any sort of legit three point shooting option but I expect to see major improvements throughout his game. Look what Hassan became in his fourth season, he's a completely different player than what he was last season.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I didn't think he was just talking shooting when he said "Who you saw this season is who he is" but maybe that's what he meant.

I doubt Samson becomes any sort of legit three point shooting option but I expect to see major improvements throughout his game. Look what Hassan became in his fourth season, he's a completely different player than what he was last season.

Maybe I was being generous in my reading. Bendm can speak for himself. (Edit: He just did.)

We have a long history of guys having great senior years. Hilton comes to mind. I definitely expect material improvement. But he ain’t a PF.

Reaction Score
Maybe I was being generous in my reading. Bendm can speak for himself. We have a long history of guys having great senior years. Hilton comes to mind. I definitely expect material improvement. But he ain’t a PF.
Definitely a center.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, if he can’t master at least that little push shot that oso ighadoro(sp?) from Marquette has, we’re all screwed. Did you see that move he made against Purdue similar to that? Think that’s the first time I saw him score without dunking. Give Samson and the coaching staff credit, he’ll be a different Husky by Nov 1 and even more different March 1 when he begins climbing “The Stairway to Seven”

Reaction Score
There’s no way Hurley is gonna play someone at the 4 who can’t shoot the three more than a couple minutes a game. It would kill our spacing and efficiency.
Yeah, so why was Samson nearly the starter over Karaban two years ago? I don't think we've really seen his whole game, Hurley keeps his players in their roles. Plus, there is the whole offseason here for SJ to work on his game. See what happens, I'm rooting for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom