2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score
I don't remember Ollie being particularly athletic, but I don't know that I really ever thought about it one way or the other. What are you remembering that makes you think that? Definitely not saying that you're wrong, I'm just curious what you're thinking of.

Ollie was super quick with the ball and was really fast overall. That was the great contrast we had with Doron and KO. Doron would beat you with the long outlet, KO would beat you down court with his speed. He won the PC game in 93/94 by just dribbling past everyone.

Reaction Score
I think the initial comparison made was strictly talking about how their pro careers will play out. He wasn't comparing the two as players..... which makes the comments made about who is more athletic or who is a better shooter between TN and KO irrelevant.

Reaction Score
If AK is projected in the 2nd round, he'll be a fool to leave early. It's all setup for him to lead a good UCONN team next year and get drafted in the mid 1st round.

We should know by the 29th if he is staying. I think he is staying but who knows.

Reaction Score
I don't remember Ollie being particularly athletic, but I don't know that I really ever thought about it one way or the other. What are you remembering that makes you think that? Definitely not saying that you're wrong, I'm just curious what you're thinking of.
Ollie was fast up the court on the dribble but I sure don't recall him making any highlight reel dunks or spectacular defensive plays. He was a good defender on the ball which may have been due to his athletic ability but it's been so long since we've seen him I just don't remember.

Reaction Score
logs onto Boneyard

Sees people compare All-American and 2x MOP of Final Four to Kevin Ollie. The comparison is maybe they’ll have the same path to the pros. That’s it.

Funny enough, that was literally the comparison that was made. The fact that the observation led to a train derailment is just what we do.

Reaction Score
logs onto Boneyard

Sees people compare All-American and 2x MOP of Final Four to Kevin Ollie. The comparison is maybe they’ll have the same path to the pros. That’s it.

I thought I just had someone on ignore and didn't understand. I didn't. We're just collectively rather stupid.

Reaction Score
Both quicker and faster. Thus a better defender, at least of smaller point guards. But, as I said, not as good as Tristan offensively. fasQuicdker a

Reaction Score
Ollie was fast up the court on the dribble but I sure don't recall him making any highlight reel dunks or spectacular defensive plays. He was a good defender on the ball which may have been due to his athletic ability but it's been so long since we've seen him I just don't remember.

I don’t remember him doing much under the basket, but I do remember him and Brian Fair as decent shooters, and of course there was one shot in particular that Ollie is remembered for.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember him doing much under the basket, but I do remember him and Brian Fair as decent shooters, and of course there was one shot in particular that Ollie is remembered for.
I'll bite. What shot?

Reaction Score
Don't get the Ollie vs Newton comp. Newton was much more talented as a creative-unique-end of the clock scorer/clutch 3 point shooter. Ollie was a pass first PG. They were both tough dudes. The only thing they had in common is/was they were point guards that played at UConn. Different eras and different offensive schemes.

Reaction Score
Don't get the Ollie vs Newton comp. Newton was much more talented as a creative-unique-end of the clock scorer/clutch 3 point shooter. Ollie was a pass first PG. They were both tough dudes. The only thing they had in common is/was they were point guards that played at UConn. Different eras and different offensive schemes.
More than that, Newton would think nothing of fighting for rebounds under the basket and getting a key bucket or going to the foul line. I don’t recall Ollie having that scoring threat amongst the trees.

Reaction Score
More than that, Newton would think nothing of fighting for rebounds under the basket and getting a key bucket or going to the foul line. I don’t recall Ollie having that scoring threat amongst the trees.
Guys, the comparisons was simply that Newton might have to latch on as an undrafted free angent and possibly go from team to team before getting a guaranteed deal. Their games and talent level are not similar. Nobody suggested they were.

Reaction Score
I don't want any of our players going to Charlotte. Dead end franchise.
I don't want any of them going to the Lakers. I despise having to go from loving a player to hating him just because he's a Laker.

Reaction Score
It's bizarre how many people post that Newton was MOP both years.

It's the Mandela Effect at this point. It's my new pet peeve. Far more than the chronic misspelling of his name.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom