2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+) | The Boneyard

2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

-> UConn Men’s Ice Hockey is hosting the Connecticut Ice tournament in 2024! The four-game event, which features the premier D1 men’s ice hockey teams in the state, is scheduled for January 26 and 27 at XL Center.

Renewing season ticket holders will automatically receive tickets to this outstanding event at a discounted rate. By purchasing these tickets during the renewal process, season ticket holders will also have access to their same regular season seats, at just $40 for all 4 games. <-

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In 2020 we played Quinnipiac in the first round; 2021 cancelled due to Covid; 2022 Sacred Heart; 2023 Yale. If rotational form holds, we'll be matched with QU next January.

If not, I foresee some legitimate gripes from Yale and SHU. FYI, The Beanpot rotates first round opponents each year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Outstanding. If UConn and QU make the finals it should get 7k fans if not more
After they circulate this event through every home venue, they should personally schedule it for the XL Center every year. It’s centrally located, no longer Yukon’s true home ice, and big enough that everyone who wants a seat can get one.

Hopefully the CDRA is smart enough not to price themselves out of it by charging ridiculous lease rates.

Reaction Score

-> The fourth edition of the annual tournament between UConn, Quinnipiac, Yale, and Sacred Heart returns January 26-27 at the XL Center in Hartford and will be hosted by UConn while being broadcasted by SNY. Sacred Heart will then host the tournament in the 2024-25 season followed by Yale for the 2025-26 season. <-

jho

Reaction Score
According to the 2023-24 schedules released by Quinnipiac, Yale & Sacred Heart, the Friday, January 26th semi-final matchups will be Quinnipiac vs Yale and Sacred Heart vs UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since it's inception, this tournament has produced more champions than the Beanpot.

Reaction Score
According to the 2023-24 schedules released by Quinnipiac, Yale & Sacred Heart, the Friday, January 26th semi-final matchups will be Quinnipiac vs Yale and Sacred Heart vs UConn.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but UConn has yet to have played QU in the opening game in this Tournament. Wonder why? Maybe the home site gets to pick now or is it totally random?

Reaction Score

-> The fourth edition of the annual tournament between UConn, Quinnipiac, Yale, and Sacred Heart returns January 26-27 at the XL Center in Hartford and will be hosted by UConn while being broadcasted by SNY. Sacred Heart will then host the tournament in the 2024-25 season followed by Yale for the 2025-26 season. <-

Selfishly would have preferred this in Bridgeport, but happy to see this event moving to a bigger venue, a nod to the growth of CT collegiate hockey, especially between UConn and SHU.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Hey, would you look at that - UConn decided to actually publicize this, and get info out early, unlike the QU clown show last year.

Reaction Score
Hey, would you look at that - UConn decided to actually publicize this, and get info out early, unlike the QU clown show last year.

While this is true, it seemed QU took on the dates and agreed to host at the last minute. The games were originally scheduled for Saturday and Sunday of that weekend at what is now called Total Mortgage (yuck) arena in Bridgeport. They shifted the dates to Friday and Saturday in Quinnipiac but there was quite a bit of uncertainty leading up to the event.

The good news is that it appears the tournament is on solid footing and has buy ins from all four state D1 athletic departments with rotation as hosts in the next three seasons (SHU then Yale). This tournament will only get better and here's to hoping it gets popular enough to be hosted at the XL permanently in the future.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Yale is playing their ECAC home game vs QU in CT Ice. Gave up the date at Ingalls.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
What’s the alternative, 7 and 10?
Friday at 4 sucks. The games have always been played on Saturday and Sunday. People have jobs. Mine doesn’t end until 5. I already bought tickets. What do I do with them? They were part of the season ticket package, paid for long ago.

Reaction Score
Last season was Friday, Saturday starting at 4:30.

They are not going to play these games on NFL Championship Sunday or any other NFL playoff weekends.

Play it the weekend between the Championship games and the Super Bowl?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Last season was Friday, Saturday starting at 4:30.

They are not going to play these games on NFL Championship Sunday or any other NFL playoff weekends.

Play it the weekend between the Championship games and the Super Bowl?
Ah, yes…now I remember. Friend had tix for Friday and I couldn’t go due to a work meeting. Probably can’t do the weekend in between because of league schedules.

Reaction Score
How about just winning the game on Friday and getting the late game on Sunday…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom