2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who starts in goal vs Sacred Heart. I’m leaning Sergeev who has been excellent as of late. In a way it’s the more crucial game to win, but cannot be overlooked. If he’s stellar again he could be considered for Saturday too. A loss it’s an automatic start for the second goalie. Interesting choices here…

Any word on Jake Flynn returning for this one?

Reaction Score
Posted before, QU @ Yale @ HCC Friday is Yale's ECAC home game, league contest. I'm a Bulldog fan except vs. UConn, but go Cats, Ice Bus needs W vs QU Saturday for Pairwise

As long as UConn is playing for a trophy, I could care less who it is. The odds of them sneaking into the top 13 in pairwise is rather low, but with games vs Massachusetts Providence and BU there are opportunities for miracles if UConn were to sweep them somehow.

Reaction Score
If you're thinking of splitting the goalies this weekend, you save Sergeev for Sat.
If you don't care about splitting, you go Sergeev for 2.
I'd like to think we can split and not get burned vs sacred heart but who knows.

Reaction Score
If you're thinking of splitting the goalies this weekend, you save Sergeev for Sat.
If you don't care about splitting, you go Sergeev for 2.
I'd like to think we can split and not get burned vs sacred heart but who knows.
Good point. And Sergeev played well against QU last year in the final. He may be itching at a chance to win that one for redemption if given the opportunity.

Haider vs Sacred Heart isn’t a bad choice if coaches are intent on splitting net minder duties.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we’ll be able to exit XL after game 1 and return for game 2?

Reaction Score
Since joining Hockey East, UConn is 1-5-1 vs Sacred Heart

UConn is 1-11-0 vs Quinnipiac in the last 12 games (only win: October of 2014)

Reaction Score
That sacred heart record is stunning. Team will be motivated tomorrow - no excuses.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we’ll be able to exit XL after game 1 and return for game 2?

I asked and was told no. Even though they have the ability to scan people out and back in, which is what they do for folks going to the Coliseum Club

shrug

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I asked and was told no. Even though they have the ability to scan people out and back in, which is what they do for folks going to the Coliseum Club

shrug
They want to funnel you to the sports book to recoup losses.

Reaction Score

shrug
So we’re allowed to go upstairs to the Coliseum Club between games? Is it even open for this one?

Reaction Score
Since joining Hockey East, UConn is 1-5-1 vs Sacred Heart

UConn is 1-11-0 vs Quinnipiac in the last 12 games (only win: October of 2014)
It is strange. Every time Uconn plays Sacred Heart they suddenly look like they are the Red Army team from the USSR. Hopefully the Huskies take care of business today and are fully healthy. I haven’t heard about Jake Flynn yet,

I hope Ryan Mashie left the club on good terms and is ok personally. He didn’t contribute to the team despite a stellar season with RPI last year. This does give Jake Black and Ollie Flynn an opportunity to step up now that Jake Vellieux is back in the lineup.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
So we’re allowed to go upstairs to the Coliseum Club between games? Is it even open for this one?
Probably not. You have to leave the coliseum and and walk over to that entrance. If they aren’t rescanning tickets, you won’t be able to use your ticket there. Guess they want a captive audience buying more beer and such.

Reaction Score
IMG_0204.jpeg

Jake Flynn is back in!
Sergeev listed atop likely meaning he starts…

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Double bonus afternoon, not only do we get happy hour hockey, during the 1st period we'll get some Four Twenty hockey! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom