2024-2025 Roster is posted | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Roster is posted

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Guess this is final. Some will complain there's no 6-10 rim protector :rolleyes: but this is a big team. Lots of tall, long, athletic, and talented players on this list. This is still a young team, with 9 of 14 players freshmen or sophomores.

Real roster 06.03.24.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not really seeing the lack of height on the roster. Lots were saying that we didn't get a big so we're gonna be height deficient for whatever reason. But I mean:

6'5 Center
6'3 F
4 6'2 F/G
6'1 F
3 6'0 G

That's 7 players over 6'0. And it's definitely important to consider factors below the surface, like athleticism, length, and verticals like Nan said. PB has proven she can play like a 6'2 F when she wants to, Aubrey has a good vertical, and players like Q and Morgan have some serious length in the arms that could make them difficult defenders.

Reaction Score
Guess this is final. Some will complain there's no 6-10 rim protector :rolleyes: but this is a big team. Lots of tall, long, athletic, and talented players on this list. This is still a young team, with 9 of 14 players freshmen or sophomores.
You know for a fact if there's ever a 6'10 recruit in the field, Dawn Staley is the first to sell her soul for em.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
And all three California cites starts from "San" ~~~, San Mario, San Jose and San Diego.
Ur right...Not a coincidence tho Lots of west coast cities and towns start with San.... it's the Spanish word for a male Saint, with Santa used for a female saint. Not a big thing just gives me a chance to show off some of Spanish history teaching I got back in junior high school.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ur right...Not a coincidence tho Lots of west coast cities and towns start with San.... it's the Spanish word for a male Saint, with Santa used for a female saint. Not a big thing just gives me a chance to show off some of Spanish history teaching I got back in junior high school.
So Santa Claus is really a woman? :D

Reaction Score
So we are back to 5 players with UCONN experience who we know will be ready to go. Hopefully we can add Azzi, Aubrey, Ayanna, and Caroline to the group as soon as possible.
Chen will take a little time to get up to speed kinda like it took Dorka some time.
Jana has seen a lot of practice time so she has a head start on the other Freshmen.
We'll have to see which of the 3 freshmen come out swinging and can contribute.

Reaction Score

View attachment 101226
It appears that the higher numbers (>25) are not ready to practice just yet. The Christmas present to the Boneyard Huskie fans would be to have all players available after Fall Finals are completed.
Geno said that last year changed his thought process in his approach to this year (...and hence for his current five year contract). I believe we will see five in and five out substitutions to enable the coaching staff to rapidly see who plays well with whom.

I personally don't care who starts, but that they all play well, and (get, and) remain healthy all year.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that if Geno can build a tough gritty team out of the 5 healthy returners who clawed their way to the final four in November and December, plus the 4 newcomers, the gradual return of the injured in January and February will make UConn a very unpredictable team for opposing teams to prepare for.

Paige KK Ash Ice Q + Kaitlyn Sarah Allie Morgan — I’m pretty sure Geno can build something really special out of this group, especially if Jana is ready to play on November. Then add one after another Azzi Caroline Ayanna and Aubrey, it could all come together into one monster team of huskies by mid March.

Reaction Score
I was told how much he made to start a bb game, I thought it was an obscene waste of money.

Fast forward about 30 seconds, and I totally got it.
temery- - - As I've stated many times I coached East Lyme HS Wrestling for 30+ years and one of my assistant coaches worked at Mohegan Sun in the Entertainment/Sports section, in charge of setting up and running equipment venues and did the boxing matches!
He asked Michael Buffer if he could have a recording of LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE that our Wrestling team could play as we warmed up. Buffer said sure for $1,000.00!
My Assistant said thanks anyway!

Reaction Score
I don't mean to get overly religious here but let's offer a collective prayer that they get and stay healthy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Has there ever been three California natives on the same team? I’m also loving the Midwest representation!
Loving the Cali connections. Moving back to San Diego this summer, so I will make it to any homecoming or Cali games UConn schedules!

Reaction Score
I think that this year we are going to see Geno subbing as much, if not more, than any year he has been coaching at Uconn. I also believe that the majority of the combos he inserts will work out. Finally, I think the combination of Jana and Sarah in the game at the same time will solve any rebounding problems we've had, no matter who we may be playing.

Reaction Score
Loving the Cali connections. Moving back to San Diego this summer, so I will make it to any homecoming or Cali games UConn schedules!
I also try to catch the Huskies whenever they play in CA. I've seen them at LMU in LA, at Pepperdine in Malibu, in Santa Barbara @UCSB, at Stanford in Palo Alto, at U of Pacific in Stockton, at a fall tournament in San Jose and at UCLA. Wow, until I wrote all that, I didn't realize how many there were! I moved from CT 33 years ago this month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom