2023 UConn in the WNBA (tracker) | The Boneyard

2023 UConn in the WNBA (tracker)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey sportsfans, here's a list of all UConn players currently on rosters in the WNBA as of today. Want to use this thread for anything UConn player related this summer?

1. Napheesa Collier (Lynx)
2. Crystal Dangerfield (Wings)
3. Stefanie Dolson (Liberty)
4. Tiffany Hayes (Sun)
5. Moriah Jefferson (Mercury)
6. Dorka Juhász (Lynx)
7. Lou Lopez Sénéchal (Wings)
8. Olivia Nelson-Ododa (Sun)
9. Kia Nurse (Storm)
10. Katie Lou Samuelson (Sparks)
11. Azurá Stevens (Sparks)
12. Breanna Stewart (Liberty)
13. Kiah Stokes (Aces)
14. Diana Taurasi (Mercury)
15. Evina Westbrook (Mystics)

Reaction Score
Does anybody know what is going on with Megan Walker and C.Williams these days?
From the wiki,
After being waived by the Mercury, the Atlanta Dream claimed Walker off of waivers and added her to the roster to earn a spot on their 2022 team.[9] Walker played in 12 games during the 2022 season for the Dream, averaging 3.3 points and 0.8 rebounds. On June 8, 2022, Walker was traded to the New York Liberty, along with the draft rights to Raquel Carrera in exchange for AD.[10] The Liberty waived her following the trade.

Reaction Score
On April 11, 2022, Williams was drafted by the Washington Mystics in the second round with the 14th overall pick.[18] However, it was reported that Williams got hurt during practice and will have to undergo surgery for her knee injury. Thus, she was unable to play during the 2022 season

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Christyn is rehabbing and may be close to returning. She is still in Washington with the Mystics in some form.

Megan played well in Europe or Turkey. I think her game may be good enough for the W now, but I’m not sure if she’ll try this season.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I imagine we'll see Tina appear on a roster mid-season. She wants a ring and she knows the contenders don't have the cap space for her. But if she goes somewhere mid-season, she'll be much less expensive.

Reaction Score
Christyn is rehabbing and may be close to returning. She is still in Washington with the Mystics in some form.

Megan played well in Europe or Turkey. I think her game may be good enough for the W now, but I’m not sure if she’ll try this season.
It is unclear whether Megan's FIBA sanction allows her to play in the WNBA or if she is only able to sign for teams in Turkey.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook no longer on WNBA players page nor Mystics roster. :(

Reaction Score
Too many good players, not enough roster spots. It's like the Hunger Games trying to make a WNBA roster.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
That was a bit of a surprise to me. She played 26 minutes Friday night and had 7 points and 3 rebounds.
This also surprised me, as when I looked at the box score, I thought, good minutes in the 1st game. Sadly, it might have been an extended audition to decide cuts. :(

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not really. ND used to be next closest, but not sure about this year.
After a bit of research, ND currently has 10-11 (to be explained) players on WNBA rosters.
1) Arike Ogunbowale - Dallas
2) Marina Mabrey - Chicago
3) Skylar Diggins-Smith - Phoenix (on maternity leave)
4) Brianna Turner - Phoenix
5) Jewell Loyd - Seattle
6) Jackie Young - Las Vegas
and a slew of Lynx
7) Kayla McBride - Minnesota
8) LIndsey Allen - Minnesota
9) Natalie Achonwa - Minnesota (on pregnancy leave)
10) Jessica Shepard - Minnesota
11) Maya Dodson - Minnesota (could argue Stanford/ND. Still trying to make Minnesota roster)

Reaction Score
The competition is insane for these spots and sadly excellent players won't make it. That includes some of our favorite college stars. These women still have the chance to play in Europe and hopefully they will be able to make their mark somehow.

Maybe I missed this but is Gabby Williams planning to stay overseas? I know the new agreement will cut into several players who typically spend time there coming to the US.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The competition is insane for these spots and sadly excellent players won't make it. That includes some of our favorite college stars. These women still have the chance to play in Europe and hopefully they will be able to make their mark somehow.

Maybe I missed this but is Gabby Williams planning to stay overseas? I know the new agreement will cut into several players who typically spend time there coming to the US.

Gabby may be impacted by the new WNBA ruling that suspends players who come back from Europe (and other leagues) late. I would love to see her play in Seattle this year, but I'm not sure if she can.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook is now listed on the Phoenix Mercury online roster.
Good luck to her. Early enough in the pre-season to get a shot (particularly with ??? regarding Diggins-Smith's availability).

Reaction Score
After a bit of research, ND currently has 10-11 (to be explained) players on WNBA rosters.
1) Arike Ogunbowale - Dallas
2) Marina Mabrey - Chicago
3) Skylar Diggins-Smith - Phoenix (on maternity leave)
4) Brianna Turner - Phoenix
5) Jewell Loyd - Seattle
6) Jackie Young - Las Vegas
and a slew of Lynx
7) Kayla McBride - Minnesota
8) LIndsey Allen - Minnesota
9) Natalie Achonwa - Minnesota (on pregnancy leave)
10) Jessica Shepard - Minnesota
11) Maya Dodson - Minnesota (could argue Stanford/ND. Still trying to make Minnesota roster)

The only person who would argue that Stanford should also claim Maya Dodson is DiJonai Carrington. I cannot believe that nobody made it clear to her after this controversy last season that pretty much everyone would clown any school with any kind of reputation for having WNBA players that would claim their outgoing transfers, regardless of how many seasons they played there. It is understandable that Fairfield would claim some credit for Lou and that Princeton would keep cheering on Abby Meyers since she could not have returned if she wanted to do so.

Gabby may be impacted by the new WNBA ruling that suspends players who come back from Europe (and other leagues) late. I would love to see her play in Seattle this year, but I'm not sure if she can.

We will know whether she has no path to the WNBA this season after Saturday's game, which her team must win by more than 13 points in order to advance and trigger her WNBA Prioritization ineligibility She and Seattle are both on the same page in terms of trying to work it out if the league does not punish her. She would be able to sign immediately, but would be fined 14% of her salary by the league. She would then also have a decision about whether she wants to play at all this season as some activities with the French national team before June 1st would also cause her to be ineligible to be signed.

If anyone is trying to find out which players are affected by this new rule, I am going to update this list all season long:

Reaction Score
The only person who would argue that Stanford should also claim Maya Dodson is DiJonai Carrington. I cannot believe that nobody made it clear to her after this controversy last season that pretty much everyone would clown any school with any kind of reputation for having WNBA players that would claim their outgoing transfers, regardless of how many seasons they played there. It is understandable that Fairfield would claim some credit for Lou and that Princeton would keep cheering on Abby Meyers since she could not have returned if she wanted to do so.

We will know whether she has no path to the WNBA this season after Saturday's game, which her team must win by more than 13 points in order to advance and trigger her WNBA Prioritization ineligibility She and Seattle are both on the same page in terms of trying to work it out if the league does not punish her. She would be able to sign immediately, but would be fined 14% of her salary by the league. She would then also have a decision about whether she wants to play at all this season as some activities with the French national team before June 1st would also cause her to be ineligible to be signed.

If anyone is trying to find out which players are affected by this new rule, I am going to update this list all season long:
It's not only about french playoffs but also about French Women National Team training camps

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom