2023 Recruiting: UConn Offers TJ Power | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: UConn Offers TJ Power

Reaction Score

Also keeping an eye on his AAU teammate Reid Ducharme, who is the brother of UConn’s Caroline Ducharme and will be playing at Brewster.

Reaction Score
We are on some elite talent in the 2023 class. My money is on our first 5* under Hurley in that class. Reid is an absolute dynamite shooter and has size from what I've seen in the highlights.

Sign me up for him and Bowen and day of the week.
Ducharme gets up there too. He had a lot of dunks a couple weeks ago. Yagmin/The Hustle posted highlights

Reaction Score
Looks like Reid may be Caroline Ducharme's brother? (Caroline is a freshman w UC women)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
A hill I'm certainly willing to die on, is that TJ Power is not a player of the caliber of the Big East, Big Ten, or ACC... A-10 perhaps.

I do like the video on the Ducharme kid though...
Can’t help but think if his parents named him Max instead, and his best friend was Trent Steel , that he would be that caliber

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Also keeping an eye on his AAU teammate Reid Ducharme, who is the brother of UConn’s Caroline Ducharme and will be playing at Brewster.

That dunk at the end was a nice Power move.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like Reid may be Caroline Ducharme's brother? (Caroline is a freshman w UC women)
Correct. FWIW she has a reputation as shooter, recently beating Azzi Fudd in a three point contest. (Of course Fudd was wearing a boot at the time and out shot her in the early rounds, but still.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A hill I'm certainly willing to die on, is that TJ Power is not a player of the caliber of the Big East, Big Ten, or ACC... A-10 perhaps.

I do like the video on the Ducharme kid though...
I will join you on that hill. I had a conversation on that with someone the other day and they said to remember that I saw him play as a freshman and sophomore at St. John's. He then repeated his sophomore year at Worcester Academy so he still has 2 more years of high school which will be a long way from when I last saw him play. So bottom line is I may be completely wrong on him once he gets to be a senior. We'll see.

Reaction Score

Not always easy to tell with younger kids but I agree, his ability does not jump off the screen.

Reaction Score

Looks like he's a heck of a shooter in this video. Good ballskills for a 6'9 kid. Not a twig either--says he's 220lbs. Not terribly athletic. No real inside info, but I like the offer based on this short highlight. He's basically what springs should be for us, but hasn't shown yet.

Article with some info here too.

Reaction Score
Anything about UConn in here?

UConn highlights:

-> Power has been hearing from Uconn a lot , Boston College, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Harvard among others. <-

-> UConn: “Our relationship has been good. I took an unofficial there a few weeks ago. It was really nice and it was my first unofficial as well. I like coach Hurley a lot. He's super intense. They also have a great environment and really fly around which is another thing I like to do. Hopefully I get to go down this year and watch them play and keep building that relationship.“They seem to have a lot of athletes and guys who can play above the rim so I want to see where a skilled player like myself could fit into that is something i'll look into.” <-

Reaction Score
I know a poster or two on this board saw Power play and was not impressed, but to level set our brains a bit here… he was a HS sophomore. He could have had an off night where he wasn’t feeling it. There are tons of college stars who were afterthoughts at that age, had off games, etc.

Power has been an efficient floor spacer and has rebounded solidly this spring/summer for BABC. This is a respected EYBL program and they’ve been winning at a very good clip this year. Scouts have liked what they’ve seen. So despite some negative reviews by our peers, I don’t think bashing him everytime he is mentioned is a good idea.

Reaction Score
I know a poster or two on this board saw Power play and was not impressed, but to level set our brains a bit here… he was a HS sophomore. He could have had an off night where he wasn’t feeling it. There are tons of college stars who were afterthoughts at that age, had off games, etc.

Power has been an efficient floor spacer and has rebounded solidly this spring/summer for BABC. This is a respected EYBL program and they’ve been winning at a very good clip this year. Scouts have liked what they’ve seen. So despite some negative reviews by our peers, I don’t think bashing him everytime he is mentioned is a good idea.
I don't know if anyone is bashing him necessarily just giving opinions on what they see. I don't disagree with them either. But that's a pretty impressive list of programs trying to get him. I'll take their scouting instead of ours any day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom