2023 Recruiting status | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wanted to send a question out to the insiders to how our 2023 class is looking realistically and what our most likely targets are. I know we got started great with Castle and things seem to have slowed down a bit, at times I was hoping for edwards and griffiths but those guys are out of the picture now. It feel like we are in the mix for a big group including some combo of Miranda, Bowen, Stojakovic (this one seemed like a scout look), Chatman, Onyenso (this one seemed like minor contact as well), Coleman, Middleton, Ducharme and Ball. I am sure I am missing some guys but those are the names that popped out to me when I just went through our offer list.

For this class, I would think it would be nice to add a big, a wing and a dept guard but was wondering what everyone's thoughts are for our needs and who will hopefully fill those needs

Reaction Score
I wanted to send a question out to the insiders to how our 2023 class is looking realistically and what our most likely targets are. I know we got started great with Castle and things seem to have slowed down a bit, at times I was hoping for edwards and griffiths but those guys are out of the picture now. It feel like we are in the mix for a big group including some combo of Miranda, Bowen, Stojakovic (this one seemed like a scout look), Chatman, Onyenso (this one seemed like minor contact as well), Coleman, Middleton, Ducharme and Ball. I am sure I am missing some guys but those are the names that popped out to me when I just went through our offer list.

For this class, I would think it would be nice to add a big, a wing and a dept guard but was wondering what everyone's thoughts are for our needs and who will hopefully fill those needs

Look for the OVs--that's how we know who we have a serious shot with. Scotty Middleton, Soloman Ball, Taison Chatman, Darius Carr have all set up visits.

Chris Johnson has indicated he wants to visit, but hasn't verified. Kingsley has talked about a visit, but we're a plan C for him. Possibly Stojakovic--not sure.

Reaction Score
i think people are getting impatient since we locked castle up so early and there hasn't been much going on since but it's still june of '22 and we don't even know how many open schollies we will have for '23. i think we get our second commitment in the fall per usual and then staff plays it by ear in the winter/spring.

right now we have 3 open schollys but hurley said he wants to bring in 1 more guy for '22. that leaves 2 open schollys for '23 with castle eventually taking 1. we only have 2 seniors on the roster but they can both use a covid year. that would mean a class of 2-4 players, including castle.

there's always the possibility of transfers out but staff usually has to fill those with transfers in, decommits, and reclasses in the summer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would we be happy with a class of Ball, Castle and Middleton? To me this definitely seems to be a talented group, although would be nice to have a big as well

Reaction Score
Would we be happy with a class of Ball, Castle and Middleton? To me this definitely seems to be a talented group, although would be nice to have a big as well

Seems like a realistic class. I don't love the lack of known shooters. Castle is decent... the other two are awful shooters.

Hopefully we prioritize skill in the transfer market. We have so far.

Reaction Score
i would assuming sanogo comes back for his senior year

Reaction Score
i would assuming sanogo comes back for his senior year
I don’t think so. And that doesn’t mean that Sanogo is going to be a first round pick.
I just think he’s competitive as hell and will want to get himself ready for an nba style of play and prove that he can make it. No inside info..just a gut feeling.

Reaction Score
Even if he doesn't we'd have Clingan and Johnson for the 5 spot. Don't think a big is a must get in this class, we need wings/shooters
sure, i'm just saying if sanogo left and another spot opened up we'd prob need a 4th guy and i'd love to add estrella. but if we end up with a 3 man class i'd be very happy with Castle Ball and Middleton.

Reaction Score
I think Estrella would be a good developmental big

Agree really like his game, underrated. One of those guys potentially we say “why can’t we have one of these types.” All in

Reaction Score
I think Estrella would be a good developmental big
Love his game...kinda reminds me a player i despised, yet was a hell of a player, and a former Duke guy...drum role... Christian Laettner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom