2023 Recruiting:. Ciera Toomey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting:. Ciera Toomey

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Offers:
2020: Penn State, Boston College, Bucknell, Ohio St, Penn, Rider, St John's, Villanova
2021: Columbia, Pitt, West Virginia, Northeastern, Michigan, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech, Baylor, UConn, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Wisconsin
What happened to the rest of WCBB programs? Must be on the sidelines or home drooling, we have the same names as usual tossing out offers. Would you if a head coach offer her? Why not take a chance, make an offer, what's there to lose. I am most surprised not to see L'ville, Ark or UCLA not offering, geez after all L'ville offers almost any player over 4'7" a scholarship. Maybe UCLA is hanging there hopes on Cunningham, Ark I have no idea what's up there, maybe still working on there pulled pork festival. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
McTiernan (Missy) knows what she would suggest to any player talented enough to play at UConn.

“Besides the basketball aspect of it and that experience – that was second to none with the way that program was run – and being fortunate to be a part of it, I’m more fortunate to have life-long friends,” she said. “It’s a wonderful experience.

“Of course, I’m biased. In my mind, Ciera has no other choice. She’d be crazy not to take the opportunity.”

Reaction Score
What happened to the rest of WCBB programs? Must be on the sidelines or home drooling, we have the same names as usual tossing out offers. Would you if a head coach offer her? Why not take a chance, make an offer, what's there to lose. I am most surprised not to see L'ville, Ark or UCLA not offering, geez after all L'ville offers almost any player over 4'7" a scholarship. Maybe UCLA is hanging there hopes on Cunningham, Ark I have no idea what's up there, maybe still working on there pulled pork festival. ;)
Regardless of the other Universities offering scholarships to Ciera Toomey, UCONN has the inside track as her initials are the abbreviation for Connecticut ==> CT In the words of Tyrus, 'Nuff said!"

Reaction Score
Regardless of the other Universities offering scholarships to Ciera Toomey, UCONN has the inside track as her initials are the abbreviation for Connecticut ==> CT In the words of Tyrus, 'Nuff said!"
Im surprised no one else got the CT thing earlier. Or did they? Hmmm?

Reaction Score
At what point in future recruiting years do recruits begin asking Geno and Chris about their retirement plans?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At what point in future recruiting years do recruits begin asking Geno and Chris about their retirement plans?
You must be loads of fun at cocktail parties.

1627841548531.png

Reaction Score
Honestly a good question and one a recruit I’m sure considers. Not sure there’s a great answer though.

Reaction Score
Honestly a good question and one a recruit I’m sure considers. Not sure there’s a great answer though.
Like most rhetorical questions. There is no answer as we can’t know what a recruit is thinking regarding the coaches or the institution.
At what point do recruits start asking other coaches, “ why are you trying to recruit me by talking negatively about UConn instead of what you you have to offer?”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Like most rhetorical questions. There is no answer as we can’t know what a recruit is thinking regarding the coaches or the institution.
At what point do recruits start asking other coaches, “ why are you trying to recruit me by talking negatively about UConn instead of what you you have to offer?”
My guess
"That is up to you and your fellow teammates . If you play well , I have no reason to go but if your play makes me ill, " ;);)

Reaction Score
My guess
"That is up to you and your fellow teammates . If you play well , I have no reason to go but if your play makes me ill, " ;);)
Lol. Now that’s funny!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am sure other coaches might well bring up that topic. But If I am a recruit or the parent of a recruit I would care FAR more about what Geno himself says about it. And I would [politely] somehow bring it up. My guess is that Geno has a prepared response...with a touch of humor....maybe with an amusing dig at other coaches' concerns about the best program in the game.

I think he turned 67 in March. If he were to coach through the college graduation of the rising junior class in high school , [class of 2023], he would be 73. Good health/getting great kids to play in Storrs? Sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes I agree. To clarify what I mean by “not a great answer” is exactly what you said there is no answer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
IMO, Ciera looks and sounds like a UCONN player.

Smart, well spoken, thoughtful. Hope we she her in STORRS.
Hope we see in Storrs wearing a UConn uniform.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom