2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Why? That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. What am I missing?
Yeah. I don’t get it either. Silence regarding outbound portal is a good thing. None of the transfers from elsewhere that (we think)) Dawn is interested in have committed elsewhere.

Silence is golden ( though perhaps boring.)

Reaction Score
Yeah. I don’t get it either. Silence regarding outbound portal is a good thing. None of the transfers from elsewhere that (we think)) Dawn is interested in have committed elsewhere.

Silence is golden ( though perhaps boring.)

Gamecock Nation should be basking in an awesome draft night right now. Or as the popular Depeche Mode song says "Enjoy the Silence" ;)

Reaction Score
I'm starting to squirm a bit at the silence out of South Carolina portal-wise. I don't like this feeling. At all.
Its still early and your top schools are all gonna be picky. Every week someone unexpected keeps jumping into it

SC also just finished their season and dealt with the draft stuff. I imagine all these coaches will now turn focus to the portal over the next month before taking a break before summer recruiting and camps start

I’m laughing at the LSU board melting that Kim hasn’t landed anyone yet. Heck go check out VolNation

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm starting to squirm a bit at the silence out of South Carolina portal-wise. I don't like this feeling. At all.
Dawn seems to often be pretty stealthy when it comes to transfers. My recollection there wasn’t much chatter about Gray and Davis when their birdie tweets appeared and they all of a sudden became Gamecocks, and more recently we had plenty of speculation where Cardoso was headed out of Syracuse. I don’t recall any of it prognosticating her to SC. Silence might not be an altogether bad thing.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry too much. Just be confident that Dawn Staley will introduce the best, newest Birdie to the nest.

Reaction Score
Dawn seems to often be pretty stealthy when it comes to transfers. My recollection there wasn’t much chatter about Gray and Davis when their birdie tweets appeared and they all of a sudden became Gamecocks, and more recently we had plenty of speculation where Cardoso was headed out of Syracuse. I don’t recall any of it prognosticating her to SC. Silence might not be an altogether bad thing.
And that’s why I think there’s no need for Gamecock fans to be worried.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I like this. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out this season.
Ok, these social media posts are too cryptic for an old fart like myself to understand.
Who is this and my guess is she is announcing she is joining Vanderbilt?

Reaction Score
Interesting choice. I have no issues with Vandy. Hope she does well.
I know she was very highly rated coming out of high school and suffered an achilles injury and missed the '21-22 season after transferring to Duke. So, she's transferring as a grad with two years of eligibility left. Any other tidbits you can share with me? (feel free to lie if you think it will make me feel better).

Reaction Score
Yes, Dawn holds her cards very close to her vest. But she is also extremely clever. Did you notice her giving directions to the camera man filming the South Carolina WNBA draftees on the podium? A keepsake for the draftees? A documentary for the SEC Network? Or will a copy of the video be attached to her correspondence to potential recruits for the next few years? Your guess is as good as mine.

Reaction Score
I know she was very highly rated coming out of high school and suffered an achilles injury and missed the '21-22 season after transferring to Duke. So, she's transferring as a grad with two years of eligibility left. Any other tidbits you can share with me? (feel free to lie if you think it will make me feel better).
She wants to play more minutes and Duke was crowded at the guard positions. She is a great teammate! She is a good/great defender and passer. She isnt a great scorer or free throw shooter. She'll probably be a great addition to your squad!

Reaction Score
She wants to play more minutes and Duke was crowded at the guard positions. She is a great teammate! She is a good/great defender and passer. She isnt a great scorer or free throw shooter. She'll probably be a great addition to your squad!
Thank you much. She actually sounds like a perfect addition for Vandy. Coach Ralph has some shooters, but a pass-first, defensive minded guard sounds right up her alley. Sounds like Jordyn has had some misfortune in her career. Gets stuck behind Moon Ursin for two years at Baylor, then transfers to Duke and tears her achilles before she even gets to play. I look forward to learning about her.

ETA: Her free throw shooting is atrocious...lol. Might be a job for Katie Lou this summer.

Reaction Score
Yes, Dawn holds her cards very close to her vest. But she is also extremely clever. Did you notice her giving directions to the camera man filming the South Carolina WNBA draftees on the podium? A keepsake for the draftees? A documentary for the SEC Network? Or will a copy of the video be attached to her correspondence to potential recruits for the next few years? Your guess is as good as mine.
South Carolina has quite a good sports media and are always in tow producing media such as this chronicling last night.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Excellent teammate, Really good defender, can defend both guard spots. Her range is limited to about 15 feet and in, good finisher at the rim. Looks to distribute rather than to score. Usually makes good decisions with the ball. Not a three point threat, so opponents can sag off of her. A liability late in the game due to her poor FT shooting. I wished she would have stayed at Duke but at least she didn't go to a school I root against.

Seems like she has a thing for private P5 institutions :cool:

Reaction Score
Thanks Triad and Ladeeeeda for your replies. I like Jordyn already.

And, to add something to the thread that I sorta derailed, Demi Washington committed to Temple today. She just graduated from Vandy and has been one of my favorite players since she first arrived four years ago. Great attitude and gets after it. Very good athlete but was always a bit undersized (5'10) for an SEC front court. Not sure if she has any prior connection to Temple. She's a North Carolina gal.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom