2023 LSU Offseason Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 LSU Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know why but this thread is what I imagine the LSU locker room is like, too... just arguing about who knows what best. :eek: Fortunately, Kim has a strong personality herself and seems to be able to keep it under control.

Reaction Score
I don't know why but this thread is what I imagine the LSU locker room is like, too... just arguing about who knows what best. :eek: Fortunately, Kim has a strong personality herself and seems to be able to keep it under control.
Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

Reaction Score
I don’t see Kim controlling the locker room. This is going to end very ugly for lsu. Just watch

Reaction Score
They deserve all the criticism they get and more
This is why TN and SC are going to continue to battle it out for conference title for years to come with LSU on the side

Reaction Score

Worked for LSU last season and for Mulkey in the past so what motivation does she have to change? LSU plays Colorado in Las Vegas and VA Tech at home in non conference. A modest improvement from last year I suppose but Mulkey can’t argue about having no idea how the team will mesh. South Carolina and Texas A&M at home and at Tennessee and at Ole Miss in conference. Doesn’t seem that challenging either. We will see soon enough if LSU’s approach works out again next season.

Reaction Score
Throw out the record books when LSU and East Texas Baptist meet up.
Not gonna lie I would assume East Texas Baptist was a made up school by the name but of all the things to get outraged for, certainly not going to for a exhibition game regardless of who it is.

On a serious note, that looks like a troll from Mulkey with a hype video that out there to that schedule. Colorado and VT are good teams. Virginia, not great but more than serviceable on a OOC schedule. LSU could have went out of their way to schedule rent a wins against much better teams IMO while still letting their bench get lots of playing time.

I just don't see what gets accomplished though playing Queens, Jacksonville, Miss Valley St, Kent St, Texas Southern etc. I'll give LSU Coppin St just to give Reese the chance to play at home, but outside of that... the games are completely over by the end of the 1st quarter basically. There is way too much talent on this LSU team to play teams that horrifically bad. Heck where the hell is Tulane? That is generally a team in the top 100-120 who is at least somewhat serviceable and they aren't on there now.

And the sad part is LSU will have gigantic ticket sales this year, outside of VT, there is nothing note worthy until January when LSU starts conference play. Incredibly boring for a fan and heck probably the players

Reaction Score
Absolute Joke!! UCONN always has the toughest non conference schedule and always get penalized come seedings. Apparently the committee always cares more about records then actual quality of teams u play! The SEC is overrated!! Geno take a page out of Mulkys playbook.. schedule cupcakes u will get rewarded come tournament time!! Once again uconns schedule is brutal!!! UCLA is going to be a tough out in the islands!! They have so much depth .. 6 players 6’4 and 6’7 Betts! We have no one to match up with her in the paint!! Guard play to! I see them losing to UCLA, South Carolina (hard to win at SC) and I really think UNC could knock us off. I predict 3 losses this season!! They will run the table as usual in the Big East!! My edge for the title goes to LSU!! They seem to be healthy and we have so many questions regarding health again.. Caroline may never be healthy again with all her head injuries, Paige coming off major knee injuries, we shouldn’t expect much from Amari .. she’s had 3 years to get it together and still nothing, Patterson wasn’t a factor at all last year, ice hasn’t played a single college game, the freshmen are freshmen, we may have talent but we have serious question marks! Losing Jana was huge… this team can’t handle another brutal schedule .. just my opinion.. I have issues with this team and it’s health. Sometimes sadly you never fully recover from a serious injury!!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
NET from Non-Con foes from 2022-23:
Colorado: 20
Queens (NC): 345
Mississippi Valley State: 359
Kent State: 115
Southeastern Louisiana: 168
Texas Southern: 339
Niagara: 249
Virginia: 53
Virginia Tech: 7
Louisiana Lafayette: 326
McNeese: 309
Northwestern State: 328
Coppin State: 300
Jacksonville: 241

1 Top 10
2 Top 20
3 top 100
2 in the 100-200 range
2 in 200-300
7 with 300+ RPI

Reaction Score
This schedule is atrocious
Canadian Lol GIF

Her excuse last year was that she didn’t know Angel was coming onboard, well what’s the excuse this time?
To some extent her excuse is: "nobody wants to play us." There is some truth to that.

While a lot of high quality teams would play LSU on a neutral court, few want to play them in Baton Rouge. Tiger fans are great in pregame hospitality but their nature changes at gametime. Heavy drinkers in all sports. They encourage the antics that many of us disliked in LSU last year.

I'm praying for a clean game when we visit them this year. Gonna be a lot of egos on the court.

Reaction Score
Morrow has played two years in the Big East. She knows about playing weak schedules.

View attachment 90939
Sorry no. DePaul played a challenging schedule for them. Louisville played a challenging schedule. It’s not like they only played Duke :rolleyes: [sorry couldn’t resist, but you took a shot at the Big East]

And yes, Kim is very smart and reads her players well. I expect Van Lith and Morrow will grumble a bit at the beginning and then Kim will figure out how to satisfy them.

Reaction Score
To some extent her excuse is: "nobody wants to play us." There is some truth to that.

While a lot of high quality teams would play LSU on a neutral court, few want to play them in Baton Rouge. Tiger fans are great in pregame hospitality but their nature changes at gametime. Heavy drinkers in all sports. They encourage the antics that many of us disliked in LSU last year.

I'm praying for a clean game when we visit them this year. Gonna be a lot of egos on the court
I don't feel like you felt very strongly about this statement but I'm not buying that excuse for the schedule. Generally, they set up a home and home anyway so that's not really a reason. UCONN, South Carolina, etc... - somehow they all manage to schedule strong teams and also have very strong home courts. Bottom line is - if Kim wanted to schedule better, she could. She obviously doesn't and that's her prerogative, but she should own that instead of acting like some victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom