2023 LSU Offseason Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 LSU Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TN will be better than LSU next season

So the Tenn fans say. It's too bad that LSU only plays Tenn and SCar once. Tenn and SCar have some OOC games I want to see but not LSU.

Reaction Score
So the Tenn fans say. It's too bad that LSU only plays Tenn and SCar once. Tenn and SCar have some OOC games I want to see but not LSU.
And Tenn plays SCar twice. LSU plays them only once.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I believe Koval is ND bound and I doubt anyone is beating UCONN out for Strong. LSU will have to rely heavily on the portal next offseason as their 24 class prospects are limited IMO.
troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

Reaction Score
I believe Koval is ND bound and I doubt anyone is beating UCONN out for Strong. LSU will have to rely heavily on the portal next offseason as their 24 class prospects are limited IMO.

As a UConn fan, I’m still not as confident with Strong as some other posters. LSU could easily get Strong & Cambridge both.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I’m still not as confident with Strong as some other posters. LSU could easily get Strong & Cambridge both.
I think Strong could go to any number of schools... but when is the last time Kim beat Geno for a recruit he really wanted? Can't ever remember that happening. If Geno wants, Geno gets... only person who may be able to beat Geno for a star studded recruit is Dawn. And Kim is not Dawn... Kim still isn't the recruiter those people are. Kim has struggled to seal the deal with top 5 recruits for years, why would that change now?

I think Cambridge likes LSU a lot and her social media says all that needs to be said about how she views them but I think Ohio St is the team to beat with her sister there. If she weren't at Ohio St I would predict LSU but I think that variable is too powerful for LSU to overcome.

My prediction for LSU: Koval to ND, Strong to UCONN, Joyce to SC, Cambridge to Ohio St.

Kim hits the emergency button and takes in O'Neal out of desperation to go with Richards and that is their 24 class.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I have both going to LSU. Ive been leaning LSU for Cambridge for a while now.

Reaction Score
I think Strong could go to any number of schools... but when is the last time Kim beat Geno for a recruit he really wanted? Can't ever remember that happening. If Geno wants, Geno gets... only person who may be able to beat Geno for a star studded recruit is Dawn. And Kim is not Dawn... Kim still isn't the recruiter those people are. Kim has struggled to seal the deal with top 5 recruits for years, why would that change now?

I think Cambridge likes LSU a lot and her social media says all that needs to be said about how she views them but I think Ohio St is the team to beat with her sister there. If she weren't at Ohio St I would predict LSU but I think that variable is too powerful for LSU to overcome.

My prediction for LSU: Koval to ND, Strong to UCONN, Joyce to SC, Cambridge to Ohio St.

Kim hits the emergency button and takes in O'Neal out of desperation to go with Richards and that is their 24 class.

The only reason I can see Cambridge going to OSU instead is because LSU has Angelica Velez just a year ahead, not because her sister is there. The oldest being at Vandy proves that they’re not necessarily set on playing together.

Re: Kim
The culture at LSU is a lot different than it was at Baylor, especially with NIL being as prominent as it is. LSU is coming off a #1 class in just Kim’s second year there, don’t be shocked if she makes it happen.

Reaction Score

@SECbbfan24 I agree with your Kim analysis with 2024 recruits but I think you are not considering one important resource at LSU that she did not have at Baylor.6fig. NIL Inducement to sign at LSU.

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
It’s not happening let’s stop acting like this is something

Much like Sarah strong who is visiting Oregon, UConn, Louisville and ucla the last month
"Edwards said she will base her college decision on the team’s style of play, the school’s academics and the relationship she builds with the coaches....

...Edwards also was one of 12 boys and girls players picked for the Jr. NBA Court of Leaders program. Earlier this month, she and the other players took a tour of Washington, DC that included a stop at the White House. Each player will be paired with a mentor from the NBA, WNBA and G League for advice and guidance on a variety of topics."

She's been recruited by such schools as Stanford, Yale & Harvard because of her high academics & her desire to make being a student first a priority.
I have no idea what she plans on studying but since she's so smart, she must be open minded enough to also consider her NIL potential.
She said that she wanted to visit LSU before making a decision months ago, so it would appear that she's genuinely considering it & hasn't ruled it out yet.
She didn't mention anything about which teammates that she would rather play with but that might have something to do with her decision too.
Maybe she wants to be a doctor & to earn enough NIL money to pay for medical school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Edwards said she will base her college decision on the team’s style of play, the school’s academics and the relationship she builds with the coaches....

...Edwards also was one of 12 boys and girls players picked for the Jr. NBA Court of Leaders program. Earlier this month, she and the other players took a tour of Washington, DC that included a stop at the White House. Each player will be paired with a mentor from the NBA, WNBA and G League for advice and guidance on a variety of topics."

She's been recruited by such schools as Stanford, Yale & Harvard because of her high academics & her desire to make being a student first a priority.
I have no idea what she plans on studying but since she's so smart, she must be open minded enough to also consider her NIL potential.
She said that she wanted to visit LSU before making a decision months ago, so it would appear that she's genuinely considering it & hasn't ruled it out yet.
She didn't mention anything about which teammates that she would rather play with but that might have something to do with her decision too.
Maybe she wants to be a doctor & to earn enough NIL money to pay for medical school.

She has visited a bunch of schools everywhere including the West Coast on her own dime. Her parents are educators and have pushed her to visit everywhere.

Reaction Score

Wow. To have an artery clogged that much and not experience symptoms is mindboggling. Thank goodness it was found in time for something to be done.

Reaction Score

Wow. To have an artery clogged that much and not experience symptoms is mindboggling. Thank goodness it was found in time for something to be done.

Same deal with me. Last October I went to a Packers game at Lambeau Field and experienced shortness of breath. That was surprising because I thought I was in good shape - walked 4-5 miles most days. Went to doctor when I got back to Louisville and they found a 90%-95% blockage in that same artery - the left anterior descending artery AKA "The Widowmaker." I was stented and feel extremely lucky.

Reaction Score

I've seen all I need to see, team looks like a force. jk. But everyone is who I thought they were. Hailey Van Lith looked pretty automatic taking pull-ups in the mid-range, as did MW. It was cool to see Morrow pop out and hit a couple threes. She's super comfortable there. Angel Reese air-balled atleast 3 shots, but she was still going through each drill with pace.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

This was posted in the Gamecock chat, so posting this in the LSU chat for the tiger fans to enjoy as well. Nice interview from Van Lith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom