2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin… | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin…

Reaction Score

Shortcut

-> This has proven to be a difficult job, and Syracuse has trailed behind its peers in the NIL space, with Babers saying he was unable to keep depth in the program in the age of NIL/transfer portal. Can it turn around? The next coach will have a lot of work to do. It has one 10-win season since 2002. The Orange were once a great program in the 1980s and 1990s, at the forefront of offensive football in many ways. But that’s a long time ago. It has been unable to reclaim the glory. <-

Is this a Northeast thing? If so, maybe....just maybe a think tank might want to try and establish a solid FBS based league in the area? Just a thought... I mean, everybody else does it around the country. So what of its G5....it could potentially be a high level G5 (P4) conference if all goes right....

Reaction Score
Well it’s something and not nothing, if you said he’s good but not great then I would agree. LSU is 8-3 I wouldn’t call that mediocre. So your a bad coach if you lose to Georgia and Bama?
In the SEC? Apparently. Malzahn got fired because he couldn’t beat Bama. Same with Butch Jones at Tennessee

Reaction Score
The SEC is very competitive at the top. The top tier of schools strive to be in the national championship picture.

Since 2000, the SEC has had 14 NC's...with Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Florida being crowned...(and Tennesssee before that in 1998).

But it is Nebraska who has mastered firing 9-3 coaches.

Reaction Score
Let's get that Stalions on our staff. At this point of the rebuild I am 100% behind cheating. Build the super staff of cheating. McDaniels, Stalions, russian olymipic doping...

Reaction Score
Let's get that Stalions on our staff. At this point of the rebuild I am 100% behind cheating. Build the super staff of cheating. McDaniels, Stalions, russian olymipic doping...
Hire Alex Cora as head coach
Jose Altuve as offensive coordinator
Carlos Correa as ST Coordinator
Carlos Beltran as DC
Lester Hayes as secondary coach
Tony Mandarich as offensive line coach
Ben Johnson as strength/conditioning
Tom Brady as a consultant to make sure the helmets are inflated properly
Elizabeth Holmes as team physician
Sam Bankman-Fried to run the social accounts

Reaction Score

-> Syracuse officials have been quickly working through a handful of candidates, but the one name coming up in more areas connected to the search than any other: Bob Chesney. <-

-> While Chesney has been a central figure in the search, sources told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also vetted numerous candidates that included Toledo head coach Jason Candle, Marshall's Charles Huff and Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden, a former head coach at Temple and Miami.

Additionally, sources this week told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also have done significant due diligence on Dan Mullen and that the Orange search committee had been expected to speak with Mullen, the former Florida and Mississippi State head coach.

One source told FootballScoop Syracuse AD John Wildhack has been pleasantly surprised by the depth of candidates that have shown interest in the job adding, "A lot of very experienced coaches are interested and other conversations are ongoing; but at this time it looks like Chesney or Mullen." <-

Reaction Score

-> Syracuse officials have been quickly working through a handful of candidates, but the one name coming up in more areas connected to the search than any other: Bob Chesney. <-

-> While Chesney has been a central figure in the search, sources told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also vetted numerous candidates that included Toledo head coach Jason Candle, Marshall's Charles Huff and Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden, a former head coach at Temple and Miami.

Additionally, sources this week told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also have done significant due diligence on Dan Mullen and that the Orange search committee had been expected to speak with Mullen, the former Florida and Mississippi State head coach.

One source told FootballScoop Syracuse AD John Wildhack has been pleasantly surprised by the depth of candidates that have shown interest in the job adding, "A lot of very experienced coaches are interested and other conversations are ongoing; but at this time it looks like Chesney or Mullen." <-

Cuse can have Mullen, but I don't want Chesney to go there.

Reaction Score
No proven FBS coach is coming to UConn for what Jim Mora is paid, $1.5 million. And, some people on here complain that $1.5 million is too much to pay our football coach.
If we want a good coach we need to pay 3-4 million and close to a mil for coordinators. Without that we aren’t keeping top coaching talent

Reaction Score
If we want a good coach we need to pay 3-4 million and close to a mil for coordinators. Without that we aren’t keeping top coaching talent
Mora is a great coach though and I still am of the thought that he’s the perfect guy for the job

Reaction Score
Liberty paid Freeze $5 million and now Jamey Chadwell $4 million...and Freeze is at Auburn now for $6.5 million.

Reaction Score
I think I would settle for UConn being a mediocre 10-2
It would be a bitter pill to swallow, for sure, but I would find a way to do it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does A&M really have that much money to poach Day from Ohio St?
If OSU wants to keep him, no, they can spend with anyone. There are rumors that Day's seat may be getting a little warm (as amazing as something like that seems to a program like ours).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom