2023 Big East Tournament (Non-UConn Games) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Big East Tournament (Non-UConn Games)

Reaction Score
Congrats to DePaul and Nick Ongenda. He has a moment he will never forget for the rest of his life. Good for him

Reaction Score
Wild ending.

Not Big East, and not sure if this came up elsewhere. Saw the last quarter last night of FDU vs. Merrimack at Merrimack yesterday. Tie game with a few seconds left, FDU misses a shot, Merrimack rebounds with 1 second left and an FDU kid gets called over the back on a non rebounder about 5 feet from the rebound. And it was hardly over the back and had zero effect on the play. Merrimack wins at the foul line. Horrible call.
That's the old 2011 Pitt NCAA special.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Is a block legal after the buzzer? Crazy!
It would seem so.

The ball is on the way, and as long as it leaves the shooters's hand before the buzzer it is "in play".

Therefore, so, too, would a block in play, or a goal tend, even if the block or goal tend occur after the buzzer.

Reaction Score
Wild ending.

Not Big East, and not sure if this came up elsewhere. Saw the last quarter last night of FDU vs. Merrimack at Merrimack yesterday. Tie game with a few seconds left, FDU misses a shot, Merrimack rebounds with 1 second left and an FDU kid gets called over the back on a non rebounder about 5 feet from the rebound. And it was hardly over the back and had zero effect on the play. Merrimack wins at the foul line. Horrible call.
But FDU still gets the NCAA bid since Merrimack is still on their 4 year transition from D2 to D1.

Reaction Score
Watching the Georgetown game and don't see Akok playing; I haven't followed the Hoyas much this year but I had though he had a starting role at the beginning of the year. Any idea what happened, and if he has an extra year after this?

Reaction Score
It would seem so.

The ball is on the way, and as long as it leaves the shooters's hand before the buzzer it is "in play".

Therefore, so, too, would a block in play, or a goal tend, even if the block or goal tend occur after the buzzer.
Agreed - just never really had to think about it before.

Fun ending fitting of March.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Looking like they are on a glidepath to
lose by 50

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But FDU still gets the NCAA bid since Merrimack is still on their 4 year transition from D2 to D1.
Fine. . It doesn’t change as bad a call as there can be.

Reaction Score
Watching the Georgetown game and don't see Akok playing; I haven't followed the Hoyas much this year but I had though he had a starting role at the beginning of the year. Any idea what happened, and if he has an extra year after this?
He’s kind of matchup dependent. Can’t really camp him out in the post on defense against Nova and his defense is a pretty big liability if you’re asking him to chase guys out on the perimeter.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What happened did a providence fan throw you in a urinal and then try to bury the hatchet? It’s only Wednesday! Landing gear?
I’d need a lot of the Providence pixy dust to last me another 18-20 hours.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Georgetown players seem to have zero confidence in their 3 point shooting. Passing up every 3point opportunity for a 2 pointer.

By my observation, they should have less confidence in their 2 point shots.

Their defensive rebounding seems pretty solid, though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Providence would’ve lost to university of Hartford Saturday. They were that bad

Providence sucks. They get by on smoke and mirrors, and home court refs rewarding the flopping and flailing. The BET is not in Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom