2023-2024 Minutes distribution | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023-2024 Minutes distribution

Reaction Score
So I personally would like to see Geno have enough confidence to be able to use a big rotation against even the top teams, with players like Jana, Ayanna, KK and Ashlynn forcing Geno to include them for the big games because they earned it, and give him the option to pick up the pace and press more.

I think another comparison could be the last championship team in 2016. They went 10 deep on a regular basis. the bench included twi future WNBA stars in Pheesa and Gabby, a player who lasted a year in the league with Saniya, and one who was good enough to be drafted in Natalie. Even Courtney (#10) in that rotation after she transferred wound up being a starter in a Power 5 conference. We could have near that kind of talent on the bench, and better on the deep bench with Amari, Q and Ines vs. two walk-ons.
Nobody came close ot the 15-16 team. Yet MoJeff averaged 30.9 minutes, Stewart 29.1 and Nurse 28.3. In one of their closest games they beat South Carolina. It was 7 players. Steiwie and MoJeff played 40 and Nurse played 39.

You play these stars because what they can do over 40 minutes i sort of unstoppable. Granted this year it could be different due to injury istory of Paige and Azzi. But ideally, would love it if they were 100% healhty and had normal enduarnce prior to their injuries,. If they are, then there is no way an opposing bench is going to wear them down. The bench player playing over 10 minutes more like 15 will get completely lit up by a healthy Paige and Azzi.

Reaction Score
Then with a roster of 14 there is a third group that probably will see some minutes in most games, but be mostly mop up minutes at the tail end of decisive victories. I have Amari, Q, and Ines in that group. Nothing against any of them, but I don't see any bigs I think Amari is likely to move ahead of, the same for Q with the wings, and Ines with the guards. It is a numbers game and the competition is stiff. Amari probably has the best chance to move to the second group but it is hard to expect much based on what she has done in her first two years.
Nice analysis, @oldhuskie. I might disagree with you about Inês. She showed some spark last year, thrown into games in a sort of trial by fire, especially the Princeton and MD games. I suspect she will find something to build on in that experience and may have a head start on KK and Ashlynn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom