2022 UConn Football Commit - Reggie Jean (Winter Garden, Florida) Decommitted 10/7/21 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Reggie Jean (Winter Garden, Florida) Decommitted 10/7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see @Dooooooomed got it up first in the 2022 Recruiting thread.

Reggie Jean is a 6-4 280lb DL attending Foundation Academy in Winter Garden Florida. Other offers from Air Force, Buffalo, CMU, Liberty, MTSU, Navy, New Hampshire, UVA and VaTech.

Reggie comes from the same program as recent commit Donovan Branch.

-> Once on the Storrs, Conn., campus, Jean fell in love with the school and eventually followed fellow defensive lineman Donovan Branch by committing to the UConn program.“On the visit I’ve just been overwhelmed from that start because it really felt like home to me,” Jean said. “Donovan committing, that’s a huge plus, too, because I’ve known him since sixth grade.”

UConn head coach Randy Edsall made a huge impression on both Branch and Jean, and that ultimately led to swaying the two players’ decisions. “I just got done talking to coach Edsall. He was pumped up,” Jean said. “I’m just glad [recruiting] is over and now I can finish up me senior year.

“It’s been kinda tough, as far as talking to all the colleges ... it was so much pressure on me and so now I’m done with it and I’m really glad it’s over.” <-

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sounds like another great kid.

Doesn't seem like he needs a senior season. Already has the size of a typical college junior. Some of the kids on the highlights seem to buckle in fear.

Pretty high ceiling with this one after some next level coaching and conditioning.

Reaction Score
Nice to see commitscoming out of different outlets than what we're accustomed to. This one definitely confirms this. We've definitely stepped our game up. Great to see.

Welcome to the family Reggie (Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!) Jean

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Once on the Storrs, Conn., campus, Jean fell in love with the school and eventually followed fellow defensive lineman Donovan Branch by committing to the UConn program.“On the visit I’ve just been overwhelmed from that start because it really felt like home to me,” Jean said.
This seems to be repeated over and over with these past recruits. It really seems that we are knocking it out of the park with this visits. Being in the Northeast is not always a location advantage so being able to get these Florida and Texas kids to feel at home in New England is awesome. Kudos to this staff and the job they are doing.

Welcome to UConn Reggie!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This seems to be repeated over and over with these past recruits. It really seems that we are knocking it out of the park with this visits. Being in the Northeast is not always a location advantage so being able to get these Florida and Texas kids to feel at home in New England is awesome. Kudos to this staff and the job they are doing.

Welcome to UConn Reggie!!
I was just down in south Florida a few weeks ago looking at some colleges with my kid. South Florida, while not New York, is insanely packed with humans and little to no public transportation. There are cars and people everywhere. My daughter was entirely turned off by Miami-Dade area and she loves the sun and beaches. Even as we drove north through Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach and inland towards Orlando, she was a serious no thanks.

We've seen it in basketball with NYC recruits talking about the calm and peace of a rural campus.

Reaction Score
I was just down in south Florida a few weeks ago looking at some colleges with my kid. South Florida, while not New York, is insanely packed with humans and little to no public transportation. There are cars and people everywhere. My daughter was entirely turned off by Miami-Dade area and she loves the sun and beaches. Even as we drove north through Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach and inland towards Orlando, she was a serious no thanks.

We've seen it in basketball with NYC recruits talking about the calm and peace of a rural campus.
I agree with you but you have to realize that the recruits are coming up in the summer and it is 80 in Storrs. Some of these recruits have never even seen snow! Years ago we were playing a florida team in the rent and it was snowing. The Florida players were sticking out their tongues and I could not figure out why until it hit me that they were trying to catch snow flakes and it must have been the first time they saw snow!

Reaction Score
We're crushing it on the recruiting trail in areas that make sense for us. We also have the ability to schedule in a way that keeps things interesting and occasionally brings players back home to be seen by family and other potential recruits. Obviously the campus and facilities are making a good impression on these young men, and they keep expressing similar impressions of their experience.

Glad to have Reggie and his teammate pushing each other to their goals on and off the field.

Reaction Score

Calm & peace equates to better focus...
Sounds good to me... One can always take a quick vacation to a place thats all about beaches & sunshine

Reaction Score
1624714626530.gif

Reaction Score

Did you visit FGCU? Kids seems to love it. Much more suburban than the east coast. I like the northern areas of Florida, other than FSU and UNF, not sure what the options are. I’d encourage any kid that wants to got to UF or FSU and didn’t get in to take the sister community college route to admission. In the case of UF, kids that go to Sante Fe CC even get to participate in UF intramurals, clubs and Greek life. Not sure if FSU does that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom