Men - 2022 UConn Fall Baseball/Alumni Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Fall Baseball/Alumni Game

Reaction Score
Specifically wondering on how Ryan Daniels or any of the other newcomers look. Thx for the updates

Reaction Score
Specifically wondering on how Ryan Daniels or any of the other newcomers look. Thx for the updates

I have been to one intersquad scrimmage, the Alumni game, and the exhibition against Rhode Island today. There have been a number of other intersquad scrimmages.

Funny thing, Andrew Sears has been a starting pitcher in each of those three games. It may be because all of those games were on weekends, and he is on that timetable. Sears went 2 innings the first two games, and 3 innings today. I think he has done pretty well. It appears he is getting a good look at a starting pitcher spot, but we’ll see what happens as fall ball continues. It seems that Stephen Quigley is on the same sort of time schedule, as he has pitched on all three of those days as well.

Certainly looks like Dominic Freeberger is going to play regularly somewhere. He has seen a goodly amount of time at 3B, but he has also pitched in relief and played the outfield as well. Guessing that Ryan Daniels is his main competition at 3B. Luke Broadhurst has seen time in the infield as well as D.H. Maddix Dalena and his bat definitely look interesting. I would not be surprised if he is in the mix to get some time at the D.H. spot.

As for the outfield, I understand that TC Simmons has had some injuries this fall, so he hasn’t had a whole lot of playing time. I have not seen him play in the three games that I have seen. Niko Brini and Jake Studley have been seeing a bunch of time in the outfield.

Reaction Score
Freshman RHP John McGowan is no longer listed on the online UConn baseball fall ball roster.

Reaction Score

-> Connecticut

• The Huskies really like what they’ve seen from their transfers so far this fall, particularly lefthanded pitcher Andrew Sears and righthanded pitcher Stephen Quigley. Sears has been up to 93-94 mph with his fastball, while Quigley has been up to 93. Dom Freeberger is a graduate transfer who will be a Swiss-army knife for the Huskies. He can legitimately play every position on the field, and he’s up to 94 mph on the mound. Another Wheaton transfer, outfielder Jake Studley has impressed with his pop at the plate. As for first-year players, freshman Ryan Daniels is making a strong first impression. Daniels has some serious power from the left side of the plate and should make an immediate impact, particularly from a power standpoint.

• In terms of returning players, David Smith and Korey Morton brought the speed to the diamond for UConn’s annual Scout Day. Smith ran a 6.4 60-yard-dash while Morton ran a 6.29. As for returning pitchers, sophomore righthanded pitcher Brady Afthim and fellow righty Jake Sullivan have both been up to 93 this fall.

— Kendall Rogers <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom