Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Continue to be extremely proud of this team. They could have easily folded up the tent yesterday when the lead evaporated. Instead they marched forward and found a way to win the game. Congrats guys! Let’s get after it again tonight!

Reaction Score
Continue to be extremely proud of this team. They could have easily folded up the tent yesterday when the lead evaporated. Instead they marched forward and found a way to win the game. Congrats guys! Let’s get after it again tonight!

UConn baseball under Coach Penders has a history of rarely giving up. They seem to often have a good comeback in them when things aren't going right for them in a game. They don't always make it all the way back, but they will at least often make things interesting and make a lot of noise in doing so.

Reaction Score
This game should be on linear TV but regardless I'll set up on the app, delay and all. On the other hand ESPNU crapped out yesterday so maybe that's the way to go anyway. would like to win this one and not face Wake right away. Attrition is big in these setups.

Reaction Score
Dumb question, tonight's game is listed as ESPN+. I know these games used to be on ESPN3 so could watch on the app for free. Is that still the case or do you need the ESPN+ subscription?

Reaction Score
Dumb question, tonight's game is listed as ESPN+. I know these games used to be on ESPN3 so could watch on the app for free. Is that still the case or do you need the ESPN+ subscription?
I believe you need an ESPN+ subscription. Think it's like $5 a month or something like that.

I have a question. Yesterday they kept saying Bush got robbed of a Home Run. I thought you had to hit it over their wall in center to be a homer? Which is it?

On a side note, Tommy White, one of the best Freshmen has entered the portal. Boy have times changed in College sports. Totally surprising, I would think the NC State coach would be a great guy to play for. The transfer portal has gotten out of control and has really changed the landscape of college sports.

Reaction Score
I believe you need an ESPN+ subscription. Think it's like $5 a month or something like that.

I have a question. Yesterday they kept saying Bush got robbed of a Home Run. I thought you had to hit it over their wall in center to be a homer? Which is it?

On a side note, Tommy White, one of the best Freshmen has entered the portal. Boy have times changed in College sports. Totally surprising, I would think the NC State coach would be a great guy to play for. The transfer portal has gotten out of control and has really changed the landscape of college sports.
It looked to me as if a home run just has to be above the line on the "batters eye". Their Centerfield caught Bush's potential home run that was above that line.

Reaction Score
It looked to me as if a home run just has to be above the line on the "batters eye". Their Centerfield caught Bush's potential home run that was above that line.
I would think it would have to be over the batter’s eye in CF if you follow the yellow line from the RCF fence:

1654364986990.png

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Here's hoping there are weather events at other regionals and our game gets moved to one of the regular ESPN Networks (rather than ESPN+). But I'm prepared to pony up $6.99 if it isn't.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think it was going to be an HR either way. But it was still a great catch. Stock’s triple hit the batters eye before clunking the centerfielder in the head and was not an HR so pretty sure it had to go over the yellow line to be an HR.

Not related, but I also do not think Dana’s HR hit the foul pole as many have said. I think it hit off the building in left field.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think it was going to be an HR either way. But it was still a great catch. Stock’s triple hit the batters eye before clunking the centerfielder in the head and was not an HR so pretty sure it had to go over the yellow line to be an HR.

Not related, but I also do not think Dana’s HR hit the foul pole as many have said. I think it hit off the building in left field.
Good point on the CF catch off Bush. I agree on Dana’s HR. It sounded like it hit the building.

Reaction Score
It appears that Stock is the DH today as Morton will head out to left field.

Stock has been playing on a sore leg, not sure about the exact injury. It has been mentioned in these threads recently and by Chris Jones during the game broadcast. Considering UConn will play as few as 2 more games and possibly as many as 4 games in the next few days, it definitely would seem that this move makes sense in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom