2022 Spring Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Spring Game?

Reaction Score
Mora didn't say on campus. He said they would not do the rent because of weather concerns, so they might do it somewhere else. He said they want a lot of people. I am not sure there is a place on campus, inside that can hold a football game and a lot of people. He mentioned indoor practices could only hold a few people watching, so it might be somewhere else.
38:25 +/- mark he talks about the Spring Practice Schedule, Open Practices and a Friday Night Lights Blue/White game "most likely on campus" but specifics still be determined.

Reaction Score
38:25 +/- mark he talks about the Spring Schedule and a Friday Night Blue/White game.

My bad, I missed the probably on campus part. Heard the weather would be a factor for the rent and alternate location, so assumed indoors, but guess that is not the case.

Reaction Score
Cool lets have the sping game at a field the team won't play or practice on. And also have terrible parking situation because Storrs campus parking has done nothing but get worse since I graduated. Keep it at the rent. Since everyone is so hellbent on tradition, then keep the gd tradition of holdiing the spring game at the stadium where they play games.

The Rent would be better. But I like the idea of an open house for fans and making the game more available for students.

Either way I applaud bringing it back.

Reaction Score
It should have been how we knew Edsall had given up. No spring game. It's just easier to not do it.

Could be - or it could have been that with COVID protocols it was a super PIA to even try. Who cares - he is gone!!

Reaction Score
I like the idea of having it on campus. The hard cores will go anyway and they should do a lot of promotions to get the students to turn out and build momentum for the fall.
I'll go just because I haven't been to Storrs campus since I graduated in 2011. I really liked what they used to do for the spring came at The Rent. I figured with AD David Benedict and Mora in charge it would be a little more extravagant

Reaction Score
Coach also said that he wants the Spring game in a facility that would accommodate any fans that wish to attend. On Campus, that would have to be Morrone Stadium. He left the door open to having it off campus.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So I am guessing the soccer field or practice field for football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bad energy to have the game in a mostly empty Rentschler field. I suspect that may be what’s motivating the change. The soccer field would be a good choice, convenient in the right size for this event at this time.

Reaction Score
So I am guessing the soccer field or practice field for football.
With Mora confirming on campus ( he mentioned weather uncertainty), it makes sense considering the low turnouts ( with attendance around 2,000.) at the Rent during this nosedive of the last 3 HC's .(UConn FB to Stop Playing Spring Game in 2019) So it's not like they need to deal with the costs of opening the Rent. ( besides the huge empty look CL82 just mentioned)

If Morrone isn't doable it seems like the only other 2 options have no seating. The 2 grass practice fields they've had a bunch of open practices at or the new outdoor turf field with the berm, shown at the end of this video.

Reaction Score
With Mora confirming on campus ( he mentioned weather uncertainty), it makes sense considering the low turnouts ( with attendance around 2,000.) at the Rent during this nosedive of the last 3 HC's .(UConn FB to Stop Playing Spring Game in 2019) So it's not like they need to deal with the costs of opening the Rent. ( besides the huge empty look CL82 just mentioned)

If Morrone isn't doable it seems like the only other 2 options have no seating. The 2 grass practice fields they've had a bunch of open practices at or the new outdoor turf field with the berm, shown at the end of this video.

Yeah, I think Marrone is a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
Can’t emphasize enough how much of a breath of fresh air Mora has been for the program. For fans looking for any way to support the team, something small like bringing back the Spring game and having it on campus is such a huge win. Still baffled that Edsall was too stubborn to ever realize that.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Last piece will be to get CBSSN to televise/stream the game or allow for SNY to do it for those fans that are out of market.

Guess they could stream via UConnHuskies.com as well but seems like the least preferable of the three options

Reaction Score

Go to the 2:11 mark of the video embedded in the story where Mora discusses the Spring game @ Morrone.

Good find and nice that he actually confirmed the soccer stadium in the private interview. That was my suspicion when I posted the new Morrone Pic- (Post #19) in the other thread. It'll also be nice to christened the new facility to Husky FB fans. Also interesting as someone mentioned with the Friday night lights narrative, Uconn baseball is supposed to take on Nova next door at Elliot at 6:05, the same night ( April 22nd), so they may end up staggering the times, so fans can do both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom