Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
E5BA4A5F-6E87-4EC7-AD22-F587F7391B1F.jpeg
Looks like someone may agree

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why isn't buying season tickets enough? Why do so many people need a pat on the head and a cookie?

Reaction Score
Why isn't buying season tickets enough? Why do so many people need a pat on the head and a cookie?
It’s not a “Pat on the head and a cookie” situation, it’s an incentive to buy season tickets. I don’t buy my season tickets for things like this, but if you offer these “exclusive events” to only season ticket holders you may get more people to purchase which is the real intent of these types of perks.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Dude is in a Nebraska hat and wants us on a soccer field.
Odd, but a blue - white at the Rent is overkill this day and age. On campus on a tiny Communist Kickball “pitch” seems about right.

Reaction Score
I love the idea, but in looking at the dimensions of the soccer stadium I am not sure they can pull it off. There is no room behind the end zones and not much on the sidelines. This may present some injury risk. Otherwise, I like your thinking.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
In the past few years, season ticket holders got tours of the facilities, locker room, etc. I have been there at least 5 times now. Not much more I can see.

One year at the spring game, they had discounted clothing that was being replaced due to a logo change. Bought a UConn jacket for $15. That would be a fun thing at the Rent again.

Bottom line, I want to evaluate the players again during a spring game. Get the grill out and tailgate.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s not a “Pat on the head and a cookie” situation, it’s an incentive to buy season tickets. I don’t buy my season tickets for things like this, but if you offer these “exclusive events” to only season ticket holders you may get more people to purchase which is the real intent of these types of perks.
OK, fine. But the spring game on the soccer field?

Reaction Score
I personally like the idea of getting spring practice over with a month earlier (not April) so players have an extra month to heal should any injuries occur.....and there are always a few injuries. To me that is far more important than a spring game which these days is nothing more than an open practice.

Reaction Score
Cool lets have the sping game at a field the team won't play or practice on. And also have terrible parking situation because Storrs campus parking has done nothing but get worse since I graduated. Keep it at the rent. Since everyone is so hellbent on tradition, then keep the gd tradition of holdiing the spring game at the stadium where they play games.

Reaction Score
Cool lets have the sping game at a field the team won't play or practice on. And also have terrible parking situation because Storrs campus parking has done nothing but get worse since I graduated. Keep it at the rent. Since everyone is so hellbent on tradition, then keep the gd tradition of holdiing the spring game at the stadium where they play games.
I actually like on campus on a smaller field. Save a ton on logistics, and add some juice with students and a compact crowd. Much better option than a few hundred people in a 40k stadium…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've lost track of the 1st day of fishing season since they stopped playing the Spring game.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of having it on campus. The hard cores will go anyway and they should do a lot of promotions to get the students to turn out and build momentum for the fall.
Mora didn't say on campus. He said they would not do the rent because of weather concerns, so they might do it somewhere else. He said they want a lot of people. I am not sure there is a place on campus, inside that can hold a football game and a lot of people. He mentioned indoor practices could only hold a few people watching, so it might be somewhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom