2022 Spring Game? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Spring Game?

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree.

People whine because that's what people do at the slightest inconvenience. If it wasn't that 30,000 others figured out someone's super-secret backdoor entrance onto the premises, it'd be something else.

I lived in Manchester back then and went Silver Lane numerous times, but 384->84 to exit 58 was generally quicker (especially if you were parking in the grassy area opposite the southmost corner, which was general $12/game parking at that point), if not for only that it wasn't a single lane or crossing over oncoming lanes.

People whining about traffic leaving the game are almost always those looking to beat the traffic and failing. In both instances, a case can be made that the gripes were largely the result of poor planning. The game might be 3 1/2 hours long, but football Saturday is basically an all day event. Plan accordingly.
We have no issue with traffic. We get there three-ish hours before kickoff. We fire up the grill again post-game and leave an hour after the final whistle when they are closing the lots.

Reaction Score
We have no issue with traffic. We get there three-ish hours before kickoff. We fire up the grill again post-game and leave an hour after the final whistle when they are closing the lots.
Sorry but many fans aren’t going to do that. A new stadium is not going to be built on campus.

Reaction Score
Traffic on 32/44/195 is not the issue if the football team were to play on campus. That is why tailgating exists. The issue as I see it would be parking and proximity to the stadium. I used to meet my folks in D-Lot when they came up for Parent's Weekend, but that was before D-1a and the team played at Memorial.

Basketball games have the "benefit" of being played in the coldest months of the year, when there is very little tailgating in the traditional sense and commuters are more than able to utilize the parking garages. Anecdotally, I arrived on campus 2 1/2 hours before tip off for Georgetown, found a spot near the exit of the North garage, and walked into a nearly empty Ted's for a couple, a few with my friends, who were already there. There was no problem getting in or out.

2 1/2 hours prior to football kickoff is considered late.
Parking can be easily done with a large garage and a lot surrounding the stadium.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Parking can be easily done with a large garage and a lot surrounding the stadium.
Garages are fine for basketball. That sort of setting is not conducive for open flame tailgating, which was considered in my original quoted premise.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1647360315390.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sorry but many fans aren’t going to do that. A new stadium is not going to be built on campus.
Right. They'd rather complain about the 7,000 other cars that in their way when they just happened to want to leave.

Both (a new stadium and traffic) are non-issues when 12,000 fans are in the stands. You can leave at any point after the 2nd quarter, battling little traffic. Coleman grills and pop-up tents are the bigger obstacle prior to halftime.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So whats the deal here? Seen almost ZERO info about this. Is it open to fans? First come first serve?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s not a “Pat on the head and a cookie” situation, it’s an incentive to buy season tickets. I don’t buy my season tickets for things like this, but if you offer these “exclusive events” to only season ticket holders you may get more people to purchase which is the real intent of these types of perks.
I would say differently. It’s more and acknowledgment of the university’s appreciation for the season ticket holders. They are the life’s blood. of the program

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom