2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Just watched for the first time the other day. Then again later that night with housemates because it was so good. JK Simmons is phenomenal.

Even if you're not into music, it's a must watch.
Tremendous movie. If you like JK Simmons I recommend Counterpart on Amazon Prime Video. Very compelling spy/thriller series

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Pray I Hope GIF

@Dove after Starling goes elsewhere

sweet-berry-wine.gif

Reaction Score
at 6'6 whitehead can play either wing position just fine so he doesnt take duke out of the JJ running

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I wish I never watched Oz, because it has ruined me from ever seeing him as anything else as a gay prison Nazi, and I realize hes done so much good work since then , but nope. I mean I remember watching something as innocuous as him being the house dad in "Juno" even, and the whole movie I was expecting another rape scene of Tobias Beecher.

Reaction Score
at 6'6 whitehead can play either wing position just fine so he doesnt take duke out of the JJ running

It's just another guy he'll need to compete with for minutes. The Duke brand has to still be an appeal though. If it was any other school, I'd probably cross them off.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I wish I never watched Oz, because it has ruined me from ever seeing him as anything else as a gay prison Nazi, and I realize hes done so much good work since then , but nope. I mean I remember watching something as innocuous as him being the house dad in "Juno" even, and the whole movie I was expecting another rape scene of Tobias Beecher.
Verne Schillinger might be the scariest person ever on any TV show.

Reaction Score
Wow! That's unfortunate cause Whiplash is an amazing movie. I have not watched Oz. I probably will not now. Do not want to be traumatized. You must skip his commercials when they come on. Lol!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

At the same time he was playing Schillinger on Oz he was also a regular on Law & Order, where he played (mostly) mild-mannered, turtleneck-under-a-blazer-wearing psychiatrist Dr. Emil Skoda.

I stopped watching Oz when they gouged that guy's eyes out. Sometimes a show tells you that you can stop watching it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's just another guy he'll need to compete with for minutes. The Duke brand has to still be an appeal though. If it was any other school, I'd probably cross them off.
yeah idk who might still be on their roster come '22 i'm just looking at that recruiting class and seeing how they could both fit. but if duke lands another wing in mark mitchell (level 7 crystal) then JJ should definitley be out of the running.

Reaction Score
I just KNEW Dr. Oz was a gay prison Nazi!

• Haha
Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Haven't seen tape of JJ before but it looks like he could play CG/SG alongside of Sool at PG when needed. Good to know.. After the Cole/Gaff era of course.

Reaction Score
Tremendous movie. If you like JK Simmons I recommend Counterpart on Amazon Prime Video. Very compelling spy/thriller series
Great and underrated actor. His best work might’ve been the old HBO series, OZ. Well worth a 2nd and 3rd watch.

* just saw the other posts about this. Schillinger was a Hannibal Lecter level character. You can’t unwatch him . Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know occasionally we bring a guy in later on (Akok comes to mind). But, ideally Hurley likes to have recruiting wrapped up by September at the latest. After that, it’s focus on the upcoming season. After the season, based on need and attrition, he might upgrade the roster for next season 2022/2023 but mostly the focus will be on 2023/2024.

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
JT Simmons had a guest spot on a comedy series I thought was very funny called Party Down. Simmons is hilarious in the episode. I think his curse word/ non curse word ratio was 3:1

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
JT Simmons had a guest spot on a comedy series I thought was very funny called Party Down. Simmons is hilarious in the episode. I think his curse word/ non curse word ratio was 3:1

Party Down A+++++++

Amazing cast, superb guest stars, as you mentioned.

“Are we having fun yet?”

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah Party Down was a great show. I remember being really annoyed when I found out that crappy show from NBC had poached Adam Scott. Fortunately, that crappy show founds its voice and ended up being pretty funny too.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It was a great cast. Some of my my favorite comic actors. Ken Marino was so funny on that show and Jane Lynch never fails to crack me up. Martin Starr plays the same character type in party Down and Silicon Valley but he killed it on both shows.

Reaction Score
Can we get back to JJ….
If there is news on JJ then let's hear it. If not Party Down! Just kidding before I get bombarded. Would be great if there is some news with JJ. Anything!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom