2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Reaction Score
"Syracuse Basketball: More ACC suitors enter fray for 4-star J.J. Starling" Syracuse Basketball: More ACC suitors enter fray for 4-star J.J. Starling
“In recent months, there have been quite a few comments in Syracuse basketball chat rooms that speak to Starling having interest in North Carolina.”

I get it’s fansided, but referencing chat rooms now?

“On the UConn basketball forum though, there have been lots of emojis being used. Implications unclear.”

Reaction Score
Combo guard Quadir Copeland looks to be committing to Syracuse today.

Essentially eliminating them from the JJ sweepstakes.
they're probably getting Westry too. I don't know how many scholarships they have but that would already put them at 4 players in the class.

Gotta tip my cap to Boeheim that would be a really good class especially after losing Dior

Reaction Score
they're probably getting Westry too. I don't know how many scholarships they have but that would already put them at 4 players in the class.

Gotta tip my cap to Boeheim that would be a really good class especially after losing Dior
Well Boeheim didn’t want Dior Johnson either. Who would want a top-10 player anyways?

On a serious note, they have been recruiting well lately and seem to be putting together a solid class

Reaction Score

Agreed on the surprisingly strong Syracuse class. Boehiem is getting the 6'5"-6'8" players that make his zone such a nuisance. The question is will he retire after coaching his two kids next year. I am guessing he sticks around to try to ride the wave of this recruiting class along with Benny Williams from the 2021 class.

Reaction Score
Positionally, Lands, Copeland, Taylor & Westry seem redundant no?

Reaction Score
Positionally, Lands, Copeland, Taylor & Westry seem redundant no?
Not really. Westry is a 1, Copeland a combo guard, Taylor a swing, and Lands is probably a 3/4 in college.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The question is will it be waaay too competitive for minutes already that none of them can see the court

Reaction Score

You sure have to give Boeheim credit for his formula. Long guys who defend well in the zone and do well in the tournament against teams unaccustomed to playing a zone.

But, I always wonder if these kids and their handlers do any research about how previous recruits have fared in their college careers, how they've developed or failed to develop in college and their level of success professionally.

Of course, they can always look forward to splitting $1 million 12 ways and get on ESPN for a few games in the summer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Considering how often the 2-3 is used now in the NBA, you could argue he was ahead of his time.

Reaction Score
Ugh bummer :mad:
Agreed, is there a 23 reclass shooter is hurley targeting to fill the slot? Or as many have predicted this could be a slot for hurley to dip into the transfer pool?

Reaction Score
think we're done until the spring then a reclass or transfer

Reaction Score
Tough go of it with this kid. :mad:
The dream was fun while it lasted but I never got a great feeling about his interest in us. I'm just surprised we haven't been linked with other CG's after losing out on Epps, Anglin, and probably Starling. It's obviously a position we're looking to fill.

Reaction Score
I got this for you, NEXT!
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Yup, I should have known better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member