2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Reaction Score
I think the only person who said that was me, but unless he was really injured at Peach Jam or something, he doesn't look like the kind of player we'll seriously recruit. I kind of doubt we show much interest going forward.
i take it you think his top 50 ranking is undeserved and will be short lived?

Reaction Score
i take it you think his top 50 ranking is undeserved and will be short lived?

If I remember correctly, he got ranked after reclassifying arond 30-50 from a couple places. Kids often don't move much after they get ranked. See: Karaban and Floyd. They outplay their ranking, but the evaluators don't like to move guys much.

There's also a chance he was just injured or sick. He is 6'4 and can't shoot the rock worth a lick, is skinny, and looked timid... I just can't imagine we were prioritizing that type of player even in 2022.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think top 40-50 kids are scared off by what’s on the roster As much as people here let on.

Could it be a differentiator at end if two schools are close? Yes.

Hope we stay hot And reel him in!
Well, look at Kentucky and the Squid, Does it all the time with the top players. Why not UConn? I KNOW $$$$

Reaction Score
Before the Covid blow up, Danny had his mind made up to chase shooters. I don’t see that changing and they are going to be one bullet proof staff once they come out of Delta quarantine. Watch out!

Reaction Score
Yup. Tough sell, but I like our chances. :)
but i havent miles teller GIF

Reaction Score
There's also a chance he was just injured or sick. He is 6'4 and can't shoot the rock worth a lick, is skinny, and looked timid... I just can't imagine we were prioritizing that type of player even in 2022.

I do see that in Lemond. Plus he has the "dip"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, he got ranked after reclassifying arond 30-50 from a couple places. Kids often don't move much after they get ranked. See: Karaban and Floyd. They outplay their ranking, but the evaluators don't like to move guys much.

Playing devils advocate, he'll probably be at least 6'5 in college, great size for a ball handler, decent athlete, not the worst place to start from a potential standpoint.

But guards who can't shoot generally don't succeed anymore.

Reaction Score
Lemond looks like a decent shooter in clips, form is solid. He seems like he might not be explosive enough for us if anything. I like his vision and he has quick hands.

Starling looks great. Yes please.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I like his game & his jumper, he would make a very nice piece on the drive to five

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom