2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Reaction Score
Waiting GIF

C'mon @Matrim55

Reaction Score
He gave us a smiley face like 12 hours ago. You people are never satisfied....
If you really wanna go there, he gave the smiley face the day after Donovan committed, which has been like 3 weeks, so we're due for another! /s

Reaction Score
Seems like a shoot-first guard. So if he commits to us, for '22-'23 if you've a roster like:

Diggins, Floyd, Starling, Gaffney

Jackson, Hawkins, Karaban

Sanogo, Johnson, Akok, Springs

Clingan

Seems pretty versatile and dynamic!!

Reaction Score
I think Starling is anyone's game. Tom wouldn't have wasted his time going to every game at Peach Jam, and Hurley wouldn't have showed up to 2/5 of his games, if we didn't have a shot.

Now that Whitehead has committed to Duke, I imagine Starling is out of the picture for them. From what I've seen, Stanford, Cuse, and Maryland are the other ones in the thick of it right now. I think we stand as good of a chance as anyone.

The one thing going against us is that we'll probably have Diggins, Gaffney, Hawkins, Floyd on the roster at that point. Maybe even Cole... That's a pretty tough sell for PT. Diggins is a 1, and Hawkins/Floyd can probably play some 3... but we don't have a lot of room at the 2 right now.

Reaction Score
I know it doesn’t mean much, but I noticed the UConnMBB ig account doesn’t follow JJ at the moment. I do find that a little interesting as they usually follow our top recruiting targets along with commits, active players, alumni, etc.

Again, probably means nothing. Moore and Hurley clearly are pursuing this kid so let’s see if they can make it happen!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
far from having this break our way.......will be a battle until the end. ......
It would be hard to complain either way but he would be a sick addition

Reaction Score
I think Starling is anyone's game. Tom wouldn't have wasted his time going to every game at Peach Jam, and Hurley wouldn't have showed up to 2/5 of his games, if we didn't have a shot.

Now that Whitehead has committed to Duke, I imagine Starling is out of the picture for them. From what I've seen, Stanford, Cuse, and Maryland are the other ones in the thick of it right now. I think we stand as good of a chance as anyone.

The one thing going against us is that we'll probably have Diggins, Gaffney, Hawkins, Floyd on the roster at that point. Maybe even Cole... That's a pretty tough sell for PT. Diggins is a 1, and Hawkins/Floyd can probably play some 3... but we don't have a lot of room at the 2 right now.
Seems like Cuse is going to get Qadir Copeland too. Not sure how much that affects their situation.

Reaction Score
JJ is obviously our top target here, but are there any others we're interested in as a backup plan? Williams, Anglin, and Epps off the board...any interest in these guys? We've been mentioned with Donald Hand and Otega Oweh in the past, but haven't heard much recently.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think top 40-50 kids are scared off by what’s on the roster As much as people here let on.

Could it be a differentiator at end if two schools are close? Yes.

Hope we stay hot And reel him in!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
JJ is obviously our top target here, but are there any others we're interested in as a backup plan? Williams, Anglin, and Epps off the board...any interest in these guys? We've been mentioned with Donald Hand and Otega Oweh in the past, but haven't heard much recently.
It feels like JJ and Ty or bust until next off season. But I am surprised we haven't been mentioned with Cruz or Westry for awhile.

Reaction Score
The issue is Lemond has been awful lately apparently.

I think the only person who said that was me, but unless he was really injured at Peach Jam or something, he doesn't look like the kind of player we'll seriously recruit. I kind of doubt we show much interest going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom