2022 > Jim Mora era begins… | The Boneyard

2022 > Jim Mora era begins…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Somewhere, deep down inside, in some dark Diaco scarred portion of my brain, I hear a little voice saying “please, don’t let this all be bullshat“, but overall I am really pumped to see what Mora and staff can do this season.

Reaction Score
Somewhere, deep down inside, in some dark Diaco scarred portion of my brain, I hear a little voice saying “please, don’t let this all be bullshat“, but overall I am really pumped to see what Mora and staff can do this season.
This is definitely different... NONE of what Disco said made sense... only his red pants mind...and furthermore... JM actually was a HC in the NFL as well as P5 level not too long ago... He's in touch with everybody else... at least he makes a real attempt to be.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This is definitely different... NONE of what Disco said made sense... only his red pants mind...and furthermore... JM actually was a HC in the NFL as well as P5 level not too long ago... He's in touch with everybody else... at least he makes a real attempt to be.
I thought he was on to something with that "non-key starters" concept.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I get that. For me hope springs from the man's resume: NFL head coach, successful P5 college head coach. If there is some small group of coaches who can turn this ship show around there is good data to indicate that Mora is among them

CL82

Reaction Score
I get that. For me hope springs from the man's resume: NFL head coach, successful P5 college head coach. If there is some small group of coaches who can turn this ship show around there is good data to indicate that Mora is among them
Oh there’s big differences. From day one Diaco’s patter always seemed off to me. Mora seems absolutely genuine and his résumé is light years different. Still, I look forward to seeing the difference on the field. Then it’s real.

Reaction Score
Loved that video, so hyped. Forgot about Darius bush, think he’s gonna be a pleasant surprise I was so excited when we landed him out of HS
What a difference. JM absolutely gives vibes of being genuine as CL82 said.
I would imagine RE would tell them you have to execute, and things, and then...............things, execute the things.........

Reaction Score
Awesome!

revolution.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh there’s big differences. From day one Diaco’s patter always seemed off to me. Mora seems absolutely genuine and his résumé is light years different. Still, I look forward to seeing the difference on the field. Then it’s real.
I have to disagree. Mora made no mention of new paint in the bathrooms. How do you get a team excited without new paint?

Reaction Score
I like the organized professionalism this staff brings to the table. Right off the bat engaging the media and the high school coaches. Getting info out on spring practice in a timely manner, bringing back the "Spring Game". Putting it in a venue convenient for the students and avoiding any images of UConn in a empty stadium. Putting together a staff that includes guys from the area even though he's from the left coast. He's creating a lot of positive vibes. The next step, creating a winning team.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have to disagree. Mora made no mention of new paint in the bathrooms. How do you get a team excited without new paint?
Or “winning breakfast.” I mean if you start the day losing breakfast how can you expect to win at anything else.

Reaction Score
I love everything Mora has brought to the table so far. He has a clear plan and has laid out steps on how to achieve his goals. He reminds a lot of when Geno first got to UConn where he put a circle around the tri-state area to try to lock down recruiting and build from there. I see Mora building the same kind of long term success through relationships with high school coaches and schools. He's hired a staff that looks to run a modern college program rather than one that is stuck in the 90's. He's doing it with a smile and engaging with the media, the fans and the students and honestly he's really winning everyone over. I hope he turns out to be our Dabo Sweeney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom