2022 Fall Training Camp | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Fall Training Camp

Reaction Score
You are forgetting someone
My apologies for doubting Phommachanh would be ready. My one source inside the program told me a couple months ago that he wouldn’t be ready for Week 0. So glad he’s healthy now!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Puma being ready now speaks to his dedication. Sounds like Mora is pleasantly surprised.

All the dedication in the world can't overcome a health timeline..

Sure, being dedicated will shorten the rehab length to the shortest possible time but plenty of dedicated athletes have still had long recoveries.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> The familiar sounds of whistles blowing and shoulder pads colliding, the sideline views of a perfectly threaded pass and blurs of jerseys whizzing by carried with them a breath of fresh air for Jim Mora in UConn football’s first fall practice on Friday.

“I had not coached on a football field since November 18, 2017, when we played USC at the Coliseum, and the next morning I got fired,” Mora said about coaching UCLA five years ago. “I know exactly how long it has been since I got to come out and get ready for a game. It is freaking awesome. I feel it’s what I am built to do.” <-

-> While the first day of practice may not have shed much light on what is to come, Mora’s excitement was tangible. The players noticed.

“We see the passion in his eyes,” Carter said. “He loves not only the game of football, but also us players individually. That is what is so great about playing for a coach like that, you want to go to war with someone who loves us that much and has that much passion for the school.” <-

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
LT Senn
LG Nyadu
C Guidone
RG Haynes
RT Fortin

I think Lundt was over his head last year and once trams figured that out I sometimes got ugly. Illybe see how he is eith a yesr of development. I think Barbosa will be part of the guard rotation. Im curious about Shor.

Good work. Bad snaps were a major problem last year when Fortin wasn't playing center and it looks like it has bled over in to this season. Lundt was overwhelmed last year but realistically he shouldn't have been on the field if offensive line depth was good. Looks like Murawski is going to play early and often. Mora specifically called him out for his skill and athleticism.

From the Thisisuconncountry blog:

Today’s first team offensive line, however, was consistently LT Valentin Senn, LG Noel Ofori-Nyadu, C Yakiri Walker (Jake Guidone is your starter), RG Christian Haynes, RT Chris Fortin. Fortin did rotate into the center spot at times, particularly after a bad shotgun snap, with Chase Lundt, back from injury and now healthy, getting the nod up with the first team.

The newcomer who stood out the most? True freshman Ben Murawski. Physically, he looks ready and was more often than not the one pushing defenders around in his matchups when he got an opportunity with the second team. He also drew the ire of offensive line coach Gordon Sammis at one point, so you could say Murawski got the full gamut in his first college practice.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
-> While the first day of practice may not have shed much light on what is to come, Mora’s excitement was tangible. The players noticed.

“We see the passion in his eyes,” Carter said. “He loves not only the game of football, but also us players individually. That is what is so great about playing for a coach like that, you want to go to war with someone who loves us that much and has that much passion for the school.” <-
Give me a heavy dose!! This man is perfect for this program right now!!!

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
Good work. Bad snaps were a major problem last year when Fortin wasn't playing center and it looks like it has bled over in to this season. Lundt was overwhelmed last year but realistically he shouldn't have been on the field if offensive line depth was good. Looks like Murawski is going to play early and often. Mora specifically called him out for his skill and athleticism.

From the Thisisuconncountry blog:

Today’s first team offensive line, however, was consistently LT Valentin Senn, LG Noel Ofori-Nyadu, C Yakiri Walker (Jake Guidone is your starter), RG Christian Haynes, RT Chris Fortin. Fortin did rotate into the center spot at times, particularly after a bad shotgun snap, with Chase Lundt, back from injury and now healthy, getting the nod up with the first team.

The newcomer who stood out the most? True freshman Ben Murawski. Physically, he looks ready and was more often than not the one pushing defenders around in his matchups when he got an opportunity with the second team. He also drew the ire of offensive line coach Gordon Sammis at one point, so you could say Murawski got the full gamut in his first college practice.
Seems like RT will be the spot that will be up for grabs and they’re still working fortin at center and tackle.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seems like RT will be the spot that will be up for grabs and they’re still working fortin at center and tackle.

Seems like the coaches want Guidone at C and Fortin at RT. Question they have to solve if Guidone is hurt is whether the team is better off with Walker at C and keeping Fortin at RT, or, move Fortin to C and bring in the 2nd string RT. It's the not the hardest puzzle to solve but they have to figure it out. Mast of obvious statement coming up but if the C can't get a clean snap to the QB the chances of success on that play goes down dramatically.

Reaction Score
Seems like the coaches want Guidone at C and Fortin at RT. Question they have to solve if Guidone is hurt is whether the team is better off with Walker at C and keeping Fortin at RT, or, move Fortin to C and bring in the 2nd string RT. It's the not the hardest puzzle to solve but they have to figure it out. Mast of obvious statement coming up but if the C can't get a clean snap to the QB the chances of success on that play goes down dramatically.
Who is Walker? Your not talking about Sidney Walker are you?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who is Walker? Your not talking about Sidney Walker are you?

Different Walker. Sidney is gone but Yakiri Walker was working with 1's according to reports.

Go back through this thread and see the linked rosters, blogs and articles.

Reaction Score
Any word on Cam Ross? I read the recap from Uconn Country, but there was no mention of his return.

Reaction Score
All the dedication in the world can't overcome a health timeline..

Sure, being dedicated will shorten the rehab length to the shortest possible time but plenty of dedicated athletes have still had long recoveries.

As a recepient of 2 knee surgeries and 3 shoulder surgeries, I believe dedication is very important. Putting in the extra work and fighting through the pain gets you back faster.

Reaction Score
We haven't seen the most recent roster yet, he may be bigger. Even if he isn't, many very good college linemen are not 300 pounds. Strength and mobility are more important than weight.
He may be bigger, but he is not playing OC as a 270 lb 2nd year guy unless he is playing for an academy. I'll take the 5th year FCS all American for 300 Alex.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom