2022 Fall Training Camp | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Fall Training Camp

Reaction Score

To read more<<

-> By the time the spring ended, Mora was convinced that Ruelas “could kick anywhere” and was “glad he is with us.”

Now in the first full week of practice, Ruelas continues to inspire confidence in his coaching staff and teammates.

“Today we did a period called red zone lockout where we keep score and the kickers become very important in how we keep score,” said Mora, whose Huskies open play Aug. 27 at Utah State. “I wanted to see Noe (Ruelas) today go out there and bury them, and he did it.

“The most important thing is that the ball goes through the uprights,” Mora said. “They are going through right now, so I am happy about that.”<-

Reaction Score
Any word on Cam Ross? I read the recap from Uconn Country, but there was no mention of his return.

-> The ongoing rehab on his injured foot isn’t letting Ross participate fully in the team’s fall practices yet, but the redshirt sophomore from Newark, Delaware is thrilled to be playing a role again nonetheless.

“It was a rough time, but I’m just glad to be back with my team,” Ross said after practice Tuesday at the Shenkman Center. “I definitely learned my limits (during the recovery process), more mentally than physically, I would say. You have a lot of time to think to yourself.” <-

-> Ross said his injured foot is “healthy” and that he would be ready to go when UConn opens its season at Utah State in 24 days. “I feel good,” Ross said. “I’m healthy. I can promise you I’m going to be out there August 27th.” <-

Reaction Score
I’ve been hearing great things about Jackson Mitchell ever since camp has started. I’m so excited about this young man’s career, and I think he is going to have an absolute monster season. Possibly one of the top 5 linebackers in the country if I was a betting man!

Reaction Score
Great news about Ruelas. Replacing McFadden won't be easy. It would be great if Ruelas can lock this down.
Why not? Nuzie did pretty good no reason Noe can't make his mark at UConn.

And FWIW every time I hear Coach Jim talk about his philosophy and game management I get excited. I feel like what he can do during a game is more likely to give us an edge than screw it up. Hope I don't jinx things because he will miscalculate until his familiarity with the personnel and their consistency is established.

Reaction Score
Why not? Nuzie did pretty good no reason Noe can't make his mark at UConn.

And FWIW every time I hear Coach Jim talk about his philosophy and game management I get excited. I feel like what he can do during a game is more likely to give us an edge than screw it up. Hope I don't jinx things because he will miscalculate until his familiarity with the personnel and their consistency is established.
If he knows what down it is, that is an improvement from what we have witnessed.

Reaction Score
Watts said he gained weight but is showing he weighs about 10lbs less than last year. Maybe he got it back since May.
the roster isn't completely updated yet... stay tuned... I'm sure we'll the actuals in 3 weeks...

Reaction Score
3 weeks away seems like forever.. Can't wait to see how we look out there...

This should be a pivotal week for our depth chart across the board though... Would hope to pretty much know our depth chart by Monday (8/15/22) for the most part...

Reaction Score
Kind of bummed that I saw Utah State come in at #24 on a recent poll. Second straight year we're playing a buzzsaw G5 team to open the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom