2022 Connecticut Ice Championship Game (UConn vs #2 Quinnipiac University (1/30/22 @ 4:30p on SNY) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Connecticut Ice Championship Game (UConn vs #2 Quinnipiac University (1/30/22 @ 4:30p on SNY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will they ever rotate it? Please don’t tell me they are only doing it at Bridgeport.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Will they ever rotate it? Please don’t tell me they are only doing it at Bridgeport.
I wondered about this too, but right now I’m just gonna enjoy it

For what it’s worth, good cross promotional opportunity for one of the states local Brewers to put out a beer called Connecticut Ice.

Reaction Score
I’d even be for it rotating between the four home rinks with UConn using their new arena if there isn’t demand for 5k or more at XL although I think there would be.

Reaction Score
Take a cue from the Beanpot. Play Day One on a February Monday evening, followed by Day Two the following Monday evening. Do not compete for TV exposure with NFL playoffs, UConn men's and/or women's basketball, and weekend afternoon family time. Scrap Bridgeport, either stage at the XL Center, or rotate among campus facilities until ticket demand justifies Hartford. Great concept, let's focus on execution.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Take a cue from the Beanpot. Play Day One on a February Monday evening, followed by Day Two the following Monday evening. Do not compete for TV exposure with NFL playoffs, UConn men's and/or women's basketball, and weekend afternoon family time. Scrap Bridgeport, either stage at the XL Center, or rotate among campus facilities until ticket demand justifies Hartford. Great concept, let's focus on execution.

The UConn fans will complain about Bridgeport, but nobody else will. It's a pro rink with enough things around to make it useful. Get in the car (or train) and get down there.

QU's rink is great, but descending on Hamden is going to show pretty quickly why this needs to be somewhere else. Unfortunately, the Coliseum would have been perfect for this, RIP.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Reaction Score
I’m not sure the Mondays is the best idea, but I agree with the concept of avoiding playoff weekend.
l also get why it is in Bridgeport. They’ve actually been most supportive. They tried to pull this off earlier, even, but the XL is the home of CT Hockey…I might take a shot at playing it during the Christmas break, to start off the 2nd half. First round Friday at 5 and 8. Championship Saturday at 4 and 7, something like that. This year made for really good hockey for sure. All the games were really competitive except UConn-Yale, and This could develop into something if the various schools want it to.

FWIW, I thought I read that Yale was in line to host in a few years. Great facility.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
FWIW, I thought I read that Yale was in line to host in a few years. Great facility.

Yes, but in < 1 year, it will be CLEARLY the worst of the 4, which is insane to think about.

Reaction Score
I know, not great for viewing, but hockey in the Yale Bowl. If not the bowl, then:

O4GV775UBNAQNEGVZN6DUHWRJI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox