2022 Coaching Carousel Begins… | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2022 Coaching Carousel Begins…

Reaction Score
Ohio State is 11-1. Don’t think hei on the hot seat yet.
Oh maybe not a hot seat but warmer than he’d like. Ohio State people are VERY unhappy getting knocked out of the cfb playoff 2 years in a row by Michigan when they felt they had the much better team isn’t sittingvwellbin Columbus I can tell you.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Rhule. I know he turned around Temple and Baylor but this is a new level. Temple is similar to us in terms of expectations. Turn it around slowly, great! Baylor was coming out of the Briles scandal so they were ecstatic that Rhule could turn them around. Temple went 2-10 in his first season. Baylor went 1-11. Not sure Nebraska fans would be happy with a sub .500 record in year one and I can guarantee that anything short of 8 wins by year two would make that seat real hot. Turning around a program in the AAC or a scandal ridden program in the Big 12 is nothing compared to the pressure cooker and challenge that will be Nebraska in the B1G.
He's gonna translate extremely well to Nebraska, coming from the NFL. Don't see a problem whatsoever.
Would be surprised to see Deion move. He's really been pushing for HBCU and having them get national respect. Even wants a bowl game of the best HBCU against a FBS team. He doesn't need the money so not sure that would lure him. Plus, there's no personal connection for him to Colorado to make him want to move.

I'd be surprised to see him move.
Yup....me too... unless they opened up the entire bank to him...

Reaction Score
Not surprising, but potentially very bad news for UConn. He was truly great this year.
UConn could have a 10 million dollar staff pool it wouldn’t matter. They are very close. We will be ok. Only thing I’d be worried about which I doubt would happen is if Carter transfers with Barthel. Which again, I doubt

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Remember when Tsggert was going to be the next big thing? Left USF for Oregon. I knew that was a bad move. He will be selling insurance next year.
Yeah I think getting fired from FAU is the end of the head coaching line for him. What a fall from grace, from Oregon to FSU to FAU. Going back to a coordinator position is likely next stop.

Reaction Score
You do realize that Nebraska hasn't had a winning record in 7 seasons? Rhule will instill toughness like Bo Pellini did without being a hot head like Pellini. And, he turned around Baylor which was in terrible shape when he showed up and the Big 12 is a better conference than the Big 10 West. At Nebraska, unlike at Baylor and Temple, he will be able to turn around the roster quickly with the portal and NIL.
That’s a very tough job for any coach. Once you’re on the bottom in the Big Ten it’s extremely tough to pull a team out of the abyss, but not impossible. Witness Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Indiana. Those four teams are faced with 3 or 4 definite losses before the season starts, and 3,4 or 5 more close losses. That not even including the likely hood of having to play Notre Dame, although this year Notre Dame had a so so team. It’s much much easier for a new coach in the ACC to build something or in UConn’s case as an independent.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Rhule. I know he turned around Temple and Baylor but this is a new level. Temple is similar to us in terms of expectations. Turn it around slowly, great! Baylor was coming out of the Briles scandal so they were ecstatic that Rhule could turn them around. Temple went 2-10 in his first season. Baylor went 1-11. Not sure Nebraska fans would be happy with a sub .500 record in year one and I can guarantee that anything short of 8 wins by year two would make that seat real hot. Turning around a program in the AAC or a scandal ridden program in the Big 12 is nothing compared to the pressure cooker and challenge that will be Nebraska in the B1G.
Nothing you said would deter a sane human being from turning down a large, multi-year contract where if he fails in the fan base’s eyes he still gets paid..

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
8 years $72M for Rhule at Nebraska. B1G boy money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom