2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ugh! It's not even September. I hate hearing about these injuries.
True, but this has been an ongoing issue. I'm not sure how she's managed through the past 2 years based on the impressions I've gotten from what I've read. I'm rooting hard for her to make a healthy comeback.

Reaction Score

Came across this via the HornFans' forum. Some on that site were panning the schedule as cheesy. I think that's a bit of a stretch. Sure, we'd love to see more top 10 match ups, but they have South Carolina, Tennessee and a Gonzaga team that played them tough last season from what I recall.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Came across this via the HornFans' forum. Some on that site were panning the schedule as cheesy. I think that's a bit of a stretch. Sure, we'd love to see more top 10 match ups, but they have South Carolina, Tennessee and a Gonzaga team that played them tough last season from what I recall.
It's better than a lot of non-conference schedules shared on here. I will say that a lot of Texas fans are disappointed that series against Stanford and Tennessee were not renewed, especially since it was Texas' turn to host those games, and we're opening our new arena this season.

Reaction Score
It's better than a lot of non-conference schedules shared on here. I will say that a lot of Texas fans are disappointed that series against Stanford and Tennessee were not renewed, especially since it was Texas' turn to host those games, and we're opening our new arena this season.
Whatcha’ doin’ on November 7?

We suddenly find ourselves with an opening on that date after dropping BYU

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Still no official schedule release, but I think Ohio States is shaping up to be decent OOC.

Tennessee, Louisville(big ten vs acc), USF, Boston College, and Arkansas/Oregon. That’s all that’s been revealed so far. (USF and Arkansas/Oregon are a tournament).
I’m sure Cinci and Xavier will be on the schedule too. But we’ll see.
Well, I was wrong. No Cincinnati or Xavier. Outside the above teams, the rest of the non-con is really soft. (McNeese State, UAlbany, New Hampshire, Wright State, North Alabama).
Women's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule 2022

Wish McGuff would take a note out of Ohio States Volleyball Coach Flynn Oldenburg's book on scheduling. 8 non-con teams, 5 in the top 10 preseason rankings, all but one in the polls. The Big Ten Volleyball schedule not cake walk either. Granted, the OSU team is 1-3 to start the season. But this is a better non-con schedule for OSU than previous seasons.

Reaction Score

Texas vs South Carolina would be a game I would enjoy. Vic and Dawn went head to head before and it would be great if that game could happen. Good for WCBB, hope it happens!

Reaction Score

Isn't UCONN on the schedule at some point?

Reaction Score
I would be too. Glad to see the team's moving to a different stadium though as I believe they deserve a better venue. If there's a historical aspect to the facility, my apologies as I'm not great on my knowledge of college stadiums.

Reaction Score
Well, I was wrong. No Cincinnati or Xavier. Outside the above teams, the rest of the non-con is really soft. (McNeese State, UAlbany, New Hampshire, Wright State, North Alabama).
Women's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule 2022's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule 2022

Wish McGuff would take a note out of Ohio States Volleyball Coach Flynn Oldenburg's book on scheduling. 8 non-con teams, 5 in the top 10 preseason rankings, all but one in the polls. The Big Ten Volleyball schedule not cake walk either. Granted, the OSU team is 1-3 to start the season. But this is a better non-con schedule for OSU than previous seasons.
Still looks better than most in the BIG10. They have Tennessee, Louisville, South Florida, Arkansas and Oregon. Other than Maryland, I don't think anyone else in the conference is close.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Texas has not released its non-conference schedule yet. Here's what's been pieced together:

11/14: @ UConn
11/19, 20 & 21: Battle 4 Atlantis, Bahamas (3 games guaranteed possibly against Rutgers, UCLA, Tennessee, and/or Louisville or others)
12/2: South Florida @ Austin
12/18: Southern Cal @ Dallas, 2:30 p.m.
12/21: Houston Baptist @ Austin
12/28: Texas A&M Commerce @ Austin

There has been speculation that Texas will not have a game prior to playing at UConn. I don't think that's the case. I have to believe we will christen our new arena with a home game on or around November 7. If that's not the plan, South Carolina is welcome to come to Austin. But, they seem to have several road games already at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Well, BYU was a road game to, so . . .

Call Vic
Texas has not released its non-conference schedule yet. Here's what's been pieced together:

11/14: @ UConn
11/19, 20 & 21: Battle 4 Atlantis, Bahamas (3 games guaranteed possibly against Rutgers, UCLA, Tennessee, and/or Louisville or others)
12/2: South Florida @ Austin
12/18: Southern Cal @ Dallas, 2:30 p.m.
12/21: Houston Baptist @ Austin
12/28: Texas A&M Commerce @ Austin

There has been speculation that Texas will not have a game prior to playing at UConn. I don't think that's the case. I have to believe we will christen our new arena with a home game on or around November 7. If that's not the plan, South Carolina is welcome to come to Austin. But, they seem to have several road games already at the beginning of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would be too. Glad to see the team's moving to a different stadium though as I believe they deserve a better venue. If there's a historical aspect to the facility, my apologies as I'm not great on my knowledge of college stadiums.

Historical in the fact that its the only concrete drum in the country that can hold 16,000 people.

Reaction Score
Texas vs South Carolina would be a game I would enjoy. Vic and Dawn went head to head before and it would be great if that game could happen. Good for WCBB, hope it happens!
I’m a little surprised they aren’t playing. Coach Schaefer played her every year while at Mississippi State.****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom