2021 UConn Football Commit - Tyler Phommachanh (Stratford CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Football Commit - Tyler Phommachanh (Stratford CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Welcome Tyler,
Dan Orlovsky stayed home, built a great resume at UConn, and enjoyed a long tenure in the NFL that allowed him to jumpstart his broadcasting career. It started with a commitment to a program ready to rise and you just may find you're on a similar path to success in life. Congratulations on joining the Huskies!

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
And so 247 decides to lay a 79 score of the phenom. Absurd. I expect a reranking later this year.

I believe I posted earlier in the recruiting thread that he was previously listed as 5’10” on 247. He is now listed as 6’ but his ranking is unchanged. This is curious to me because 247 claims its ranking system is based primarily on projectability to the NFL. I have come to believe the rankings are hopelessly arbitrary and are actually purely based on offers.

Reaction Score
Very happy to keep this kid at home! Do we think he can compete for the job Day 1 or will he need a couple of years to develop physically/learn the college game?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I believe I posted earlier in the recruiting thread that he was previously listed as 5’10” on 247. He is now listed as 6’ but his ranking is unchanged. This is curious to me because 247 claims its ranking system is based primarily on projectability to the NFL. I have come to believe the rankings are hopelessly arbitrary and are actually purely based on offers.

The formula from my pov:
40% film/size/talent/
30% offer list
30% subscriber base size & pull of 247 team reporter <--we are goose eggs with this 30%

Reaction Score
Although it’s a highlight tape so we can’t see the whole picture, this kid can throw with accuracy and on the run to boot. I suspect he’s ranked lower because of his size and with a taller college line in front of him you never know how he adjusts to limited field vision and finding throwing lanes. Some do just fine. Others not so good. Seems to me to be a great pick up.

Reaction Score
I think he looks like a high upside kid. But I’ll say this. If he was from Stratford Ohio this board would be whining that he didn’t have much by way of BCS offers.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Big time recruit, under-recruited. Agree with the full tape review, he can really play. A bit small at 6 foot, but he can make plays with his feet.

Can someone explain the QB situation at AOF? We offered 2 QBs there, the other, Xavier Copening, with offers from Syracus and p5 interest. He has 3 stars, but it seemed like Tyler was the starter?
Solid question. I was thinking the same thing. They’re the same year, but Tyler was the starter.
Can anyone speak to this?

Add me to the list of wondering the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom