2021 UConn Football Commit - Tyler Phommachanh (Stratford CT) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Football Commit - Tyler Phommachanh (Stratford CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he looks like a high upside kid. But I’ll say this. If he was from Stratford Ohio this board would be whining that he didn’t have much by way of BCS offers.

Wow. We've gotten to the point where you're not criticizing posters for what they actually say, but what they didn't say but you think they would have said in hypothetical circumstances?

A bit much, no?

Reaction Score
This is terrific. I have been very critical of Edsall this go around. In season he drove me crazy. I have said I choose to be optimistic in the off season. Looking for anything positive And talking up the team to my friends. I think I may be able to do that with more confidence now. This class just feels different so far; the feel of the current team is better (this I know for a fact) and maybe in this instant gratification world the slow and steady build is harder. But no doubt we are moving in the right direction and this year is huge to show it in the win column.

Reaction Score
Wow. We've gotten to the point where you're not criticizing posters for what they actually say, but what they didn't say but you think they would have said in hypothetical circumstances?

A bit much, no?
Kind of a lawyerly thing I did there I guess. Probably illegal without being a member of the bar. Look at the comments on other guys with more BCS offers. This kid has UMass but he’s the starter day 1. LOL. Change his hometown zip code and maybe his mom posts that.

I think he looks like he has lots of upside. And I actually believe there are lots of really good quarterbacks who don’t get looked for one reason or another. The success of leagues like the sunbelt and MAC in finding them shows this. I’m hopeful this kid is the best we’ve ever had breaking all the records Z sets his season! This whole class looks like a huge step forward. But clearly the two top players are the kid from Bridgeport and this kid. You can tell because they have the right zip codes.

Reaction Score
Seems like a really good pickup. Nice to see some clips of him against my alma mater.

Making some inroads with the NEPSAC prep schools is a big opportunity for us. They churn out some pretty highly rated kids. While we may not be able to compete for the blue chippers yet, getting some of the other top quality kids they have will be big. There has to be a way to leverage the proximity.

Reaction Score

A bit much, no?
I love ya Biz, but that is some of the most tortured use of the English language I have ever read

Reaction Score
This is the way QB recruiting goes for UConn when we do it right.

We don’t nudge a P5 off a polished tall stud. We aim for kids who can really play - but maybe they’re dinged a bit for some reason. Playing in New England. Too short. But they have an arm; pocket sense and legs; leadership. And we target and push

Jonathan Senecal. Now Tyler. This is a successful thoughtful approach: I think we have got the top of our board - possibilities set - two years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom