2021 Recruiting: - 2021 Recruits and 2022 Possible Reclassifications | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: 2021 Recruits and 2022 Possible Reclassifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wilson's video starts with a warm up line between the leg dunk - THAT HE CLANGS OFF THE BACK OF THE RIM!
A pretty surprising inclusion in a clip since it isn't even game action. A lot to work, with but the video only proved he's aggressive and can dunk. A couple of threes but knowing his percent from 3 and the line would be informative. Zero actual post moves in the clip but certainly gets up for lobs. Doesn't seem to match Hurley's intent to bring in shooters and guys with skills. Much rather have a Filipowski type reclass.

30% from 3. 54% from the FT line. I'm not terribly impressed.

Reaction Score

30% from 3. 54% from the FT line. I'm not terribly impressed.
Not impressed? According to the page you linked to, he averages 56.6 points per 40 minutes. That goes up to 89.4 in conference games! So we know those stats are all guaranteed to be accurate ;)

Reaction Score
Not impressed by Wilson’s JUCO stats at all. He’s averaging 10 PTS on inefficient shooting for a team that consistently scores 80 PPG. And even by video, he looks like an even more raw Sid Wilson. I’m sure Alabama didn’t blink when he decommitted. He’s a reach IMO

Reaction Score
it's slightly worrisome our name came up at all given the hundreds of other transfers in the portal... hopefully his camp is just throwing names out in the hopes it will artificially inflate his stock and a real offer matriculates. bet it would have worked on KO.

Reaction Score
Not impressed by Wilson’s JUCO stats at all. He’s averaging 10 PTS on inefficient shooting for a team that consistently scores 80 PPG. And even by video, he looks like an even more raw Sid Wilson. I’m sure Alabama didn’t blink when he decommitted. He’s a reach IMO
Offers from Nate Oats, Kansas, West Virginia, Oregon, Maryland...

I have no idea about his game but just from highlights I can say he's a lot more athletic than Sid Wilson and taller. With those coaches offering him and him being the #2 Juco player in the country not sure we can say UConn is too good for him.

Reaction Score
Offers from Nate Oats, Kansas, West Virginia, Oregon, Maryland...

I have no idea about his game but just from highlights I can say he's a lot more athletic than Sid Wilson and taller. With those coaches offering him and him being the #2 Juco player in the country not sure we can say UConn is too good for him.
Yeah can’t deny the offers, but look at who has contacted him since he decommitted. Much less impressive. His stats only got worse year over year too. I guess he just started playing so his growth might occur faster than normal, but a guy with those numbers at that level of competition doesn’t do it for me personally. Obviously I trust the staff, but color me skeptical.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah can’t deny the offers, but look at who has contacted him since he decommitted. Much less impressive. His stats only got worse year over year too. I guess he just started playing so his growth might occur faster than normal, but a guy with those numbers at that level of competition doesn’t do it for me personally. Obviously I trust the staff, but color me skeptical.
He also looks stiff on video. Obviously jumps out of the gym, but I was expecting a smoother athlete the way he's been hyped up.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We should punish the infringement by banning him to the Rivals site for a week. Where the hell are all the attorneys on this site? Sue!

Reaction Score
You b^tch about UConn not getting Blakes and at the same time say Duke is downgrading talent.
And is wrong because UConn did offer Blakes, truly impressive all around

Reaction Score

It’s official. Jaylen Blakes to Duke.

It’s weird that there’s a narrative now all the sudden Duke is downgrading in talent with a kid like him. Been high on him for awhile now, I think he’s going to be a good player and they got a good one. Watch his tape, the kid can ball. I really liked him, wish him the best.

Reaction Score
It’s weird that there’s a narrative now all the sudden Duke is downgrading in talent with a kid like him. Been high on him for awhile now, I think he’s going to be a good player and they got a good one. Watch his tape, the kid can ball. I really liked him, wish him the best.
Duke has a couple of top 5 recruits plus Keels coming in. They aren’t downgrading.

I am a fan of Jaylen’s game, and I personally wish Hurley worked a little harder to get him. At the same time, it’s pretty clear that when Hurley wants someone he goes all in on them, so I guess for whatever reason he didn’t see the fit with JB. Like I said, don’t personally agree, but we will see how it turns out.

The one thing that concerns me with JB to Duke is the fit for him there. I feel like kids like that who commit to Duke/Kentucky/others aren’t set up to do so well. Seems to me like those schools are less concerned developing talent and more concerned with just putting a bunch of 5-star freshman on the court. Not always, but frequently enough. Totally understand why JB took a chance on himself and made that move, and I really hope he doesn’t just get buried on the depth chart there and leaves after a year. Kid works extremely hard.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He may be very underrated but Duke has been grabbing top 10 guys 3 at a time every year for a while now. Theo John and Blakes seem like a distinct change in strategy. I guess trying to mix vets more with the young guys after the debacle this year—as Blakes will undoubtedly be there a while.

Reaction Score
Duke has a couple of top 5 recruits plus Keels coming in. They aren’t downgrading.

I am a fan of Jaylen’s game, and I personally wish Hurley worked a little harder to get him. At the same time, it’s pretty clear that when Hurley wants someone he goes all in on them, so I guess for whatever reason he didn’t see the fit with JB. Like I said, don’t personally agree, but we will see how it turns out.

The one thing that concerns me with JB to Duke is the fit for him there. I feel like kids like that who commit to Duke/Kentucky/others aren’t set up to do so well. Seems to me like those schools are less concerned developing talent and more concerned with just putting a bunch of 5-star freshman on the court. Not always, but frequently enough. Totally understand why JB took a chance on himself and made that move, and I really hope he doesn’t just get buried on the depth chart there and leaves after a year. Kid works extremely hard.
Ya I would’ve like to have seen UConn get more involved with him, he just has the looks of a really productive player. But who knows how it shook out. Maybe the staff was interested and he wasn’t as much. Idk. Curious to see how it shakes out for him at Duke.

Reaction Score
He may be very underrated but Duke has been grabbing top 10 guys 3 at a time every year for a while now. Theo John and Blakes seem like a distinct change in strategy. I guess trying to mix vets more with the young guys after the debacle this year—as Blakes will undoubtedly be there a while.
Ya it does seem like a little bit of a change in strategy although they did try that with Tape last year, the post grad player from the Ivy League and he like never played. The allure of Duke is still real, can’t blame young men for wanting to take a chance on themselves when Duke offers. Wish Blakes well, I’ll be watching him. I’ve always liked him, now naturally I have to a lot less lol.

Reaction Score
What do you like about him? I've only seen highlights and I never understood what people saw in him. I see an unathletic small shooting guard but maybe he's an amazing shooter which is hard to tell in highlights.

Reaction Score
What do you like about him? I've only seen highlights and I never understood what people saw in him. I see an unathletic small shooting guard but maybe he's an amazing shooter which is hard to tell in highlights.
That was what I thought of Myles Powell before KO handed him to Seton Hall, to be fair

Reaction Score
He’s undersized yes but I’d actually say he’s pretty athletic/explosive. Ton of range with his shot, and he’s got some dog in him. Tough to teach that type of attitude. Certainly not saying he’s some top prospect or anything. But a guy I would’ve liked to have seen added to the core of young guys we’ve got. Although with Floyd Jr in the mix, I’m guessing the staff (and maybe Blakes) weren’t as interested. Just a hunch tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox