2021 Recruiting: - 2021 Recruits and 2022 Possible Reclassifications | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: 2021 Recruits and 2022 Possible Reclassifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah that was an eye popper when I saw it.
I am not sure about roster fit at UConn, but honestly I think he’s a very underrated player. I can see him being a really good 4 year player somewhere. I wish Hurley was more involved with him. I feel like with 3 open scholarships he could be worth a shot 100%.

Reaction Score
I liked Blakes a lot to fill that open guard spot but did not see Duke getting involved
What do you like about his game? I don't know his game other than highlights, he looks fairly unathletic. Is he a great shooter?

Reaction Score
I am not sure about roster fit at UConn, but honestly I think he’s a very underrated player. I can see him being a really good 4 year player somewhere. I wish Hurley was more involved with him. I feel like with 3 open scholarships he could be worth a shot 100%.
Been questioning who and what exactly hurley has been prioritizing since the season ended but as they say, trust the process

Reaction Score
What do you like about his game? I don't know his game other than highlights, he looks fairly unathletic. Is he a great shooter?
Yeah he's a good shooter and defender, I don't really buy him as a PG but second ball handler with our PGs I think he'd thrive. I suspect he wants to play more PG than off ball because there hasn't been much since we got Diggins

Reaction Score
I liked Blakes a lot to fill that open guard spot but did not see Duke getting involved
i did too but dont see him wanting to overlap with both diggins and hawkins. but if he ends up at duke we'll know being 3rd string didnt matter to him after all

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i did too but dont see him wanting to overlap with both diggins and hawkins. but if he ends up at duke we'll know being 3rd string didnt matter to him after all.
Yeah that's what has me torn, I figured he wouldn't want to come in with Diggins and Hawkins but he'll always have competition at Duke.

Will say the PG situation at Duke is pretty open right now, they have Jeremy Roach who will be a sophomore but he's the only PG on the roster. Though it's Duke and that can change at any minute

Reaction Score
normally what happens when he’s been working for an offer for a week. Good for him. Wish our offers had this magic to ‘em.

Reaction Score
normally what happens when he’s been working for an offer for a week. Good for him. Wish our offers had this magic to ‘em.

I’ve been on this kid for awhile! A lot to like about his game, was hoping UConn would add him. His game really flashes with athleticism, shooting, and energy. Feel like he’s gonna turn out to be a good player.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's what has me torn, I figured he wouldn't want to come in with Diggins and Hawkins but he'll always have competition at Duke.

Will say the PG situation at Duke is pretty open right now, they have Jeremy Roach who will be a sophomore but he's the only PG on the roster. Though it's Duke and that can change at any minute
Sounds like he's cool about being like Jordan Goldwire, ride pine for your first couple years at Duke and then if an opportunity opens up as a junior senior you get a lot of playing time. If you really want to play a lot it's a huge gamble at Duke but the kid is really intelligent and studious so maybe it's not too important to him. If it is with the new transfer thing he can always go somewhere else if playing time is important.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We really need players who can score. When Bouk dropped off, our Achilles heel was too exposed.

Reaction Score
Been questioning who and what exactly hurley has been prioritizing since the season ended but as they say, trust the process
This isn't a workout routine. We either get a shooter or shooters we need or we don't. Trust results.

Reaction Score

6'9 215 pound JUCO forward, sounds like more of a 4 than a 3. From 247:

PROJECTION​

Power-5 Starter

An exceptional leaper with length. Runs the floor extremely well. The lefty is tough to defend in the paint when attacking the rim. Keeps the defense honest as a three-point shooter. Dangerous offensive rebounder. Has room to improve as a ball handler and passer. Versatile defender. Has a lot of upside but must gain weight and get stronger.

Reaction Score

PROJECTION​

Power-5 Starter

An exceptional leaper with length. Runs the floor extremely well. The lefty is tough to defend in the paint when attacking the rim. Keeps the defense honest as a three-point shooter. Dangerous offensive rebounder. Has room to improve as a ball handler and passer. Versatile defender. Has a lot of upside but must gain weight and get stronger.
He never played a single minute of high school or organized basketball in his life before juco, wild. Freak athleticism.

Reaction Score
Any idea if this is an indication on Tyler Phommachanh status of returning?
They kicked the tires on Yetna yet Whaley came back. Could be a hedge or something more, but hard to discern anything from this.

Reaction Score

PROJECTION​

Power-5 Starter

Sounds a bit like Martin.

Reaction Score
Wilson's video starts with a warm up line between the leg dunk - THAT HE CLANGS OFF THE BACK OF THE RIM!
A pretty surprising inclusion in a clip since it isn't even game action. A lot to work, with but the video only proved he's aggressive and can dunk. A couple of threes but knowing his percent from 3 and the line would be informative. Zero actual post moves in the clip but certainly gets up for lobs. Doesn't seem to match Hurley's intent to bring in shooters and guys with skills. Much rather have a Filipowski type reclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom