2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the dynamic between Copening and Phommachanh at AOF?

NEPSAC Football 2019: AVON OLD FARMS preview

>>Phommachahn has received offers from UConn and UMass. He passed for 337 yards in 33 attempts for four touchdowns and rushed 270 yards with three touchdowns as his brother’s backup, including coming in to help the Beavers defeat then-unbeaten Brunswick.

Phommachahn will be joined by junior quarterback Xavier Copening, who has received offers from Boston College, UConn, and Syracuse. Copening also had 131 receiving yards and 172 rushing yards as a sophomore. The two juniors will compete from playing time throughout the season.<<

>>Junior Josh Tracey (Bridgeport) and senior Graham Walker are both coming off of monster seasons. Tracey, who has received an offer from UConn, accumulated 451 receiving yards and six touchdowns...<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edsall is recruiting the kid from Wilton, Gulbin.
That's a tough road. A P5 offer will be taken over UConn 95% of the time, and any Fairfield County kid from the wealthy towns like Wilton with pretty good test scores/grades will be pushed toward an Ivy rather than UConn.
Wow....I love your optimism, you should mail this to Edsall and tell him he's wasting his time.:rolleyes:

He’s wasting his time or UConn changed its name to “etcetera” ;) (2021 is a long way away tho’).

Reaction Score
It says cool for all the schools, even the ones that offered him, Rutgers and UMass.

That’s kinda my point... it’s 247 and the only schools on that list that he mentioned today was UMass and BC. No Rutgers/No UNC. Not even a courtesy shout out to the home state school if he’s being recruited by them and he has interest.

2021 is a long way away but I’d be stunned if he ends up in a Storrs - he’s headed out of State.

Reaction Score
That’s kinda my point... the only school on that list that he mentioned was UMass. No Rutgers/No UNC. Not even a courtesy shout out to the home state school if he’s being recruited by them and he has interest. 2021 is a long way away though but I’d be stunned if he ends up in a Storrs.
It seems plain to me that 247 is saying Gulbin is getting interest from UMass, Rutgers, UNC, UConn, and BC. I never said or hinted that I thought UConn was receiving mutual interest. I thought from the beginning that with Gulbins interest being cool toward all these schools means he isn't ready to even start the recruiting process. He just started his Junior year.

Reaction Score
I never said or hinted that I thought UConn was receiving mutual interest.

Fair enough... misinterpreted your Edsall comment. My bad totally (and I initially missed including BC w/ UMass with the CBSSN mention today but corrected in passing).

I always assume 247 is wrong when it comes to UConn (it’s a bad habit).

Reaction Score

Nathanial Bruce is a 6-4 330lb OL/DL from Harrisburg High School in Harrisburg PA. Other offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State, Penn State, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Toledo, UMass VaTech and WVA.

Sophomore Highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom