2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I know you old timers here won’t agree, but Randy’s got to upgrade his offer letters. Too many words and not enough graphics. Even smaller schools, have more memorable offer letters.

Graphics of the new locker room urinals would be a nice addition.

Reaction Score
Rivals thinks so.
I'd love this but say this young man were to commit. Would that kinda signal that we're losing some current DBs off the depth chart?if so, one would think we're really prepping for play next season and not this one all things considered

Reaction Score
I know you old timers here won’t agree, but Randy’s got to upgrade his offer letters. Too many words and not enough graphics. Even smaller schools, have more memorable offer letters.

sheesh

You do know that the written Offer has LEGAL obligations? Read it please. It has puff; loud profound upbeat promotional words on the University & praise for the kid. Importantly, the school is giving a scholarship - with clear terms of conditions. Graphics?

Acceptance by the student athlete has LEGAL force. Im certain some of the Terms are an implied expression - meaning failure to timely meet the Offer and/or the Academic rigor - makes the Offer null.

We like to see these. Parents should know the enforceability.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'd love this but say this young man were to commit. Would that kinda signal that we're losing some current DBs off the depth chart?if so, one would think we're really prepping for play next season and not this one all things considered
I think if we land Adeyi it’s one of those rather rare moments when we threw a few darts and they all happen to land. Adeyi has too much upside to make him wait. Let’s take an extra corner and make it work. I think Bell has potential for safety if need be.

Reaction Score
I also think the commitment graphics for football need a complete overhaul. Something like this from basketball looks much cleaner/more professional.

I know it’s kind of a small thing, but marketing is marketing for a reason.

D15544B1-D87F-4FD4-B4DF-4F6FB0638F75.jpeg

C

Chief00

sheesh

You do know that the written Offer has LEGAL obligations? Read it please. It has puff; loud profound upbeat promotional words on the University & praise for the kid. Importantly, the school is giving a scholarship - with clear terms of conditions. Graphics?

Acceptance by the student athlete has LEGAL force. Im certain some of the Terms are an implied expression - meaning failure to timely meet the Offer and/or the Academic rigor - makes the Offer null.

We like to see these. Parents should know the enforceability.
Uninforned answer - other schools have much more memorable letters and fall under the same legal and NCAA rules. They have legal/compliance depts that clear their templates too. All kinds of studies show what’s visual gets marked in the brain /memory - an overload of words typically don’t met that threshold. Randy needs an offer letter redo.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I also think the commitment graphics for football need a complete overhaul. Something like this from basketball looks much cleaner/more professional.

View attachment 57326

Agreed, I purposely did not mention my MBB background since the reception on the FB board is to tell me to go back to the MBB board. But, yes light years ahead - and with today’s generation - the recruit is always in the center - LOL
I know this brings the usual lectures from the old guard here: how’s names shouldn’t be on uniforms - and recruits shouldn’t be in pictures with guys who earned it - it’s a team sport, etc - but the objective is to close the deal and wow talented guys who fit your profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Uninforned answer - other schools have much more memorable letters and fall under the same legal and NCAA rules. They have legal/compliance depts that clear their templates too. All kinds of studies show what’s visual gets marked in the brain /memory - an overload of words typically don’t met that threshold. Randy needs an offer letter redo.

So go make it happen - you have the connections, no?

Reaction Score

View attachment 57326
Yeah I think lose the manila folder to start, thats just too old fashion. Incorporate the checked four words into the body of the text. Unfortunately, we don't have the level of success in football along with the recruiting in trying to compare current recruits to past players but perhaps the program and Randy can market themselves in other ways. Like touting a national schedule...Definately incorporate the recruit in a UConn uni using his high school number somehow.

C

Chief00

So go make it happen - you have the connections, no?
We will see - Do you realize how hard the names on on the uniforms discussion was? Can’t say it went great - LOL. He feels it detracts from “team” identity.
Randy is a lot like some FB posters here are - he wants things the way things were. He feels there’s certain values associated with that - not saying there’s not - but I have a high level cursory exposure to marketing research over the years - and these long winded offer letters are not what catches the eye in a picture on social media.

Reaction Score
Now that there won't be a 2021 season, will we still follow the same recruiting guidelines that we followed before the pandemic? Will there still be an early signing period, then a later one in early February '21? Will there be special sanctions regarding eligibility for the kids here this year that may be in their final year of eligibility? How's it gonna work?

Reaction Score
Now that there won't be a 2021 season, will we still follow the same recruiting guidelines that we followed before the pandemic? Will there still be an early signing period, then a later one in early February '21? Will there be special sanctions regarding eligibility for the kids here this year that may be in their final year of eligibility? How's it gonna work?

I would think there needs to be a few more national dominoes (NCAA) to fall before you get finite answers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
AJ Barber - a nifty WR and son of Tiki opts for Princeton. AJ has been playing at Greenwich HS.

Reaction Score
I would think there needs to be a few more national dominoes (NCAA) to fall before you get finite answers.

Additional clarity coming in a few weeks...

>>Each division must determine no later than Aug. 14 the eligibility accommodations that must be made for student-athletes who opt out of participating this fall or for those whose seasons are canceled or cut short due to COVID-19. College athletes and their families must know what their eligibility status will be before beginning the fall season.<<

Reaction Score
Hope the kids are still able to have some sort of in depth scrimmages... Even though they're not playing against anybody... Maybe we can see some scrimmages and see how kids are developing...

Complete silence would be disappointing to diehards like myself.. Hope we get a Spring game in April (Or March, whenever in 2021.. Heck would be nice to get a "Fall" game)....

I still think it'd be pretty cool to have us scrimmage other local schools even though they might be a level or 2 below us... CCSU, Sacred Heart, Bryant... work with what you got... Everybody's in state, following protocol.... Thoughts??????

Reaction Score

>>The announcement didn’t deter future Huskies recruits from the Dallas area, including UConn’s top-rated pledge in 2021, Trophy Club Byron Nelson running back Max Modeste. He acknowledged the cancellation “wasn’t the best news,” but said he’s “110% committed to UConn.” “I’m focused on my high school season ahead of me to grow as a player then gladly take my game to UConn,” Modeste said in a text message to The Dallas Morning News. “Just a opportunity for the coaches and staff to be even more prepared for this 2021 class.”

Modeste’s current and future teammate, Byron Nelson offensive tackle Femi Sakiri, also re-affirmed his commitment to UConn. ‘With something that is not under their control such as the virus, shows how much they care for their players/students health to keep them safe with everything going on in the world,” Sakiri told The News.

DeSoto offensive tackle Yakiri Walker also told The News that his commitment to UConn hasn’t wavered in light of the announcement to cancel the 2020 season.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom