2021 Pre-Season Camp begins July 30th | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Pre-Season Camp begins July 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Very fast paced practice- saw punt blocking drills and lots of technique stuff. We have 5 very intriguing running backs, Clercius looked very good and the ball comes off Joe McFadden's foot very differently than anyone else we have had as kicker. He is special.

Reaction Score

Based on those small clips which mean nothing ... I'm going to stretch out on a limb and say Zergiotis still throws the ball way too high on simple out routes and way behind WR's on cross routes...who still have to make circus turns to catch the ball with no chance for YAC....and pose INT risks. Krajewski looks accurate and hits players under pressure right in the numbers. I'd like to think I'm reading into this wrong but Edsall doesn't have the best history of picking the most talented QB's to start and let that QB naturally evolve into a leader as we've seen over his tenure .... Edsall instead opts for immediate leaders regardless of talent level... example Mike Beaudry. This year sounds like its going to be much of the same so get ready for the QB merry-go-ground.

Aside from Edsall never being able to figure out the QB thing.... the defense and running game should be improved.

Reaction Score
Based on those small clips which mean nothing ... I'm going to stretch out on a limb and say Zergiotis still throws the ball way too high on simple out routes and way behind WR's on cross routes...who still have to make circus turns to catch the ball with no chance for YAC....and pose INT risks. Krajewski looks accurate and hits players under pressure right in the numbers. I'd like to think I'm reading into this wrong but Edsall doesn't have the best history of picking the most talented QB's to start and let that QB naturally evolve into a leader as we've seen over his tenure .... Edsall instead opts for immediate leaders regardless of talent level... example Mike Beaudry. This year sounds like its going to be much of the same so get ready for the QB merry-go-ground.

Aside from Edsall never being able to figure out the QB thing.... the defense and running game should be improved.
You hit the mail right on the head. It’s a shame because he has relented QB’s but plays too many mind game with them. Good luck to all four quarterbacks

Reaction Score
Based on those small clips which mean nothing ... I'm going to stretch out on a limb and say Zergiotis still throws the ball way too high on simple out routes and way behind WR's on cross routes...who still have to make circus turns to catch the ball with no chance for YAC....and pose INT risks.

Sorry but this is Nonsense. You can't tell any of that from these clips.

Reaction Score
I thought Pierce would be much further along by now. In high school he showed the rare abilty to bend and stay balanced at his size and speed. But for some reason it hasn't translated at Uconn yet. Hope it does soon.

Reaction Score
I thought Pierce would be much further along by now. In high school he showed the rare abilty to bend and stay balanced at his size and speed. But for some reason it hasn't translated at Uconn yet. Hope it does soon.
Giancarlo Esposito Ugh GIF by Team Coco

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He was undersized and got trucked on a consistent basis. He was the perfect kid that needed a reshirt- like 95% of the team. That isn't the issue now.

Reaction Score
. I'd like to think I'm reading into this wrong but Edsall doesn't have the best history of picking the most talented QB's to start and let that QB naturally evolve into a leader as we've seen over his tenure .... Edsall instead opts for immediate leaders regardless of talent level... example Mike Beaudry.
Pretty much true, but I do t think Randy picks for leadership or talent, as you stated. He selects based on who he can control the most.

Reaction Score
How are you this dumb? Lashlees up tempo three and outs gassed the D by the second quarter. Now go make me a pizza
Lashlee’s year and TJ’s head coach mini season were the only times we had an offense in the last decade. Actually, Lashlee put the ball in the end zone quickly and Randy blamed the issues of his hand picked D coordinator on him in upside down logic which somehow you believe.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gang, just FYI today is the in house scrimmage which will be run as a regular game. Tomorrow is a day off and then on Thursday prep for Fresno State should begin with installation of the offensive and defensive game plan. They are set to fly to Fresno on Thursday 8/26.

Reaction Score
Gang, just FYI today is the in house scrimmage which will be run as a regular game. Tomorrow is a day off and then on Thursday prep for Fresno State should begin with installation of the offensive and defensive game plan. They are set to fly to Fresno on Thursday 8/26.

Game week is really creeping up fast.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So, today's scrimmage should determine the starter. Coaches watch film and refine depth chart tomorrow. Thursday, all the players start their prep for their role against FSU.

Reaction Score
How are you this dumb? Lashlees up tempo three and outs gassed the D by the second quarter. Now go make me a pizza
Tempo is the key. Sometimes uptempo is the right call. Sometimes you need to take your time. Changing the tempo can actually be a weapon if used correctly. Lashlee’s approach basically requires a certain type of athlete, too. Don’t have ‘em and you can’t work it. We didn’t. Putting it into language Chief would understand it would be like trying to play fast breaking, pressing basketball with a team of Drummonds.

Reaction Score
You don't win any football games giving up over 8 yards/ carry. Diaco's recruiting was horrendous. Jeezus. We were bottom half CAA. Lashlee was always headed down south to where the talent is.
Guys travel for D1 head coach positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom