OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Utah and Memphis are talking a ton of trash at each other. Adds some interest to an otherwise forgettable 1/8 matchup between two small market teams.

The 8 seed taking game 1 doesn’t hurt.

All that Bouknight to Memphis talk might be obsolete, Brooks is balling and guys like Allen are doing well off the bench, I’m not sure they’ll need to go Guard there.

Reaction Score
And feels like every game a sniper shoots Lebron. Smh ......tired of his flopping ways
1621862286586.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Knicks just need a star player who flops.
Or one who plays at their best under tough circumstances. We needed Randle to be the solution, not part of the problem. Hope he has a bounce back game and maybe puts little Trae on his behind a few times in the paint.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Or one who plays at their best under tough circumstances. We needed Randle to be the solution, not part of the problem. Hope he has a bounce back game and maybe puts little Trae on his behind a few times in the paint.

I’m not a Knicks fan or a hater, but this is true. Randle was brutal and he was definitely forcing things. Knicks fans complaining about 1 call when it was reviewed and gets called constantly is true homerism.

Not saying I’d be happy as a fan, but that’s not why they lost. The game was theirs multiple times and they didn’t make plays, the Hawks did.

Reaction Score
I’m not a Knicks fan or a hater, but this is true. Randle was brutal and he was definitely forcing things. Knicks fans complaining about 1 call when it was reviewed and gets called constantly is true homerism.

Not saying I’d be happy as a fan, but that’s not why they lost. The game was theirs multiple times and they didn’t make plays, the Hawks did.
They lost because Randle was forcing things and had a brutal game. Play of the game was when Barrett should've had a steal and instead Bogdanovich drilled the three.

Reaction Score
They lost because yesterday was a showcase of their offensive weaknesses and why they're likely a far better regular-season team than they are a postseason team. You're going to struggle if Julius Randle is your best playmaker. Their offense is going to be a grind. They needed to address the PG situation but they didn't and now Rose is going to play 35 mpg a game because Payton is utterly useless and everyone has known it all season.

Randle was bad, but ATL deserves a lot of credit for how they defended him. They did a great job.

And one can't forget that it's a make or miss league. Both teams were cold, but the Knicks aren't even in that game if Burks didn't go off.

Reaction Score

Randle sucked ass, game really shouldn’t have been close to be honest. What fan base doesn’t complain about the refs the second after a playoff loss. Knicks choked and Hawks were clutch.

Reaction Score
Young, Capela, and Bogdanovicgh are match up nightmares, McMillan is a solid coach he outcoached Thibs.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Young, Capela, and Bogdanovicgh are match up nightmares, McMillan is a solid coach who he outcoached Thibs.
He outcoached Thibs? Did you even watch the game?

Reaction Score
They lost because Randle was forcing things and had a brutal game. Play of the game was when Barrett should've had a steal and instead Bogdanovich drilled the three.
Yeah, that was huge. As a Knicks fan, Bogdanovic is the guy that scares me the most on the Hawks. Incredible shot-maker, always seems to come up clutch. It's a tough backcourt to guard with him and Trae Young.

I thought Trae got some pretty weak calls down the stretch, with the drive on Barrett at the end being the most aggravating. Knicks challenged, but no way that was gonna get overturned.

Randle was tough to watch. Last play with .9 seconds was horrific.

Also, can't believe we wasted that Alec Burks game. He was going nuts.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Yep, agreed.

Reaction Score
He outcoached Thibs? Did you even watch the game?
Yes I did, and yes he outcoached Thibs. He started Frank McMillan constantly drew up better plays game planed to make Payton have to beat them, trapped Julius Randle, he is the main reason the Knicks lost btw.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
rough start for the Cs, they had their chance to make noise game 1, now I'm not sure they can avoid getting swept. But who knows.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wonder if the Mavericks can win game 2. Sorta doubt LAC has the testicular fortitude to come back from 0-2.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Drummond is literally pulling down every rebound. Looks like an absolute animal.

Reaction Score
Great, in addition to having to endure Kyrie's frontrunning and the false narrative that the Net won the KG trade b/c they'll probably make the finals due to free agent signings 7yrs later whilst the Celtics have been competitive throughout (tho never title contender like the Nets are), now Kyrie has to play the victim card and drop a racist stink-bomb narrative. We will get 2-3 days of people trying to dig up stories, re-hashing incidents.

Yes there are plenty of racists everywhere & Boston is a highly segregated city, liberal while avoiding any consequence. But this has nothing to do with basketball, or what happens on basketball courts. The fact is that Kyrie failed in Boston b/c he shrunk from the moment & wasn't capable of a leadership role. Now he's simultaneously throwing red meat to the media, making himself a victim and setting fans that boo him up as the bad guys. It BS, but in his defense it is smart spin if it works.

Reaction Score
Great, in addition to having to endure Kyrie's frontrunning and the false narrative that the Net won the KG trade b/c they'll probably make the finals due to free agent signings 7yrs later whilst the Celtics have been competitive throughout (tho never title contender like the Nets are), now Kyrie has to play the victim card and drop a racist stink-bomb narrative. We will get 2-3 days of people trying to dig up stories, re-hashing incidents.

Yes there are plenty of racists everywhere & Boston is a highly segregated city, liberal while avoiding any consequence. But this has nothing to do with basketball, or what happens on basketball courts. The fact is that Kyrie failed in Boston b/c he shrunk from the moment & wasn't capable of a leadership role. Now he's simultaneously throwing red meat to the media, making himself a victim and setting fans that boo him up as the bad guys. It BS, but in his defense it is smart spin if it works.
What a bunch of nonsense. If a Black athlete experiences racism from Boston fans or anywhere else they should be free to talk about it without a white dude getting in their feelings. The only one playing the victim here is you.

Reaction Score
The 2018 Draft class is having a hell of a first round. Doncic/Trae are stars, Aston & JPJ look well on their way, and then there’s other players out there looking like solid role players that contribute to winning.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
What a bunch of nonsense. If a Black athlete experiences racism from Boston fans or anywhere else they should be free to talk about it without a white dude getting in their feelings. The only one playing the victim here is you.
Sure I agree with you. IF there is a racist incident. What is the incident he's talking about?
Generally I'm in favor of any conversation about racism that educates and its certainly possible that reiterating to Boston fans that there is a racist incident history helps improve. This doesn't seem like that, particularly given Kyrie's boston experiences & general histrionic nature, but certainly a positive is possible

For me this is simpler and just about basketball and Kyrie didn't succeed at basketball in Boston so he's trying to create a narrative to distract, trying to minimize how badly he gets boo-'d. With no incident how is it any different than asking fans if they've stopped beating their wives?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom