OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Harden and kyrie falling apart on them is the only reason it’s not already over.

But it’s gut check time for the nets now

Clearly those injuries are helping things, though they did still lose with ONLY 2 superstars in game 3.

I think it's clear the Nets are better but getting some confidence going in MIL isn't great for the Nets. Now they have 2 guys injured and the spacing isn't as easy to navigate for Durant being the only superstar there.

He's yet to really play on a team without multiple big time offensive weapons helping ease the burden and open up the court (I'm not a Durant hater but that's just a fact).

Reaction Score
I lean towards a flagrant 1 for that, but the optics of winding up make that a pretty easy call to make it a flagrant 2
When a flagrant 1 call is so easy to make, as it was in that case, it makes it hard to argue against a flagrant 2.

Man, were the Suns a joy to watch last night. Chris Paul's midrange game was absurdly efficient (14-19, ZERO 3PA), Booker can do a little bit of everything on offense and I liked seeing him stick up for Payne.

It's the time of the playoffs where you see lunch pail guys like PJ Tucker, Jae Crowder and Royce O'Neale step up and show their value on winning teams.

Reaction Score
Chris Paul is looking HOF, always thought he was borderline, but damn he's PG personified. He knows when to shoot, when to pass, how to pace the game, how to lead and can take over (scoring/assists) when his team is not playing well. I used to not like him, but with age I luv a PG who is unselfish, but also can score.

As for PGs there may be better scorers, shooters, handlers, passers, etc.. But when all skills are combined, he's one of the best.
I see why they call him 'Point God'

I saw Booker in the Barclays against the Nets a couple of years ago, thought the kid was a gunner (he scored 40 but never seemed to pass). I really think CP3 has been a positive influence on him, leading to their success.

Add Monty Williams personal victories and I have begun rooting for the Suns. No superstars, no egos, just ballers playing team ball.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Chris Paul is looking HOF, always thought he was borderline, but damn he's PG personified. He knows when to shoot, when to pass, how to pace the game, how to lead and can take over (scoring/assists) when his team is not playing well. I used to not like him, but with age I luv a PG who is unselfish, but also can score.

As for PGs there may be better scorers, shooters, handlers, passers, etc.. But when all skills are combined, he's one of the best.

I saw Booker in the Barclays against the Nets a couple of years ago, thought the kid was a gunner (he scored 40 but never seemed to pass). I really think CP3 has been a positive influence on him, leading to their success.

Add Monty Williams personal victories and I have begun rooting for the Suns. No superstars, no egos, just ballers playing team ball.

Right now, Chris Paul is playing as well as any point guard I have ever seen. Depending on how far Phoenix goes, this season may go down in history for Paul.

The only asterisk is that neither team he has beaten so far was at close to full strength.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I cant find the clip of that ridiculous fake pass play into a tear drop. Anyone?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

He’s a top 3 pg all time.

The fact that he’s doing despite being so little is incredible

Reaction Score
CP3 is great (duh), but I'm not going to go crazy after he lit up a starting backcourt of Facundo Campazzo and Austin Rivers lol. These two dudes shouldn't even be in the league, let alone starting in the conference semis. Last round vs LAL CP3 posted 9/3/8 on .386 / .200 / .750.

NBA fans and media are so damn reactionary.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CP3 is great (duh), but I'm not going to go crazy after he lit up a starting backcourt of Facundo Campazzo and Austin Rivers lol. These two dudes shouldn't even be in the league, let alone starting in the conference semis. Last round vs LAL CP3 posted 9/3/8 on .386 / .200 / .750.

Against LAL, he had a busted wing. I think so many people appreciate this performance because it is so unlike the usual (boring) 3pt flurries of other superstars. Just beautiful fundamental basketball

the Q

Reaction Score

I’m wondering what happened to monte Morris.

Why wasn’t he staring?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Yeah he’s already a HOFer but spare me the “best PG of all time” nonsense when this is the first year his team has gotten deep and it’s against a bunch of injured teams.

He’s been a top notch PG and HOFer for years but he’s not top 3 all time.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah he’s already a HOFer but spare me the “best PG of all time” nonsense when this is the first year his team has gotten deep and it’s against a bunch of injured teams.

He’s been a top notch PG and HOFer for years but he’s not top 3 all time.

The rockets were a cp3 injury from being the only team to ever defeat a healthy warriors

Reaction Score
I cant find the clip of that ridiculous fake pass play into a tear drop. Anyone?
Loved that play.

Was that definitely an intentional play or just a really cool adjustment on the fly?

Reaction Score
He’s a top 3 pg all time.

The fact that he’s doing despite being so little is incredible
Are we not including Oscar Robertson and Jerry West point guards? They are certainly better than Chris Paul along with Magic and Curry. Paul is up there but he's in the group with Isiah Thomas, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Gary Payton, and Stockton. Different time period but I don't understand why Bob Cousy isn't up near the very top on these lists, Walt Clyde Frazier also seems criminally underrated.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
We thinking Hawks and Clippers tonight?

Reaction Score
Hilarious that Haralabos Voulgaris is apparently causing strife within the Mavs organization, dude was such an arrogant jack*** on twitter and infiltrated his way onto sports media platforms like he was some basketball expert. When people complain about "analytics, he's the posterboy for the type of characters that ex-players and coaches hate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hilarious that Haralabos Voulgaris is apparently causing strife within the Mavs organization, dude was such an arrogant jack*** on twitter and infiltrated his way onto sports media platforms like he was some basketball expert. When people complain about "analytics, he's the posterboy for the type of characters that ex-players and coaches hate.

I'm sure there's some truth to this guy being a dee-bag, but the notion that it'd threaten Luka signing a max extension is ridiculous. The media is so brutal lol. Dallas will just fire the guy if he's that big of a problem.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's some truth to this guy being a dee-bag, but the notion that it'd threaten Luka signing a max extension is ridiculous. The media is so brutal lol. Dallas will just fire the guy if he's that big of a problem.
I mean it seems pretty obvious that some of this is coming from Luka's camp to get rid of this clown

Reaction Score
Dwight Howard looks totally ridiculous, dude seems to have the emotional maturity of a 10 year old.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

How was this guy hired in the first place? Sometimes Mark Cuban seems like more of a parody than Russ Hanneman.from Silicon Valley, who actually is a parody of Cuban.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom