OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
I don't understand what Monty Williams is doing. Is Chris Paul too hurt to play? Why no Ayton the whole third quarter?

Reaction Score
I don't understand what Monty Williams is doing. Is Chris Paul too hurt to play? Why no Ayton the whole third quarter?
I’ve been flipping back and forth but saw Ayton point to his shoulder and ask to come out. So maybe he was trying to save both from having to play.

Reaction Score
That was hilarious. LeBron thought he got fouled, so just stayed down the other half of the court to talk to the ref. Lakers got the ball, he went and drove and scored. And then stayed at that basket again to talk to the ref again while his team played 4v5 for 2 straight possessions.

Reaction Score
That was hilarious. LeBron thought he got fouled, so just stayed down the other half of the court to talk to the ref. Lakers got the ball, he went and drove and scored. And then stayed at that basket again to talk to the ref again while his team played 4v5 for 2 straight possessions.
He's a baby, they had the game in that 12 point range so he didn't quit and walk to the tunnel halfway through the 4th quarter like the last game but still...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My take on the Lakers basically comes down to about what you would expect when one of your two top 5 players in the world goes down half way through the series. Their role players aren't good enough to withstand that loss. People are forgetting how good the Suns are, second best regular season team in the west.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why would anyone go play for Vogel after he publicly humiliated Drummond like that? Drummond doesn't get the ball but still only goes -8 in a 30 point loss in game 5, and then Vogel leaks that Drummond is the problem and won't play in game 6. The Lakers get their doors blown off in an elimination game, but Vogel still maintains his temper tantrum and doesn't play Drummond a single minute.

Apparently Drummond wasn't the problem, but there is a pretty good chance that Vogel is.

Reaction Score
Saw this intriguing info:

1622801797347.png

Reaction Score
The Dame to Lakers talk will begin.
Always talk of players to the Lakers, but I just can't see how they can get him. The Lakers have nothing to trade, their cap situation is decidedly not good, and Dame is starting a Supermax.

The Nets at least had something to work with...

Reaction Score
Drummond is a problem for the Lakers - clogs the lane and is one dimensional - he's just hasn't evolved his game to be a threat beyond a foot and a half and that is not good the way the game is played today. His career shot chart is almost entirely inside the circle. He's not better than the league average inside there either, forget anything outside of there.
I'm well aware of Drummonds limitations as a player. Just having fun with Nelson because I know how much he loves big men.

Scrolling through the thread I see he is blaming Vogel for his treatment of Drummond. I bet most of Lakers land is mad at him for not making the adjustment earlier.
This lakers team on paper is MUCH better than last years championship team.
That sure seemed to be the sentiment going into the season, but obviously it didn't play out that way. AD and LeBron were obviously shells of themselves, but the supporting cast didn't step up at all. Kuzma seems to have regressed this year and Schroder disappeared in the playoffs, rondo has been missed. One bright spot for the Lakers is him turning down that 4yr/84mil offer.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fun fact: Phoenix has a center and he played great in the series.

Reaction Score
It’s not drummond’s fault the Lakers lost the series and it turned out not to be a good idea to give him a DNP in game six but the bottom line is he doesn’t help his teams win and his stats never mean anything. Great rebounder but to be honest he has never improved on any other part of his game and he’s overweight. His value is very low going forward.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Someone get Kyle Kuzma a suitcase and a one way ticket out of LA ASAP. Thanks.

I never understood why he was the guy the lakers insisted on keeping out of all their dudes after getting ad. They play the same position.

And then giving him a big money extension.

the Q

Reaction Score
This lakers team on paper is MUCH better than last years championship team.

But games aren’t played on paper, they are played on TV sets...

Reaction Score
Lakers are in a tough spot. Limited assets, now their contracts have caught up to them. They’re at cap almost with 5 players & have Harrell, Caruso, Horton, Drummond & Schroder all free agents. The players obviously didn’t mesh, but they’re also the guys they’ll likely have to pursue as they will be the only ones that fit with the Cap now.
If bron didn’t sign that extension, this is the salary cap hell he puts teams in before he usually jumps to another team

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Why would anyone go play for Vogel after he publicly humiliated Drummond like that? Drummond doesn't get the ball but still only goes -8 in a 30 point loss in game 5, and then Vogel leaks that Drummond is the problem and won't play in game 6. The Lakers get their doors blown off in an elimination game, but Vogel still maintains his temper tantrum and doesn't play Drummond a single minute.

Apparently Drummond wasn't the problem, but there is a pretty good chance that Vogel is.
Vogel's coaching in this series was very questionable...alot of minutes for Marc Gasol who is HORRIBLE and limited minutes for Drummond in game 6 and Montrezl throughout.

Reaction Score
My take on the Lakers basically comes down to about what you would expect when one of your two top 5 players in the world goes down half way through the series. Their role players aren't good enough to withstand that loss. People are forgetting how good the Suns are, second best regular season team in the west.
The Suns are a good young team but they shouldn't be able to curb stomp the Lakers like that. Regular season is totally different than playoffs and CP3, Crowder, and Torrey Craig are the only guys on the roster with any playoff experience and CP3 is hobbled.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The Suns are a good young team but they shouldn't be able to curb stomp the Lakers like that. Regular season is totally different than playoffs and CP3, Crowder, and Torrey Craig are the only guys on the roster with any playoff experience and CP3 is hobbled.
Devin Booker and Ayton are why they won the series. Absolute young soon to be forces in the league.

Reaction Score
Devin Booker and Ayton are why they won the series. Absolute young soon to be forces in the league.
Need to get through the Nuggets who start a backcourt of a 30 year old rookie named Campazzo and Austin Rivers who was out of the league before the Nuggets picked him up.

the Q

Reaction Score

The suns show how you can make a few bone headed moves and still be a contender

It would be cool if cp3 finally won it, even if this isn’t close to his best team ever

Reaction Score
Vogel's coaching in this series was very questionable...alot of minutes for Marc Gasol who is HORRIBLE and limited minutes for Drummond in game 6 and Montrezl throughout.
All 3 of those guys were mostly horrible (esp defensively) when given a turn after the other guys had been horrible. Vogel was late to make adjustments and not good, but why the Lakers needed THREE stationary centers that cannot defend outside of the paint is beyond comprehension. The ongoing subplot that AD is a 4 has always been at least half crapola and helped undermine the Lakers this year and the Pels many years.

But if LeBron & AD get healthy the Lakers will be fine and contend, just not as prohibitive favorites anymore. Kuzcma is a trade piece, Horton-Tucker is coming along and they can add shooters on the cheap.

I've not idea who is going to come out of the West and that makes it as interesting as they Bucks-Nets which is definitely the de-facto championship (assuming Embid is compromised going forward) at this point.

the Q

Reaction Score
All 3 of those guys were mostly horrible (esp defensively) when given a turn after the other guys had been horrible. Vogel was late to make adjustments and not good, but why the Lakers needed THREE stationary centers that cannot defend outside of the paint is beyond comprehension. The ongoing subplot that AD is a 4 has always been at least half crapola and helped undermine the Lakers this year and the Pels many years.

But if LeBron & AD get healthy the Lakers will be fine and contend, just not as prohibitive favorites anymore. Kuzcma is a trade piece, Horton-Tucker is coming along and they can add shooters on the cheap.

I've not idea who is going to come out of the West and that makes it as interesting as they Bucks-Nets which is definitely the de-facto championship (assuming Embid is compromised going forward) at this point.

It was surpassing that the lakers spent so much time on centers similar to the guys they benched last year to win a title.

You need a beefy center for certain matchups (like embiid). But in the playoffs going lame with these midget lineups seems to be the thing.

It’s horrible to watch imo as I adore the great art of big center basketball.

But it is what it is at this point

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone tell me why giving over the UConn MBB program to Drummond back then was such a good idea?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom