2021 class ratings | The Boneyard

2021 class ratings

Reaction Score

UConn 3, NC 2 SC1. Currently having problem with link

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm still having difficulty accepting the new HG rankings. I can see S.C. as having the #1 class, but based on Rivers, not Johnson.

I don't see N.C. as #2.

Are we the only school listed in the running for Azzi Fudd? :)

Reminder that S.C. had a great class in 2009, but 1-player class in 2010, I believe. As I recall, we have a large and talented class in 2010, as well as in 2011.

Reaction Score
I'm still having difficulty accepting the new HG rankings. I can see S.C. as having the #1 class, but based on Rivers, not Johnson.

I don't see N.C. as #2.

Are we the only school listed in the running for Azzi Fudd? :)

Reminder that S.C. had a great class in 2009, but 1-player class in 2010, I believe. As I recall, we have a large and talented class in 2010, as well as in 2011.

A Vol posted a composite before the Hoopgurlz "update." It had SCar as number one unless UConn signs Azi.

If someone did a new composite with the "updated" Hoopgurlz, that might or might not be the case. The numbers might give SCar the edge even if UConn gets Azi.

I think, based on Hoopgurlz, Scar's recruits will have a better average ranking than UConn with Azi. Of course, ESPN's hype machine will promote SCar as having the number one class (since ESPN runs Hoopgurlz and the SEC network). Possible the just refer to UCONN and Scar as the top 2 classes but that aint ESPN's style.

SCAR.............................................................................................................UCONN
Raven 2.........................................................................................................Azi 1
Rivers 3......................................................................................................... Ducharme 5
Feagan 4...................................................................................................... DeBerry 15
Hall 14.......................................................................................................... Poffenberg 30

Average Ranking 5.75........................................................................... Average Ranking 12.75

Not saying it's right, we just all know how ESPN operates.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington at #16? :cool: I can't even remember the last time they had a ranked class.

Reaction Score
SCar/UCONN Rankings based on composite rankings of five services: (With Azi as a Husky signee)

Azi: Average ranking : 1
DeBerry average ranking: 6
Poffenberg average ranking: 13
Ducharme average ranking: 13.2
Team average ranking: 8.3

Rivers average ranking: 3.2
Feagan average ranking: 9.4
R. Johnson average ranking: 17.2
Bree Hall average ranking 37.8
Team average ranking: 16.9

But ESPN won't talk bout composite rankings. They will tout the Hoopgurlz.

I'm trying not to "joust" so I won't discuss the ESPN/SEC conspiracy theories.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope we get to play the Gamecocks this season. I just want to beat them so badly. I’d prefer to beat them any day over ND, TENN, and Baylor.
Of course I would love to play and beat them, but the team I most love to slaughter is Tennessee. SC and ND are just slightly lower on my list of teams to open a can of whoop-ass on! :D

Reaction Score
Of course I would love to play and beat them, but the team I most love to slaughter is Tennessee. SC and ND are just slightly lower on my list of teams to open a can of whoop-ass on! :D

I'd rather us beat UConn by one point than "open a can of 40 point whoop-ass" on Tennessee or anybody else But I get your point. I dislike Tennessee in all sports more than anybody but Clempsun.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd rather us beat UConn by one point than "open a can of 40 point whoop-ass" on Tennessee or anybody else But I get your point. I dislike Tennessee in all sports more than anybody but Clempsun.
True. Against really good teams like SC or Stanford or any of the other top 5 teams in any given year, a win is the most important, but from a "I hate them" perspective, beating the snot out of what I consider to be a "not that good" Tennessee team gives me the most pleasure. There is no team in WCBB, in fact in all of sports, that I despise more than Tennesse and it's not even close.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
True. Against really good teams like SC or Stanford or any of the other top 5 teams in any given year, a win is the most important, but from a "I hate them" perspective, beating the snot out of what I consider to be a "not that good" Tennessee team gives me the most pleasure. There is no team in WCBB, in fact in all of sports, that I despise more than Tennesse and it's not even close.

Beating ND with Muffet as coach was the true Apex. Now, SC has taken over my wish list.

Reaction Score
Beating ND with Muffet as coach was the true Apex. Now, SC has taken over my wish list.

While it may not have been intended to produce such a result, such a feeling among UConn fans is the highest compliments our team can have.

Yeah I know it is directed at our Johnny-come-lately, wannabee climber fans to .;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While it may not have been intended to produce such a result, such a feeling among UConn fans is the highest compliments our team can have.

Yeah I know it is directed at our Johnny-come-lately, wannabee climber fans to .;)
Don’t get cocky....;)
ND beat UConn 13 times.
SC has beaten UConn once.

Dawn needs to chalk up a few more wins vs Geno before Husky fans feel quite the same way about the rivalry with the Gamecocks as they do about the Irish.

Reaction Score
Don’t get cocky....;)
ND beat UConn 13 times.
SC has beaten UConn once.

Dawn needs to chalk up a few more wins vs Geno before Husky fans feel quite the same way about the rivalry with the Gamecocks as they do about the Irish.

I guess my "Johnny-come-lately, wannabee climber fans" statement wasn't enough. My bad.

Sheesh. Tough crowd.

Reaction Score
Isn't this a crappy way to rank recruiting classes? Shouldn't ESPN give weighted ranks to the players? Such as 50 points for a #1 recruit, 30 points for #2-$5, 25 for #6-#10, and 10 for #11-20? That sort of thing?

It is just not credible when they simply add up the number of players ranked in total and give the team with the most the highest ranking. Only five players on the court at a time.

OK, tell me what I'm missing....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Isn't this a crappy way to rank recruiting classes? Shouldn't ESPN give weighted ranks to the players? Such as 50 points for a #1 recruit, 30 points for #2-$5, 25 for #6-#10, and 10 for #11-20? That sort of thing?

It is just not credible when they simply add up the number of players ranked in total and give the team with the most the highest ranking. Only five players on the court at a time.

OK, tell me what I'm missing....

5000 points for National Gatorade Player of the Year. :)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Class rankings are usually extremely overrated considering they always favor quantity over quantity and half of the kids usually transfer anyway. SC in 2019 looks like the exception to this rule (so far..)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Class rankings are usually extremely overrated considering they always favor quantity over quantity and half of the kids usually transfer anyway. SC in 2019 looks like the exception to this rule (so far..)

I agree.

Except in the cases of Prospects Nation and ASGR who gave UConn the #1 class in 2020. Those aren't overrated. :cool:

Reaction Score

Totally agree.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That school at #2 ??

doc.gif

Washington at #16? :cool: I can't even remember the last time they had a ranked class.

Remember what i said earlier... you can thank Coach Lawson by sending down some apples, salmon, and cherries...... send them to me.... and I'll make sure she receives them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Raven Johnson is really the #2 player in the class? I don't quite see it
I'm suspicious of ESPN entire top 10 to be honest with you and that includes #1 (the player that should not be named). If Caroline and Raven can rise to # 2 and number #5 respectively based on recent played then surely that player at #1 should have dropped due to the injury and recent play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom