2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The interesting thing about her is that she is about the tallest person on her team in addition to being the best so she kind of plays position 1-5. Perfect player for Geno's theory on positionless basketball.
Tallest and best on her team. Sounds like her friend pictured here. (In case you can't see her face, that's a thinner, freshman Saylor, playing for the Middletown Knights.)

1585944900484.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL. Have you seen any of the threads earlier before Megan left debating the starters for next year? There was some consensus, but a great deal of disagreement about whether or not Paige would start over Anna or Evina.

Barring anyone leaving early like Megan did, the best most of us can do for now is give the list of players we will have based on years eligibility...

SR: none
JR: Westbrook, Williams, Nelson-Ododa
SO: Griffin, Makurat
FR: Bueckers, Muhl, McLean, Gabriel, Edwards
2021: DeBerry, Poffenbarger, Ducharme
2022: Brady

I expect Geno to land at least 1 more in 2021. It is logical to think that IF he lands Fudd, that completely changes who would be a starter going forward. HOWEVER... Given that we have no seniors next year, I would GUESS starters for the next 2 years will be:

Bueckers, Westbrook, Williams, Makurat, Nelson-Ododa...

22-23 is when the starting lineups could become a problem but a nice problem if all pans out.
1. Ice, Deberry, Edwards and Paith should all be in the rotation at 4/5 spots.
2. Aubrey, Saylor, Caroline and Mir at the 3/4 spot.
3. Anna, Paige, Mir, 2 spot.
4.Paige, Anna and Nika Pg.

So many potential combos from this group. Should be a nice healthy competition for minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After watching a bunch of film of Caroline today, there is certainly a lot to love about her game. But the one thing I find most intriguing is that on several occasions, when she’s guarded at the arc, Caroline puts the ball on the floor and moves backwards, until she is so far behind the arc that her defender eventually backs off, thinking she’ll never shoot the ball from that far out, at which point, she fires away from Steph Curry range and hits nothing but net. This young lady has “sick” shooting range.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Once again we have 10 players who could all start for any team in WCBB. We will also have a second string that could be ranked in the top 10 or top 5. This is gonna be alot of fun.

Sure, they have not even played a single college game, and some not even a single game in their senior year in high school and the second strings could be ranked in the top 10, top 5? That's such BS. Geno was asked by Lobo on IG where would he ranks Paige 3-4 years from now in the Uconn players bracket, and he said I don't know.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Sure, they have not even played a single college game, and some not even a single game in their senior year in high school and the second strings could be ranked in the top 10, top 5? That's such BS. Geno was asked by Lobo on IG where would he ranks Paige 3-4 years from now in the Uconn players bracket, and he said I don't know.
Gotta agree with you pv however I try to look ahead and I see the potental and I see the coaching staff and I see what has happened over the past 25 years and I see great things coming. With their talent, and with our coaching and with so many top players....well I dont see how we can miss. Geno was asked and played his cards right like he always does. I will say this. This team over the next 6 years is going to be almost unstoppable. Next year may be the only year where opponents can have a chance. After that it should be lights out barring any injuries and transfers of key players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One interesting thing - both Brady and now Ducharme have gone on record saying UCONN was their dream school since an early age. Seems like the next generation has really been paying attention to the current generation!

Saylor and Anna too. :)

We got some real hardcore huskies.

Reaction Score
One interesting thing - both Brady and now Ducharme have gone on record saying UCONN was their dream school since an early age. Seems like the next generation has really been paying attention to the current generation!
It's nice to hear, but how many of our transfers have said the same thing in the past? How many transfers from other schools have said the same thing about the school from which they are transferring? For example, Tennessee.

Reaction Score
When DT, Tina, Maya and Breanna committed to UConn they also have never play a single college game too. I don't see what are your questions.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Naming the starter kind of misses the point, which is these teams will run deep in talent.
Depth Chart. The first name listed is my projected starter and this depth only includes the committed players.

21/22
C: Olivia/Paith
PF: Aaliyah/Amari
SF: Evina*/Anna/Aubrey/Mir
SG: Christyn/Saylor/Caroline
PG: Paige/Nika

22/23
C: Amari/Paith
PF:Ice/Mir
SF:Aaliyah/Anna*/Aubrey
SG:Saylor/Caroline

* Indicates the player has an option to turn prior to the start of this season.
I think Nika is the only player who can't play more than 1 position. She's basically a PG and that's it. I think Mir is almost certainly a SF at the next level, but SG or PF is possible. Saylor is likely a SG, SF, or PF at the next level. She plays both C and PG in high school. I think Geno could put her anywhere in a pinch. Everyone else seems to have

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After watching a bunch of film of Caroline today, there is certainly a lot to love about her game. But the one thing I find most intriguing is that on several occasions, when she’s guarded at the arc, Caroline puts the ball on the floor and moves backwards, until she is so far behind the arc that her defender eventually backs off, thinking she’ll never shoot the ball from that far out, at which point, she fires away from Seth Curry range and hits nothing but net. This young lady has “sick” shooting range.
Well, look at who her friends are.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Naming the starter kind of misses the point, which is these teams will run deep in talent.
Depth Chart. The first name listed is my projected starter and this depth only includes the committed players.

21/22
C: Olivia/Paith
PF: Aaliyah/Amari
SF: Evina*/Anna/Aubrey/Mir
SG: Christyn/Saylor/Caroline

22/23
C: Amari/Paith
PF:Ice/Mir
SF:Aaliyah/Anna*/Aubrey
SG:Saylor/Caroline

* Indicates the player has an option to turn pro prior to the start of this season.
Coco, I know this is being picky. Her name is spelled Piath, not Paith. We need to spell UConn's recruits names correctly or we may hurt their feelings:p.

Reaction Score
When DT, Tina, Maya and Breanna committed to UConn they also have never play a single college game too. I don't see what are your questions.

Yeah, sure, it is easy to look back to something that already happens and predict the outcome.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“I really did put the time in and looked at a lot of other schools and I just kept coming back to UConn,” Ducharme said. “Now to finally have done it and know it’s truly the best place for me, it’s the best feeling.”

Ducharme appreciated the straightforward approach legendary UConn coach Geno Auriemma showed her during her recruitment and Ducharme believes her versatility, tenacious work ethic and high basketball IQ will make her a strong fit with the Huskies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Boston Globe Interview with Caroline.

Take us through the timeline of when you made the decision.

I wasn’t planning on committing [Thursday]. I was planning on May, June area. But then with all this quarantine stuff you have time to just think and weigh your options. I figured nothing is going to change between now and May and knew everything I needed to know. I had a call with [coach Geno Auriemma] in the morning and I wasn’t planning on doing anything. After that I talked to my parents [Todd and Chrissy], my high school coach [Alex Gallagher], my AAU coach [Thomas Davis/New York City Exodis], then called him back. I just figured, why not do it now?

You’re the third commit in UConn’s 2021 class, joining Amari DeBerry and Saylor Poffenbarger. What is the lure to play with them?

I’ve been close friends with Saylor and Paige [Bueckers] for a while. Knowing them and knowing Amari throughout the whole AAU circuit, and lot of the 2020s [commits] I played against. They all play so hard. They play so versatile. When I watched them play, I knew those were the girls that on and off the court I’d want to spend my time with and play with.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Boston Globe Interview with Caroline.

Take us through the timeline of when you made the decision.

I wasn’t planning on committing [Thursday]. I was planning on May, June area. But then with all this quarantine stuff you have time to just think and weigh your options. I figured nothing is going to change between now and May and knew everything I needed to know. I had a call with [coach Geno Auriemma] in the morning and I wasn’t planning on doing anything. After that I talked to my parents [Todd and Chrissy], my high school coach [Alex Gallagher], my AAU coach [Thomas Davis/New York City Exodis], then called him back. I just figured, why not do it now?

You’re the third commit in UConn’s 2021 class, joining Amari DeBerry and Saylor Poffenbarger. What is the lure to play with them?

I’ve been close friends with Saylor and Paige [Bueckers] for a while. Knowing them and knowing Amari throughout the whole AAU circuit, and lot of the 2020s [commits] I played against. They all play so hard. They play so versatile. When I watched them play, I knew those were the girls that on and off the court I’d want to spend my time with and play with.
Another assist for Ms Bueckers.....

Reaction Score
IMO, Geno still needs to land Azzi to win a Title in the next few years. SC will be dominant for the next few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom