2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@cancontent In case you were wondering (I'm sure you were) despite their name.. neither Georgia Tech nor Florida State are Land-Grants. :cool:

Florida State is #19. Very veteran team with 11 juniors and seniors. They also have two top 50 recruits. Interesting team to watch this season.

I didn't realize they return their top 8 players. Imma have to put them in my top 4 in my ACC predicted order of finish.

Reaction Score
@cancontent In case you were wondering (I'm sure you were) despite their name.. neither Georgia Tech nor Florida State are Land-Grants. :cool:

I didn't realize they return their top 8 players. Imma have to put them in my top 4 in my ACC predicted order of finish.
Darn it! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of things!

And the grief I get about the metric system from my American friends (not on the BY)..................sheesh!
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Apple TV

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn it! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of things!

And the grief I get about the metric system from my American friends (not on the BY)..................sheesh!
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Apple TV

I like the metric system, especially when someone asks me my weight :cool:

Reaction Score
I see they return all of their starters. Louisville and NC. State are the only ACC schools left to be ranked.
Florida State is #19. Very veteran team with 11 juniors and seniors. They also have two top 50 recruits. Interesting team to watch this season.
Unless they're giving a lot of weight to the return of FSU's head coach, ranking them above GT and VT (and maybe even ND) doesn't make much sense.
Last season they split with Clemson,Miami,and WF,lost to ND and lost twice to GT who also return all of their starters. NC State and Louisville are the top two but after that is anybody's guess. GT,VT,FSU,ND,NC,Duke and Miami are all in the mix.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Unless they're giving a lot of weight to the return of FSU's head coach, ranking them above GT and VT (and maybe even ND) doesn't make much sense.
Last season they split with Clemson,Miami,and WF,lost to ND and lost twice to GT who also return all of their starters. NC State and Louisville are the top two but after that is anybody's guess. GT,VT,FSU,ND,NC,Duke and Miami are all in the mix.

Remember last year they played while their head coach was taking a one year sabbatical. Semaru is back this season, so that will help alot.

Reaction Score
Still confused on what the extra teams from the BiG and B12 will be -- are Rutgers and WV really going to be top 15? If not them, then who? Ohio St?

(Iowa, Indi, Md, Mich & Bay, IaSt are of course in)

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Still confused on what the extra teams from the BiG and B12 will be -- are Rutgers and WV really going to be top 15? If not them, then who? Ohio St?

(Iowa, Indi, Md, Mich & Bay, IaSt are of course in)
The AP voters seemed pretty high on Ohio State, so I'd predict them over Rutgers. (Not saying I'd put either team in the top 15 myself, but if I had to choose...)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow. They mention Andrea Aquino several times in the write up for Oregon St. There is no reason to think she will ever play there (medical condition). That's some really ace reporting. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wow. They mention Andrea Aquino several times in the write up for Oregon St. There is no reason to think she will ever play there (medical condition). That's some really ace reporting. :rolleyes:
Glad it wasn't me wondering where this was coming from.

Reaction Score
ACC folks: is Roby from Miami a significant transfer?

Paty plus guards may keep TAMU in NCAAs but this is program maybe that has most room to slip.
Roby is a great Offensive board rebounder but not a big scorer. She is a bit slow to get up court leaving others to often have to defend in the paint w/o her. I like her overall but she frequently got in to early foul trouble and that limited her minutes. She seemed unable to adjust her game to stay out of foul trouble.

That being said,if she is coming off the bench she could be a real asset for TAMU

Reaction Score
I never thought of WVU as being the 15th best team in the country. We'll see.
For good reason. There are easily 4 or 5 teams in the ACC, PAC-12, BIG TEN, SEC that are better. Then add in the obvious BIG EAST team or two and several from smaller conferences and the fact that they are only the 3rd or 4th best team in their own weak conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom