2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44

Reaction Score
Let alone 6 SEC Teams. Did everyone just miss that Georgia essentially returns everyone?
I thought that too, though the writeup says two of the starters are gone.

Note this means that they likely have LSU higher than Ga.

Reaction Score

Not trying to be a SEC homer or superfan but the media slights to UGA are easily going to be one of the biggest misses from preseason to conference play — this team returns its two most important players, adds a pair of McDonald’s HS AAs, and maintains most of last year’s role players as well.

I’m not saying to pencil in Georgia for the E8 or anything but any rankings outside the top 15-20, hypothetical or not, just seem lazy and shortsighted. The Dawgs were a 3-seed in the tourney and got better in the off-season so I’m not sure why I’ve seen a number of smaller media outlets floating them around 9th in the SEC.

Reaction Score

Kim very well may work a miracle but thats quite high expectations for a coach taking over a team who won 9 games last year. We also lost Moon Ursin last minute due to focusing on her studies (headed to Tulane) and its not even confirmed at this point Morris is eligible. I'm a bit on the conservative side given they are changing every aspect on offense and defense. Will they be improved? Absolutely. Some are putting some very lofty expectations out there given the makeup of the current team. Nikki didn't recruit at all for years and the roster has to be flipped over at this point.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't be CSM if it didn't have some completely mystifying choices. UGA outside the top 25 is certainly one.

Reaction Score
Georgia 31

what am I missing? Why is everyone so down on the Dawgs?
The big question is. Why everyone is so high on Kentucky, A&M, and Arkansas. I can say LSU as well. But LSU should definitely behind UGA. But they should be trending upward. Not as high as everyone thinks. But at least where they have Georgia at now should be LSU.

Reaction Score
SEC (9) -- 44 MsSt, 36 Miss, 31 Ga
. So Car, Tenn, TAMU, Ky / Ark, LSU?
ACC (7) -- 39 Duke
. NCSt, Lou, GaT / VT, ND, UNC?
PAC (7) -- 43 Col, 40 AzSt
. Stan, Ore, UCLA, Ariz / OreSt?
BiG (7) -- 37 MichSt, 35 NWern
. Md, Iowa, Mich, Indi / RU ?
B12 (5) -- 41 OkSt, 34 Tex
. Bay, IaSt / WV ?
BgE (3) -- 42 Marq
. UConn / DeP?
WCC (2) -- 38 Gonz, 32 BYU
Oth (4) -- 33 FGCU, 30 MoSt

. / USF, UCF ?

(to the left of the "/" are sure things)
I also just noticed this about the SEC. Miss. St. is noted as the #9, but there’s not a #8 team. Georgia is #6 and Ole Miss is #7. That may mean the #9 was a typo and should’ve been #8, which would increase the “others” to 7.

Reaction Score
I also just noticed this about the SEC. Miss. St. is noted as the #9, but there’s not a #8 team. Georgia is #6 and Ole Miss is #7. That may mean the #9 was a typo and should’ve been #8, which would increase the “others” to 7.
Unless lol the team that is projected to be #8 is in the top 28 lol. Probably not likely.

Reaction Score
This a generously optimistic outlook on a team that tanked really hard in the latter half of last season.
It is a bit of a head scratcher. Tanked has a different connotation to me nowadays though. Most take the term tanking as losing intentionally lately.

Didn't think that was the case with DePaul. They just seemed to struggle as a whole.

I thought Tekia Mack was transferring to DePaul this year from what I recall. She's not listed on their roster however. Does anyone have any insight/knowledge as to what may have happened?

Reaction Score
Really shocking that DePaul is the second Big East Team, and Seton Hall doesn’t even make the top 44 despite their third place finish and major contributors returning.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We've got DePaul at #28. Now to see where UConn gets ranked as the final Big East team out of the 3.

giphy.gif

No need to comment Plebe :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Depaul, South Florida....... I guess they will put the Tarheels at #26

Reaction Score
Interesting ranking for Virginia Tech. Would have thought they would have been at least in the top 25 based on how they finished their season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting ranking for Virginia Tech. Would have thought they would have been at least in the top 25 based on how they finished their season.

I hope its not the case of Land Grant disrespect. But anyway...their biggest issue is front court depth... they had a 6'5 transfer from WVU but she is out for the season with a ACL tear.

Reaction Score
I hope its not the case of Land Grant disrespect. But anyway...their biggest issue is front court depth... they had a 6'5 transfer from WVU but she is out for the season with a ACL tear.

What exactly does this term mean? Does this tie into it being a state funded school or a land lease agreement when the school was founded? I've never heard the term used here in Canada with our universities.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What exactly does this term mean? Does this tie into it being a state funded school or a land lease agreement when the school was founded? I've never heard the term used here in Canada with our universities.

Well its usually a Public School that was created to focus on studies like engineering, agriculture, science, architecture, the vet sciences. Typically they are the leading blue-collar public schools, the schools for the common folk, the salt of the earth citizens. So instead of the uppity people that go to schools like UVA, UNC, Ole Miss, and U of South Carolina.... the land grants of VPI, NC State, Miss State, and Clemson are the schools for the down to earth types. The Uppity Flagships look down on the Land Grants.... as Moo U's.

If you want an more unbiased look.. :p

Land-grant university - Wikipedia

If you see a school with a State or A&M in the name... chances are its a Land-Grant. The Act of 1890 helped establish HBCU Land Grants. In some states, the Flagship is also the Land Grant. Schools like UCONN, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Rutgers, Arizona.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The Uppity Flagships look down on the Land Grants.... as Moo U's.
Yup. If you ever venture to the UNC boards, they are all the time referring to NC State as either Moo U or Cow College.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom