2021-2022 NC | The Boneyard

2021-2022 NC

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes.. NC in 2021-22 is a good place to be.... although they are predicting another active hurricane season
How are the Hurricanes doing this season? I am not a big hockey fan...

Reaction Score
The hurricane season in wcbb will start in November at Storrs,Ct. Did i mention it will be a category 5? ;)
It will be very intense with a very narrow swath: 94 feet by 50 feet; I hear this storm only can exist on hardwood....

Reaction Score
Geno will have the luxury, more than ever before, that if he is dissatisfied with the performance of the first string, of benching them and putting in the second string.

No one, not even Paige will be guaranteed playing time. This will be payback time for hitting him in the butt and not holding a screen, for example.

Kidding aside, the competition for playing time will push the players to reach their greatest possible skill level in preparation for their professional careers.

Reaction Score
Yes.. NC in 2021-22 is a good place to be.... although they are predicting another active hurricane season
In Minneapolis during the FF for the biggest one? Site of 1995 NC, it cannot be for someone else, right? Right!

Reaction Score
I think the FF from the Bridgeport Regional is a virtual certainty but then we have to get past the Semifinals. In each of the last four, I didn't recognize our team. I worry. We all should.

Reaction Score
This coming year's team will have much more depth and much more experience. When you add Dorka Juhasz, who can shoot from anywhere on the court, rebound and play defense to last year's team, and then add that team to Azzi, Amari, Caroline and Saylor, you have all the pieces. Geno and his staff will need to figure out how those pieces fit together. If they had Dorka this past year, no question they are playing for the NC.

Reaction Score
why do I seem to remember that they used to play in a shopping mall?
Now it's an abandoned shopping mall. Not a fit environment for UCONN basketball. The whole city is pretty much the pits. Apologizes to any BY'ers who might actually live there.

Reaction Score
I am going out on a limb....barring injury and COVID related issues...WE WILL REIGN....NUMBER 12
Well from my count, GA will have at his disposal 3 HS players of the year, including 2 generational players, one of which was the best player in college last year. I don't think anybody can come close to matching that. Then he has several top 5 HS players in their respective years to go with a good collection of other talent from the US and abroad.

I would think/hope he could coach this team to a title.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO this team should challenge for the National Championship. However, I'm not sure if next years team has resolved its defensive weaknesses. This years team was done in because they couldn't handle quick playmaking guards that could get to the Rim. Also contributing to the problem the low post defense once the quick guards got past their primary defender was suspect. I also think Evina needs to quit deferring to her teammates for long stretches of games. Last season she seemed to get most of her points in the second half. In too many games it ended up the Christyn and Paige show on offense. Against Big East teams that was enough. It wasn't against Arizona. There will be more offensive weapons next year, so hopefully that won't be an issue. No UConn is doomed like all teams that have areas that need to improve on if its to win a National Championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom