• Yes

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One source said it's still too early to say this plan is "set in stone" but confirmed the parameters of what's being proposed. Part of the proposal might be that with a reduced season, the players would get 60% of their normal salaries, the source said. The source also anticipated that the players might have some counterproposals.

Reaction Score
Can’t get the article but Kelsey plum will miss the 2020 season due to an Achilles injury

Reaction Score
Her or Young. Bummer for Plum, hope she recovers well.
Yep. Plum was just starting to look more comfortable on the court in the WNBA during her third season in the league. One of the most diligent workers on her craft in the women's game, Plum is an easy person to root for. She will be back in 2021 and will be even more skilled than ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Posted on their Twitter account
24F6D213-2F40-4226-8926-0E6D39399460.jpeg

Reaction Score

Can the Dream turn to adding either Pivec or Cazorla to fill their backcourt roster need following Montgomery's recent decision or are both ruled out for the year via full year suspensions? I understand that there are temporary and full year suspensions in the WNBA. I believe that both Pivec and Cazorla had agreed to sit out 2020, but their playing rights remain the property of the Dream.

If 10+ players throughout the league opt to sit out 2020 for personal reasons, I wonder if the full year suspension status for players may be lifted for one year. Or, teams would simply look to the waiver list (like the Lynx did to pick up Megan Huff this week) to complete their rosters if they fall below 11.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can the Dream turn to adding either Pivec or Cazorla to fill their backcourt roster need following Montgomery's recent decision or are both ruled out for the year via full year suspensions? I understand that there are temporary and full year suspensions in the WNBA. I believe that both Pivec and Cazorla had agreed to sit out 2020, but their playing rights remain the property of the Dream.

If 10+ players throughout the league opt to sit out 2020 for personal reasons, I wonder if the full year suspension status for players may be lifted for one year. Or, teams would simply look to the waiver list (like the Lynx did to pick up Megan Huff this week) to complete their rosters if they fall below 11.

24th Mystics Pick Jaylyn Agnew fills the Atlanta guard spot and 20th pick (Sparks) Mompremier fills the Jonquel Jones spot. This seems to be a free agent type approach.

Also, To fill the void left by Hayes, the Dream also announced the signing Betnijah Laney who last played for the Indiana Fever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Liberty signed Joyner Holmes
She might end up a good player in the WNBA, just no room in Seattle with Stewie, Howard, Russell, Tuck, and the Rookie Magbegor who might be the next Aussie superstar.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
With the COVID19 numbers shooting up in Fl and the percentage of younger people getting positive tests increasing , maybe they should look at some of those alternate venues I think they mentioned they were considering. :eek::eek:

Reaction Score
She might end up a good player in the WNBA, just no room in Seattle with Stewie, Howard, Russell, Tuck, and the Rookie Magbegor who might be the next Aussie superstar.
& the vet Crystal Langhorne

Reaction Score
Liberty signed Joyner Holmes
I’m wondering what that starting lineup will look like for NY. 7 rookies... they’re bound to have at least 2 in the starting lineup and we know Ionescu will be one of them.

Reaction Score
MYSTICS SIGN VETERAN ESSENCE CARSON - Washington Mystics
Nice veteran pick-up but not sure she solves the Cloud problem. I think they should try their hand with one of the waived draft guard picks like maybe Tea’ Cooper. What do you guys think?

Might be good choice, but I could see him wanting somebody with more experience in this season with championship potential.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With the COVID19 numbers shooting up in Fl and the percentage of younger people getting positive tests increasing , maybe they should look at some of those alternate venues I think they mentioned they were considering. :eek::eek:

They can play here in Greensboro.. The Coliseum complex has 3 arenas on site... plenty of good dessert places and Middle Eastern Food. Heck... if they can have a franchise in the middle of the woods in CT... they can play here for a few months :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom