• No

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Who probably is the 11th or 12th player on the roster this year.
Yep if they trust Magbegor with minutes over Langhorne.
Have a feeling the starting lineup will be Bird, Loyd, Clark, Howard, Stewart with Canada, Whitcomb, Tuck & Russell getting the bulk of the bench minutes. If Magbegor shines, then she could overtake Russell’s minutes.

Reaction Score
Yep if they trust Magbegor with minutes over Langhorne.
Have a feeling the starting lineup will be Bird, Loyd, Clark, Howard, Stewart with Canada, Whitcomb, Tuck & Russell getting the bulk of the bench minutes. If Magbegor shines, then she could overtake Russell’s minutes.

Magbegor is just a rookie in this odd season with a short training camp. I’d be surprised if she got minutes over Langhorne and VERY surprised if she got minutes over Russell.

Reaction Score
Magbegor is just a rookie in this odd season with a short training camp. I’d be surprised if she got minutes over Langhorne and VERY surprised if she got minutes over Russell.
No one said she would get minutes over Russell, but Ezi is not your normal rookie. She has been a pro for 2 years, and was among the top 7 players on Australia's runner-up world cup team. Her mentor is Lauren Jackson who feels she might be the best Aussie ever.

Reaction Score
No one said she would get minutes over Russell, but Ezi is not your normal rookie.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you meant by “she could overtake Russell’s minutes.” Let’s check out the last All WNBL teams awarded.

ALL WNBL FIRST AND SECOND TEAMS:
ALL WNBL FIRST TEAM: Kia Nurse (UC Capitals), Brianna Turner (Adelaide Lightning), Leilani Mitchell (Southside Flyers), Jenna O’Hea (Southside Flyers), Katie-Rae Ebzery (Perth Lynx)
ALL WNBL SECOND TEAM: Mercedes Russell (Southside Flyers), Bec Cole (Southside Flyers), Steph Talbot (Adelaide Lightning) Cayla George (Melbourne Boomers), Alice Kunek (Sydney Uni Flames)

No Magbegor. Russell also won defensive player of the year, even though Magbegor has all that valuable WNBL experience.

She has been a pro for 2 years

So has Russell, at a higher level than just WNBL. Langhorne has a mere 12 years experience at the WNBA level (393 games). I don’t think she’s done yet.

and was among the top 7 players on Australia's runner-up world cup team.

There’s definitely players on that team who aren’t good enough for the WNBA.

Her mentor is Lauren Jackson who feels she might be the best Aussie ever.

I think you meant “become”, because she’s definitely not now. Gotta live up to all the hype first.

I’m not trying to trash Magbegor. I think she could become a decent WNBA player. But I don’t see any reason to be overly optimistic about that happening this season, for the reasons I already stated.

Reaction Score
Opals and Boomers star jets off to Florida WNBA hub

In a year when so many of the best-laid plans have been confounded by COVID-19 restrictions, Ezi Magbegor will don a mask and head to the US on Monday to fulfil her goal of playing in the WNBA.

"I definitely had to weigh up the whole COVID-19 situation. With things still being on hold with travel, I had to think about travelling to the states.

"I had a lot of things to consider but the WNBA have put in a plan and it has re-assured a lot of the athletes."

Magbegor plans to wear a mask throughout her travels which will see her spend a few days in Seattle before flying to Florida.

Magbegor isn't setting big expectations for her first season, she plans to learn as much as she can from the likes of Stewart and Bird then give her side all that she can when on court.

Reaction Score
1.The Los Angeles Sparks have signed rookie guard Te'a Cooper, the team announced Sunday.

Cooper likely fills the roster spot opened after guard Kristi Toliver opted out of the 2020 WNBA season for health reasons. The Sparks signed forward Reshanda Gray on Saturday to replace Chiney Ogwumike, who also will not play for the team this year.

2. Chicago Sky guard Sydney Colson said on Twitter on Saturday that she has tested positive for coronavirus.

"I do the least and tested positive so I'm tryna see how folks who do the mooost are out here partying and feelin grand," Colson tweeted.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some good logistical information at

TV/Streaming

While two teams (Indiana and Connecticut) have indicated that they will provide free streaming of the franchise’s games, the league has yet to announce the details of any broadcast deals or if all games will be available on its streaming platform, League Pass.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and some More Lynx / UConn stuff

--Fowles said she is thrilled Reeve made second-year player Napheesa Collier one of the captains this year. Fowles, Collier and Karima Christmas-Kelly are the three captains this season. “It was a no-brainer,’’ Fowles said. “The work she put in last year, the way she stepped up and led the team, she’s going to make a difference. I can see her being more vocal. But, for the most part, she’s going out and leading by example.’’

--Collier is back with her old college teammate, Crystal Dangerfield, both on and off the court. Collier and the team’s rookie point guard – she was taken in the second round – played three years together at Connecticut. And now they’re roommates at the team’s training camp in Bradenton.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So when are games supposed to actually start?

Reaction Score
Sue says she never considered opting out of this season. Said she's afraid if she missed another year she'd be done.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sue says she never considered opting out of this season. Said she's afraid if she missed another year she'd be done.

Interesting that she was so definitive to stay in while Megan Rapinoe was one of the first to opt out of the NWSL tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So when are games supposed to actually start?

Per article, July 25 but no schedule set

Some good logistical information at

TV/Streaming

While two teams (Indiana and Connecticut) have indicated that they will provide free streaming of the franchise’s games, the league has yet to announce the details of any broadcast deals or if all games will be available on its streaming platform, League Pass.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Interesting that she was so definitive to stay in while Megan Rapinoe was one of the first to opt out of the NWSL tournament.

Did Megan go into the bubble with Sue?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Still as prickly as ever.

Later, Diggins-Smith was asked whether her family was with her in the bubble.

"That's none of your business, I'm sorry," Diggins-Smith said.

I have got to figure they are not letting family in. If they are, that is a big mistake imo.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Still as prickly as ever.

Later, Diggins-Smith was asked whether her family was with her in the bubble.

"That's none of your business, I'm sorry," Diggins-Smith said.

I have got to figure they are not letting family in. If they are, that is a big mistake imo.

Who will be allowed to join players in the bubble?

Players with children will be allowed to bring them in, along with a caretaker. This is in line with the commitments to working moms that the league and union made in the collective bargaining agreement brokered in January.

All players with at least five years' experience coming into this season can bring a "plus-one" -- a spouse or significant other, for example -- to stay on site for the season, but the player will need to pay for that person's lodging, testing and meals. That person cannot come and go from the site.

So her husband (or another caretaker) could be there with the baby, but that particular response is... cold.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Who will be allowed to join players in the bubble?

Players with children will be allowed to bring them in, along with a caretaker. This is in line with the commitments to working moms that the league and union made in the collective bargaining agreement brokered in January.

All players with at least five years' experience coming into this season can bring a "plus-one" -- a spouse or significant other, for example -- to stay on site for the season, but the player will need to pay for that person's lodging, testing and meals. That person cannot come and go from the site.

So her husband (or another caretaker) could be there with the baby, but that particular response is... cold.

ok. I see.

Reaction Score
TV/Streaming

Come on WNBA, take my money already! :eek::mad:

I do hope for League Pass. In other seasons I watched the games on TV and twitter too, but LP is such a nice fallback. Given the paucity of wbb games atm it'd be nice to have the option for reruns this year.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been posted already but Jessica Breland will be sitting out this season
9CBE952E-BB2D-4654-8F49-12D4912407BB.jpeg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Say what? Doesn't having Lyme's disease put her in an at-risk category?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hasn’t decided yet whether to play...

Wow. If your doctor says it is dangerous, I imagine she will not play. What about Tina Charles? They never explained her medical issue?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom