2020 UConn Commit #3 - Jonathan Sénécal (Montreal Canada) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit #3 - Jonathan Sénécal (Montreal Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This kid has great arm strength! Welcome young man! Very glad to have you at UCONN!

Reaction Score
Can Uconn become the new player pipeline for Quebec? After Hergy Mayala, several players from Quebec who will graduate in 2020 have a very interesting profile to perform at the next level.

WR Malick Meiga @malick_meiga - 6′4″ 190 lbs - 2018
RB Ludovick Choquette @choquetteludov2 - 5′11″ 205 lbs - 2018
LB Mathieu Massé-Pelletier @MassePelletier - 6′2″ 220 lbs - 2018
S Ben Labrosse @BenLabrosse - 6′2″ 200 lbs - 2018
LB Dawson Pierre @Dawson_Pierre7 - 6′2″ 211 lbs - 2018
RB Kalenga Muganda @KalengaMuganda - 5′11″ 205 lbs - 2017
LB Étienne Amiot @EtienneAmiot - 6′2″ 200 lbs - 2018
T Moustapha Fall @Mousfall22 - 6′5″ 285 lbs - 2018
T Jez Janvier @JanvierJez - 6′5″ 280 lbs
TE Youri Gauthier @YouriGauthier - 6′5″ 220 lbs - 2018

Reaction Score
It seems that Syracuse is pushing hard for him to change his decision but Sénécal has confirmed that he is 100% committed to Uconn and wants to focus on his last season in Quebec. Case closed.
Not surprised that Syracuse was looking at him. Reminds me a lot of Eric Dungey.

Reaction Score
Can Uconn become the new player pipeline for Quebec? After Hergy Mayala, several players from Quebec who will graduate in 2020 have a very interesting profile to perform at the next level.

WR Malick Meiga @malick_meiga - 6′4″ 190 lbs - 2018
RB Ludovick Choquette @choquetteludov2 - 5′11″ 205 lbs - 2018
LB Mathieu Massé-Pelletier @MassePelletier - 6′2″ 220 lbs - 2018
S Ben Labrosse @BenLabrosse - 6′2″ 200 lbs - 2018
LB Dawson Pierre @Dawson_Pierre7 - 6′2″ 211 lbs - 2018
RB Kalenga Muganda @KalengaMuganda - 5′11″ 205 lbs - 2017
LB Étienne Amiot @EtienneAmiot - 6′2″ 200 lbs - 2018
T Moustapha Fall @Mousfall22 - 6′5″ 285 lbs - 2018
T Jez Janvier @JanvierJez - 6′5″ 280 lbs
TE Youri Gauthier @YouriGauthier - 6′5″ 220 lbs - 2018

Meiga already has a UConn offer from back in April and Fall, Labrossse, Pierre, Muganda and Masse-Pelletier are on their radar screen.

Reaction Score
We needed a McKenzie Milton type player to fall our way. Nothing changes a program faster than elevated QB play.

Interesting that we pledged not to recruit a second QB. Ordinarily I would advise never-ever make such a pledge, but I suppose when you have a chance at a player that is truly a step up and that player strongly demonstrates commitment back to you, you make an exception.

This is getting exciting.
From everything that keeps coming out about this kid, sounds like a perfect fit for us. We've found a guy that should be ready when his number is called.. if it's 2020, fine, if it's 2021, fine... if it's 2022, fine.. as long as he's ready...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You could have had the most knowledgeable QB guy in Canada (a coach for many years) say: "He's the best QB prospect from Canada in a long time." and you would piss on him.

Then. We all can be unimpressed because there is no Rivals, 247, HUDL or ESPN superlative nor stars.

If you take a QB in June, you are certainly impressed with him ... over many others. We might take 2 this year. However, the point is made: Edsall has done a thorough evaluation and is quite happy with the Commit. Including Arm Strength.
I said he looks pretty good, so I'm not sure why you're complaining? I made a simple critique based on the videos posted in the thread. I didn't mention that he's unranked with 1 offer, but thanks for covering all the bases of concern for us. Glad you have so much faith in 2.0.

Reaction Score
I said he looks pretty good, so I'm not sure why you're complaining? I made a simple critique based on the videos posted in the thread. I didn't mention that he's unranked with 1 offer, but thanks for covering all the bases of concern for us. Glad you have so much faith in 2.0.

Start the day ... start your week grumpy.

This 2.0 is a steep climb by any means you have.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not seeing a lot of arm strength, but he looks pretty good. Welcome!
How so? Not enough zip on the throws?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It seems that Syracuse is pushing hard for him to change his decision but Sénécal has confirmed that he is 100% committed to Uconn and wants to focus on his last season in Quebec. Case closed.
Never say case closed
BUT
It seems the kid really likes UConn, RE2 and the staff
There have been several Canadian HS kids who have made names for themselves in the US college ranks the past few years
I hope he stays committed and turns out to be a real good Husky

CL82

Reaction Score
The criticism has to be zip on outs to the sideline. The first clip is clearly 55-60 yard bullet that hit the WR in stride 10 yards beyond the DB.

He’s not 6-4 230. But he’s not a junkball pitcher
Also had a nice throw to the left while throwing running right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You could have had the most knowledgeable QB guy in Canada (a coach for many years) say: "He's the best QB prospect from Canada in a long time." and you would piss on him.

Seriously, who are the recent best QB prospects from Canada? Trying to understand who we are comparing to as the best Canadian high school football players. Jesse Palmer went to high school in Canada, but that was 25 years ago.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How so? Not enough zip on the throws?
Yeah all his mid to deep level throws didn't pack that extra punch from what my arm chair eyes could see. But he still looks nice, poise is obviously huge for a qb, and he's mobile enough to work with our normally sub par offensive line. Also happy he's content playing 2-3 years down the line.

Reaction Score
Seriously, who are the recent best QB prospects from Canada? Trying to understand who we are comparing to as the best Canadian high school football players. Jesse Palmer went to high school in Canada, but that was 25 years ago.

Sit yourself down in Montreal or Toronto - big huge Metropolitan CBD with athletes. See what their new immigrants are playing. Not Hockey necessarily. It’s Football + Basketball. 25% populations increase since 1999.

Hate to play demographics. Saying they’re not gonna have a solid QB will be followed with ... wait 20 minutes. They never had a Barrett or any of these other 1st Rd NBAers until ... recent.

CL82

Reaction Score
boomerang throw.
Back it the 50's most QBs had the ol' boomerang throw as an option. I guess you can say it's kind of a throwback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You start with an OLine. Peart Haines Leone DeGeorge Van Demark has to be the start. Steep steep climb ... but that’s the Hope of this Program.

As much as Krug Markowski Irwin Dupree Preston were the base of a nice 1.0 run. We have RBs. Imbalance, as I see it, in WRs & TE. We need to hope some of the newbies are far more capable than the typical UConn first years.

This OLine has to be where we begin.

Reaction Score
Sit yourself down in Montreal or Toronto - big huge Metropolitan CBD with athletes. See what their new immigrants are playing. Not Hockey necessarily. It’s Football + Basketball. 25% populations increase since 1999.

Hate to play demographics. Saying they’re not gonna have a solid QB will be followed with ... wait 20 minutes. They never had a Barrett or any of these other 1st Rd NBAers until ... recent.

You were touting some Canadian coach like he's an expert on legit QB talent. Senecal might be a good player, but the coach literally has no real baseline to make that comparison. And the NBA should be flooded with Chinese ballers after Yao Ming was drafted #1. There's like a billion people just like him.

Reaction Score
You were touting some Canadian coach like he's an expert on legit QB talent. Senecal might be a good player, but the coach literally has no real baseline to make that comparison. And the NBA should be flooded with Chinese ballers after Yao Ming was drafted #1. There's like a billion people just like him.
7'4'?

Reaction Score

No Baseline?

It was the Head Coach of the University of Montreal. 25 years a coach. Has coached in that position for almost 10 years. Head Coach in the CFL for Edmonton. Ten years OC in Pros.

The Canadian Universities are pretty solid football. The kids are sized like our Universities; not our HS.

It’s a very credible evaluation

Reaction Score
No Baseline?

It was the Head Coach of the University of Montreal. 25 years a coach. Has coached in that position for almost 10 years. Head Coach in the CFL for Edmonton. Ten years OC in Pros.

The Canadian Universities are pretty solid football. The kids are sized like our Universities; not our HS.

It’s a very credible evaluation

so answer the question - when he says "I’ve been watching college football for many years and it’s probably the best quarterback in the last 15 or 20 years,” - exactly who are/were the top 5 or 10? To say he grew up in a large urban area where some kids are playing football is not responsive. I'm with AndOne, who are these phenoms to whom we are comparing our recent recruit?

Reaction Score
so answer the question - when he says "I’ve been watching college football for many years and it’s probably the best quarterback in the last 15 or 20 years,” - exactly who are/were the top 5 or 10? To say he grew up in a large urban area where some kids are playing football is not responsive. I'm with AndOne, who are these phenoms to whom we are comparing our recent recruit?

Simple reading. Then Google

Montreal + Toronto ain’t like kids arriving from Munich now. Football is a big deal & they have athletes.

This coach Danny Macioca actually was BOTH the Head Coach of Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL and the General Manager. You could tell by the way the quote was presented that it was a big context for the Montreal paper.

I forgot one thing - however - the quote was in French.

Still. The odd Canadian turns out to really know Quarterbacks. Back to Senecal

Reaction Score
7'4'?

Maybe not a billion over 7 feet. Seems like we just went through this on the hoop board: there’s only a couple 100,000 over 7 foot worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom